Reviews for Pensieve
Lil'09 chapter 39 . 9/6/2005
Whoa, this is really good! It took me a long time to read the whole thing! But every bit of writing was well worth the time.

This is such an awesome story. If you don't get published someday, then I'll carve out my head and use it as a punch bowl.

PLEASE keep writing! You can't just stop here. You've GOT to write more. I can see that the last time you updated was a year ago, but can you still come back? Or perhaps write a sequel? Or get going on what website that's devoted to Pensieve? Please, just write more! You're the best author I've come across so far.
tasha chapter 39 . 9/5/2005
Brace yourself - this will be long.

It took me one month to read your masterpiece. I was hooked after I read your first paragraph. I’m at a complete loss for words. That has never happened to me before. I have read fan fiction for a long time and have read hundreds of different stories. Some have been terrible, others remarkable. But I have never been at a loss for words to describe a fanfic. The only word that comes to mind at this moment is - wow.

Wow.

First off, I’ll like to explain how I discovered your story. One idle Tuesday, I was sitting in front of the computer's monitor, completely depressed by the lack of talent in the Harry Potter world of fan fiction. I was soon irritated my all of the "omg!"s found in the chapters. I then realized that the only way I could find a remotely decent story was by checking the favorites list. So I checked the favorites list one author, then checked their favorites list, and so on and so on. About ten favorites lists down the line, I found your story. I read your summary and though, "why not?" so I clicked on the little blue link and started reading it.

After reading the first chapter I stood up, did a happy dance, sat down again, and proceeded on to the next chapter. I was positively thrilled to find an exceptional fanfic.

Here is a list of things about your writing that has impressed me the most:

1.)The witty banter - you must keep your company well on their toes! The retorts, comments, and topical references are very impressive! Too many times I’ve come across authors who try and fail miserably to make James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, and Snape dialogue witty and sharp. It is challenging to successfully write such a dialogue, but you make it seem effortless.

2.)The plot – your plot was, to say the least, gripping. There are so many unexpected twists and turns. Each chapter you write is in no way mundane. You keep the story going. There isn’t one part that is overwritten or ill explained. I’ve spent hours reading your story and have never skipped over parts.

3.)Character development – I love how you have made these characters your own. True, the majority do belong to JK Rowling, but every author has the right to make their own version of characters. The relationships between the students fall in line with the few pages JKR wrote about them, but there is uniqueness in them that you have placed. By the end of the first chapter, you have no choice but to adore them. Everything you write about them is...how do you put it...logical? right on the dot? they are never out of character.

4.)Never leaving a character out – one unique thing about your style is that you don’t just focus on the main people in the plot, but you write about each person. Each of them have a chance to be in the spotlight. Even the more minor parts, such as Evan and Tristan, are focused on. One of my favorite parts was when Snape and his fellow Slytherins were sitting at the breakfast table, playing one of their usual mind games. You describe how the students keep the marks on who is ahead of who, but never voice the score – it’s all done mentally.

5.)The romance – many times, authors have gone too far and have overwritten romance scenes. After a few sentences it’s anything but romantic. It is instead crude and uncomfortable. But the way you word your romantic scenes makes the reader truly believe that the characters care for each other. It’s sweet and sacred. Those parts are heartwarming.

6.)The humor – it must be great fun hanging with you. I’ve burst out laughing during parts and have received many peculiar stares because of it. My brother refused to let me read your story once because I laugh too hard when I do. Go figure. Anyway, it wasn’t so much the humor, but the kind of humor. Each person has a different sense of humor, and in your fanfic, the different kinds are very distinct. Well done.

I have typed so much that my fingers may fall off soon. I will write another review when I remember something else about your writing that has impressed me. I have no doubt that I will.

Before I bring this review to a close, I will ask one thing of you: KEEP WRITING! If chapter 39 is the end of this story, please write a sequel! This is too good to stop. I realize that it has been a year since you have updated, and authors usually don’t write more after a year of absence. But please consider writing more. You have written so much in this story, yet it is so little.

Thank you so much for this story. It means so much to me. You have a true talent. USE IT WELL! Good luck with your studies and please return to the fan fiction world!
corissa chapter 39 . 9/3/2005
i like the fic. in fact i love the fic. it's so romantic, charming, and witty. i hope this isn't the end of the story. i did see some spelling errors and there are some words that don't need to be in there at all, but that's ok, i know what you were trying to say. hope another chapter is coming.
Thee-Unknown-Factor chapter 18 . 8/31/2005
Oo, interesting, but they're a little to physically close for my comfort. In december? O yeah, way out of hand
Mashiara14 chapter 39 . 8/27/2005
This story is wonderful! I absolutely love it! Please don't tell me it's over. It's been quite awhile since you've updated, but that may be just because it must take quite awhile to write chapters of this length. I love long chapters! Anyway, your writing is amazing, your story is astounding, and I hope it continues!
Anna chapter 34 . 8/23/2005
Please don't go an entire year without updating! Please!
Laura chapter 10 . 8/16/2005
Wow... I really hope this Snape/Lily thing ends soon. I think it's making me sick-

Besides for that, this story is great. I don't know why I never read it sooner.
Laura chapter 10 . 8/16/2005

Besides for that, this story is great. I don't know why I never read it sooner.
Akt5us chapter 39 . 8/8/2005
i luved it and cant wait for more
lexygirl0 chapter 39 . 8/6/2005
love it please continue
MentalisFun chapter 1 . 7/30/2005
Bloody good story! Luved it. Is it finished? I for sure hope not. Please please finish it! Update soon.
bubblekid chapter 39 . 7/27/2005
I really hope you continue this fic! Please! It's so incredible!
Anna chapter 38 . 7/24/2005
Why did you take away all the songs and comments at the ends of the chapters? The lyrics always really summerized the chapter well, and your updates were funny and interesting.
lilmissmolly chapter 34 . 7/21/2005
I loved this chapter, the James part made me cry. I really liked it, and I'll go finish reading now, bye :)
tweety08 chapter 1 . 7/20/2005
when will you update? i'll never cease to truely love this story!
1,739 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »