Reviews for The Cupboard Series 4: The Fourth School
I now I'm only on story 4. But does harry Potter ever go back down to the chamber of secrets to discover what else was in the room where he found his wizard-staff or the other chamber behind the stone head of the head of slithering. There has to be a chamber there for the snake too have moved around in to be able to go in more around in to be able to come out again. Is it slithering secret library. Secret living quarters.?
mysinger chapter 37 . 2/11
I like how even your Canon events diverge from Canon. It is part of what makes this story so fascinating. The end of the third task was shocking but also satisfying, because it was impossible for anyone to deny Voldemort's return. I enjoyed this story much more because Harry wasn't forced to compete. You made use of the changes this caused brilliantly. Thank you for a thoroughly entertaining story.
mysinger chapter 18 . 2/10
Good chapter! I'm glad that Harry didnt have to compete. After all that he has done to escape Dumbledore's machinations, that would be incredibly unfair. I liked the visit of the goblins.
kahpfan chapter 37 . 1/23
I discovered this series of stories two days ago, yes that’s right two days ago and have read my way through four of them already. Your writing style is wonderfully compelling and the stories well thought out. I am holding you entirely responsible for my read eyes, exhaustion and slightly spaced out demeanour this week as every spare moment has been spent reading your stories. Including well into the night! Can’t keep my eyes open any longer so will start number 5 tomorrow. Fab series.
Jim Red Hawk chapter 36 . 1/7
Why does everyone take off a hand to bring Moldy back? A finger should do the trick.

Jim Red Hawk chapter 22 . 1/7
I am retired due to a stroke. I spend most of my time reading. Long chapters are very welcome here. Thank you!

Jim Red Hawk chapter 21 . 1/7
I think you left out at least one word in the very last sentence.

Kenau chapter 1 . 1/1
I like this series a lot. It is well written. I have to point out an inconsistency though. In a previous book Lord Greengrass took a majority interest in the Prophet and brought the staff to heel. In this book you have apparently undone this and Rita is free to insinuate at will.
Guest chapter 21 . 12/29/2017
i have to ask this. where the heck are colin, neville, mickey and the other one? the only boy i see is harry
morcheller chapter 27 . 12/27/2017
I realize I'm ages too late to voice my opinion of Harry's animagus but, I've often thought that the perfect animagus would be a common English Robin. No one notices them and the would be perfect as an outdoor spy and a stealthy way to approach an enemy. I have not finished the Cupboard series and maybe I'll get lucky and you will be of a like mind but if not, maybe it can be of use in the future.
Katzztar chapter 27 . 12/27/2017
Dumbledore is a fool for not thinking there was ways for Flitwick to deal with the stairs. Well, his loss is Diricawl's gain. I admit, I've been waiting to see Flitwick go there since Dumbledore skipped him for the position of Deputy Head and went to a guy that's been there only 10 years (sure many been there longer) and is incapable of reasonable interactions with students (of course I mean Snape)
Katzztar chapter 24 . 12/27/2017
Dumbledore's arrogance needs to be dealt with! In his arrogance, he is endangering children.
Katzztar chapter 18 . 12/27/2017
answer to the AN- Besides Harry really not wanting to compete, its fun to mess with Dumbledore and see his plans fail. Admit it ;) Oh and it means Voldie's plan fails, and Fudge's plan fails too! XD
All three wanted to see Harry compete for various reasons.
For Fudge, he was working with Dumbledore when signing that Emancipation papers. Undoubtedly, they both thought that if that happened then Harry would feel obligated towards them. .bwahahahahhahha
Katzztar chapter 15 . 12/27/2017
Yes, a hovercraft is wicked! No wonder you gave absolutely NO clues to what it was! XD
It wasn't until it was described as humming and moved from land to water that I started to think it was hovercraft.
Katzztar chapter 3 . 12/27/2017
I have to disagree with Hogwarts getting top grades. Yes to McGonagall, Sprout & Flitwick. Sinistra (Astronomy) is likely good, but not seen enough to know if she ranks as high as them. But 3 out of 7, that's half, core classes are straight up failures: DADA, History & Potions.

History Binns seemed to mostly lecture about goblins in class. Learning about other parts seemed to be done by homework, and even then what we saw seemed to be focused on Britian, and not about history of magic of the world. No wonder British wizards seem to think they are the top.

DADA simply because of the inconsiscantcy of teachers. Dumbledore is hiring people regardless if they are qualified to teach and fail to react to teachers sending red flags (Quirell's personality change, went from capable teacher to horrible stutter, Fake-Moody teaching unforgiviables) Out of Harry's 6 years at Hogwarts, 3 teachers were useless(Quirell, Lockhart, Umbridge), 2 were good (Remus & Fake-Moody), 1 had a serious chip on his shoulder and allowed his hate of a school rival influence how he acts towards the rival's)

Potions Putting the directions on the board and yelling "Begin!" is not teaching. Telling a kid that his potion is orange instead of blue so he fails that class is not teaching. Heck in first class of first year they should have NOT be brewing, but learning safety procedures, what is the difference between chop & crush, cut & sliver, ect. Then learn how to make those chops and such. They should learn that 'stir 2 turns clockwise and then 3 turns counter-clockwise' is NOT the same as 'stir 5 times'.
It doesn't matter if a person likes the actor Rickman or likes the heel-turn in 7th book that tries to paint Snape in better light, the fact is that despite being a brilliant potions master, Snape is a horrible teacher.

With 3 out of 7 core classes being failures and only 3 of the remaining 4 are sure to be top tier classes, that means that half of the classes are failures. Its only propaganda and loyalty that has people say "Hogwarts is the best!" or "Hogwarts gets top grades". (well top grades for only half of the core classes means that still half of the classes are failures.)
Glad to see Hermione see that and at least complain about Snape and Binns. She should have added that Lupin was the only good teacher for DADA in 3 years, other 2 were worse than Snape
1,751 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »