Reviews for Presence and Absence
wickedshenanigans chapter 3 . 4/30/2015
Waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh! Ugly sobbing.
The way she focuses on her routine, on just doing the next thing, is so evocative of pain and grief and the shellshocked numbness of something so fresh. And yes, that lying there in the dark before sleep is the worst.
"The lover too dangerous to love" Oowwww :(
Her self-loathing just permeates everything here, and boy, it hurts. Especially her thoughts that loving her should be wrong or shameful. NO, Regina! Oh, I just want him to prove her wrong so badly :(
I love the image of him going so far as to type out a text to her, but decide against sending it. YES. This is exactly what people do when they're going through a break up.
"the way his name would become a hopeful, broken question on her lips" THIS IS EXACTLY HOW HER VOICE DID SOUND WHEN SHE CALLED HIM ugh I hurt.
The sort of desperate hope he's trying to hold onto and the defeated sort of acceptance that there is no way to make this better is painfully and wonderfully woven together.
Oh Regina :'( Everything about that image, of her walking alone in the dark to the source of her pain, crying silently, full of shame and sadness, is just heartbreaking.
The hopeful note it ends on is just lovely, though. I especially love that she acknowledges how far she's come. She doesn't have to be that hopeless, angry, terrified girl any more.
I'm proud of her.
Chocapic31 chapter 3 . 4/11/2015
Wow ! I love it !
Can't wait to read more !

Love xx
raychel11 chapter 3 . 4/10/2015
This. Better than any canon will be. I just have too many feels right now. Thank you.
MargotTenser chapter 3 . 4/9/2015
Even apart they complement each other. This prompt made me proud of Regina. Still persisting in being her better self.
MargotTenser chapter 2 . 4/8/2015
This hurts so much. Regina is so strong, but she's endured so much too.
joyndoug97 chapter 2 . 4/8/2015
So angsty it hurts! Great chapter.
Guest chapter 2 . 4/8/2015
It's a hard thing. Regina does have love or hate to rely on. Really sad and terrific study of her grief.
MargotTenser chapter 1 . 3/31/2015
It's so hard to watch her suffer like this. But you get to how good he was for her and how he brought something to her loneliness.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Poor Regina. She's always so alone. It's hard to see her almost get what she needs only to have it torn away.
Chocapic31 chapter 1 . 3/26/2015
oh :( This a beautiful but sad chap !
Can't wait to read the next part !

Love xx