Reviews for A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words
Undertheinfluence chapter 10 . 3/19/2010
I also think that it's insanely awesome that you're from Australia and that your initials are ACE.

Just sayin'.

~ Undertheinfluence
Undertheinfluence chapter 10 . 3/19/2010
I think you are an amazingly talented author. I was really surprised after I read the a/n's at the beginning of each chapter. You seemed like a funny and enjoyable person and as soon as I started reading your work, that was instantly replaced with thoughts of what an intensely brilliant young lady! I was swept away with every word, every line. And although it is now eight years after you published this particular fic, I hope you kept up with the writing. People say that skills and facination only develop with age, and if that's true... Well, I can't even begin to imagine what your writing presently is like. This piece of writing was breath-taking and I sincerely hope you stuck with this particular something that seems to come so naturally to you. Well done.
taedium chapter 10 . 8/13/2009
Wow! That's the easiest way to express it, I guess, just W.O.W. I am so impressed that I'm reviewing this fic, like, 7 years after you wrote it!

My Gods! This really is one of the most beautiful fics I've ever read. They really are both idiots too. The way that you portray their feelings, the extreme sadness that comes with each idiotic heartbreak, the overwhelming joy* [so overwhelming, in fact, that I found myself giggling (YES, GIGGLING like an insane 13yr. old girl) all throughout the final chapter, thanks to you my entire family thinks I'm completely bonkers now!] *when they finally realized just how much they loved each other and were loved in return.

If you truly wrote this at 13, then I would really love to see what you're up to know.

A truly, amazingly, breathtakingly, achingly beautiful piece of work.

I think I'll stop rambling now, I would just like to add that I just may have fallen in love with your writing. Just saying. :]
TheLibraNerd chapter 10 . 7/21/2008
I love your style of writing! I actually payed attention to it, unlike other fanfictions I have read.

When I read this last chapter, I thought of the song by Panic At the Disco - When The Day Met The Night. It's really a very interesting song.

The Poptart Ninja chapter 10 . 12/10/2007
I thought this story was awesome. My favorite chapter was 8. The way you described everything was amazing.
combosolo chapter 10 . 11/20/2006
oh my gosh...

i am such an emotional sap!

if you knew me, you'd know that me and emotion do not go in the same sentence together (at least on the outside). but this fic was just so much of everything.

i cried on and off throughout the whole thing. but the last chapter i just cried non-stop.

you're writing style is just so explicity beautiful. this concept is incredible.

the emotions through the story were just so raw that i could feel them. i felt the hurts and the longings and the inadequacies and everything else.

ok, i guess i'll stop gushing about your work now. i just thought you should know that i now think you're a writing goddess.

that is all.
smilus chapter 1 . 9/26/2006
it was utterly amazing to me...i think it's because i'm in a great mood...but i really loved this chapter
nutmeg2736 chapter 10 . 1/3/2006
This was a very sweet, sappy and cliched gag-worthy story. XD I read it all the way through! It was a really awesome story, and the plot was nice and well-structured. Basically, it was a fun read.

A little advice, though: You repeat yourself a lot, where having a sentence just once or twice would make more of an impact. I realize that you're trying to show the characters' emotions, but I'm sure the readers will understand what you mean without you having to give a whole paragraph of detail on every little thing. :)
olupotter18 chapter 10 . 12/23/2005
hey just read this and finish it wonderful i love it the love and pain all of it wonderfuly writing well bye hope u have a great christmas bye shola!
puffskein chapter 10 . 6/10/2005
Wow. Just-wow. Your powers of description are breathtaking, frankly. The only criticism I could possibly make was that the whole shouting "why?" thing was a tad melodramatic, but apart from that it was fantastic.
Mrs. Lupin-Black chapter 10 . 2/20/2005
Wow, it was soo... discribtive? I don't know what word to use. It was damn good ~Dominique
Mickey Sixx chapter 1 . 8/20/2004
Hi there!

Wow...that's all i can say. This is totaly amazing! I'm 14, and i write myself, but what i write is nothing compared to yours! Absolutly bloody amazing!
CuriousDreamWeaver chapter 10 . 5/29/2004
Your use of emotive and evocative language and imagery was very well done. I thought it was nicely written. It was a great fic! Well done!

_~

DreamWeaver
The Insane Floo pot chapter 10 . 5/22/2004
Hidy hi there, wow it's being like months since I've reviewed something, but there's being nothing that's made me want to particularly review any new stuff... but OMG! It would be a total injustice of me not to review this magnificent story! Heh I'm soo glad I read it when it was finished though because aw the ending... I can't describe it, it was just so freaking beautiful, by far the best ending I've ever read to a story *sniffles* nope wait the word beautiful doesn't do it justice, it was just more like beautifully perfect! I don't know if it's just because I'm in one of those slushy moods, but wow it's like the ending that romance writers could only dream of creating it was so moving and *squeals* I just have to go re-read it... but I have to finish off the review first damn!
The ending wasn't the only thing which made your story simple amazing to read! I mean I love Harry/Draco angst stories but wow if I thought you could write beautiful endings... that's nothing compared to all the feelings of hurt and torment you put poor Harry and Draco through... I was literally tearing my hair out when Draco heard Harry say "I love you" to Hermione, oh or when Harry followed Draco out in to the forest and heard him screaming "damn you Harry potter I will get you" oh and.. okay yeah I think you get the point lol, sorry but there's just soo many hair-tearing-moments-because-of- misunderstanding-situations in this story that it's a wonder I've got any hair left! Not only is the plot outstanding but also the writing of their feelings... I thought I'd read angst but whoa I have to say that you my dear give a whole new meaning to the angst *gulps* yeah you're angst should definitely come with a warning!
And not only can you write ridiculously deeply angst filled scenes and passages but also come on lets face it the plot is bloody fantastic to! I totally fell in love with the whole Art competition idea... but that only makes the plot great, your description of the finished pieces, the intensity which they painted it, their reactions to each other’s paintings... that makes it fantastically great, heh I like Ron’s reaction to it, his whole art is for pansys attitude is just the sort of thing that you could see him saying! There’s just so many things which make this story so heartbreakingly wonderful to read, the expertly written scenes, off the scale angst and beautiful romance and not to mention the fabulously poetic descriptions touches to your descriptions… yep just basically shows what a superbly talented writer you are, what you are!
Well yeah this is it now I'm really finishing this review now, heh sowwi but I so just have to re-read this again before I go to sleep... even if it did seem like there wouldn't be a happy ending, hey I did say your angst should come with a warning and I meant it, from all the angst and misinterpretations I had to keep on checking the summary to make sure I read the "happy ending" or not... and wow what an ending to! Okay yeah I'm really going! Until next time... See ya!
P.S... Viva la Harry and Draco, heh they're so my fave pairing of ALL time!
tehjack chapter 1 . 4/18/2004
Wow. Your writing is amazing. I especially love this quote:
"But the rational part of Draco knew that he could never really have his beloved, just this hollow mockery that was his twisted and lonely obsession with an angel."
When I read that, I just went back over it a few times, savouring your words. This entire chapter has been like that, poetic, but still managing to get your plot off to a promising start. Will definitely read more!
One thing to work on - you have a lot of run-on sentences.
Good luck!