Reviews for One
This was amazing!
jeannie nelson chapter 1 . 6/7/2016
this was amazing
Kplark chapter 1 . 5/29/2016
I think this is one of my favorites! Definitely can't see them putting this fire out now that it's started! Wow!
tervluv1 chapter 1 . 5/21/2016
I love this series, especially how you convey so much with the one word titles. "One": one room left, one bed, one night stand, one last kiss. Beautifully written in all its complexities.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/17/2016
Excellent story!
untapdtreasure chapter 1 . 10/13/2015
Holy hell. This is exactly what I wanted. The angst though...knowing neither of them could live with this...gah. I thought I could process this, but I can't. Must read the next part. Toodles.
lovemesomelongmire chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
I broke down and read it...and I'm SO GLAD I did! This was fantastic! So well written! I could certainly feel the tension, Walt's uncertainty, Vic's pull and then it's just the two of them, giving in to each other and that deep attraction between them! Wow! I'm a little 'flustered' at the moment:):). You really are a wonderful writer, with such a gift for dragging the reader right in to your stories, your 'moments'. You know the 'code' I've been living under lately:)...and you made me break it, much as Vic did to Walt! LOL. Wonderfully, wonderfully done, my dear!
kmac9 chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Fantastically written chapter! The charged atmosphere and tension between them is palpable throughout. Walt's thoughts perfectly highlighted the inner conflict between what would be the right thing to do and what felt right. Loved how you wove aspects of the actual episode (the beer at the bar, the confusion with the key card, the removal of Vic's wedding ring, the call from Branch), with the "what if" situation of having to share a room.

When I read the line "...nearly all his own carefully built defenses hopelessly compromised..." I wondered a few things: How long would the line in the sand last? Only a couple of hours, it seems. Would Walt's comment about people who cheat from an earlier episode come in to play? It does. And will Gorski still be outside the motel snapping a picture that he'll send to Sean (...only this time Walt wouldn't be able to say that there was nothing going on between him and Vic). Yet to be seen.

Very well done!
NevadaRose chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
I think you did this really well and would be pleased to see a sequel. I can fit this right into the rest of the episode with them both moving forward to do their duty.
midwestgirl10 chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
I absolutely love this part...

Vic cleared her throat, sounding about as brave as he felt. "So, you want the right side or the left?"

This is Vic to an absolute T. Not trying to let off that she's nervous but fearing that her voice betrays her, she attempts to make a joke. But then later she's brave enough to call him out on his overthinking. Their conversation the morning after is perfect. Another wonderful story from you, I vote you continue it ;) but if not, I'm sure you'll come up with another story before too long, haha.
waltxvic chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
You write such hot love scenes; ) This was a really good AU. Everyone has a breaking point, and I love that Walt's was her whispered plea - his downfall being that he could not deny her anything. I'd love to see a sequel too.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
Marvelous! I love "what if" fics and this is one is great.
Longmirefan chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
Da..amm I love your fanfics...Please give us a sequel!
susan1770 chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
Oh man, this was so hot and so somber and emotional. You have such a gift for writing explicit scenes but my gosh, these scenes add so much to the story. I felt their desire, their uncertainty, and their passion. The way you described Walt watching Vic put her jeans back on while she was talking to Branch just broke my heart and then again when he kissed her just before they left. And you wrote this in how short of a timeframe? I do like reading AU's and alternative endings and I especially hope their relationship grows deeper on the show. I think Rob and Katee have great chemistry and would do an amazing job portraying Walt and Vic's love. Wonderful one-shot but if you ever do have time, a sequel would be nice.
Rebelwant2B chapter 1 . 3/25/2015
Spontaneous combustion. I think the TV character of Walt would never be able to handle the guilt. Vic would be troubled but find a way to live with it. Interestingly enough I could see book Walt handling it with only a slight twinge of conscience. When it comes to sex he seems perfectly fine placing responsibility for the physical aspects of the relationship squarely on Vic's shoulders. You love scenes could increase global warming due to the heat generated. It would be interesting to see where you could take it from here.