Reviews for The Gamer of Sunagakure
Ophis-The-Infinite-Dragon-God chapter 13 . 12/20/2023
Despite MC being rather selfish this was the best Naruto Gamer fic I've read to date, it's such a pity it's been dropped here.
Blue-Happens chapter 13 . 11/30/2023
ok, so this is clearly abandoned, but several things.

this was written well. I think the author would have benefited a whole lot from a clearer outline beforehand, and putting more effort into learning pacing, but overall it's a good start.

there where several points that baffled me, because they were the kind of scenes that were completely pointless, or actively detrimental to progressing the story itself.

resetting to birth, only to fast forward in a few paragraphs to where you already were shouldn't have made it past the initial consideration. what's this character gonna do anytime an actually important character dies? go back again and again?

also, you spent a weird amount of time and consideration into odd things. the detailed school staff, and several paragraphs describing suna's tax code are completely unrelated to the plot.

overall, 6 or 7/10, still worth reading, but has some clear areas for improvement
Blue-Happens chapter 12 . 11/29/2023
it's a bit of an odd decision to bring the mom back after the childhood is basically over. you probably have a reason for it, but it does seem odd. most of the naruto character arcs very much lean away from parental supervision the further into the show it gets
Blue-Happens chapter 8 . 11/29/2023
I'm sorry, WHAT
excuse me
narratively, that pisses me off. holy shit. wtf. I'm gonna keep reading, but I CANNOT believe you did that.
Blue-Happens chapter 5 . 11/29/2023
I'm gonna ignore it after this for the rule of cool, but the "automatic iron sand defense" isn't something that should be possible. the iron sand of the second? kazakage and the gold sand of the third aren't automatic, they're a bloodline style of jutsu.

garaa's automatic sand defence is because of the Ichibi inside him. I dont remember if he still has it after the tanooki gets ripped out, but if it is then its probably skill based at that point.

the MC isn't a jinjuriki, and his automatic defense will raise some serious questions the second people see it, let alone realize it's happening without the MC's knowledge. ok, rant done.
Blue-Happens chapter 1 . 11/28/2023
first impressions from chapter 1, I'm concerned. it's well written, but has a full stat sheet (a famous word count bloater) and the main character is aware of the gamer and other gamer fics going in.

as far as pacing goes, the whole first chapter is dedicated to introducing the premise and nothing else. Not bad in general, but with only 13 chapters total I'm worried there's not enough here to sink your teeth into

idk we'll see how it goes
Guest chapter 13 . 10/31/2023
This was really fun. It'd be so nice if the author can continue this, but that's probably a vain dream.
The truthful dec chapter 1 . 10/8/2023
Trash tear ,wouldn't recommend

Writer is skilled at writing and properly articulating scenes and situations far better than 95% of fanfic writers but is wholly lacking in plot progression and pacing , reading up to chapter 7 was a chore and a waste of time , you could skip the whole first 7 chapter and not lose anything , I'm not here for slice of life I'm here for ninjas fighting and killing not what the Mc does for the 7 days of the week , author is better than 90% of fanfic writer but is completely incapable of writing an entertaining story
piquelmyuzk chapter 13 . 8/21/2023
Can't recommended.

As a series it's like drinking 9 cups of room temperature water and 1 cup of soda. I say it kept skirting the line between bad and kind of bland. And in the end while I wouldn't say it was bad, I also can't say it was good enough to recommend. It's a shame cause there's some good ideas in the but none of it gets fully realized.
hilarious.yami13 chapter 13 . 6/17/2023
Are you alive
Guest chapter 13 . 6/9/2023
so sad this has not been updated in 1 year its so good
PattySmack chapter 12 . 6/8/2023
My boy! So glad to see someone reference Fantasy Life. The story is pretty fun to read so far.
BigTurner chapter 13 . 6/4/2023
Love the store you really have to update it
Guest chapter 7 . 5/24/2023
To any potential readers, just don’t read this story. It’s horribly paced. I skip entire chapters and I’m not lost whatsoever. It’s extremely slowly paced. The writer is literally fully describing day-by-day events, like they’re literally writing about every single day Genji spends in the academy. April 10, 11, 12… and so on and so forth. We don’t need to know what happens everyday, time skips would be much appreciated.
Guest chapter 6 . 5/24/2023
To any potential readers, the MC is a disappointment. The MC kept playing himself up and arrogantly kept saying he’d be an S-ranked shinobi…only to train very rarely. He is nowhere near Itachi and Kakashi’s level when they were his age. He is arrogant and doesn’t put in the work required to achieve his goals.
1,398 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »