Reviews for The Long Road to Damascus
LDillin971 chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
When are you going to add the next chapter? I've been enjoying the story.

I really like the part about Snape going to Dumbledore to surrendor. I like your perspective of how that conversation may have occurred.
sevter chapter 10 . 8/4/2003
Hmm...I love the way you portray Dumbledore's insecurities on recruiting Severus as a spy. It's a nice touch to use Moody to plant these seeds of doubt into the Headmaster's head...
katie chapter 2 . 7/13/2003
I am truly sorry that this story was never finished. It really is remarkable and I would have loved to see where it ended up. Alas.
heaven shadow chapter 10 . 7/13/2003
AIEE! Plz update soon! I adore the way you write and the ideas that Dumbledore isn't a completely soft imbecile. Your portrayals are great and I do hope that you continue soon!
Skywise chapter 7 . 7/3/2003
I reviewed this once, over a year ago. Things got busy and I didn't really get to keep up with it. I stumbled across it again the other day and have been enjoying rereading it more than you could ever know. I honestly think this is probably the best piece of fanfiction I have ever read. You write Snape so perfectly. I am in total awe.

Every so often I read a piece of fan writing that just strikes me so strongly that I really adopt it and start pretty much considering it cannon. This is absolutely one of those pieces.

Your writing just seems so real. I'm not really sure if you get what I mean by that, but I don't really know a better way to say it. The descriptions, the characters, everything just seems so vivid and so real to me.

I think Snape is probably the most complicated character in the books and he's also the character we probably really know the least about. You fill in so much about him and it all fits so well with the cannon.

I'm probably rambling right now so I'll stop. I just realized when rereading this that my review last time was horribly inadequate and that this really deserved more than a line or two of praise. To me, this is THE Snape fic. Keep up the excellent work.

~Emma
Tracey Claybon chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
I wish that the author had finished this - I confess, I wanted to learn more about how this ended.
Lux Aeterna chapter 10 . 6/6/2003
Man . . what an awesome fic this is. It's wonderfully dark . . . I can't wait for the next chapter.
nikita4ever chapter 10 . 5/24/2003
oki, where are the rest of the chapters lol .. !

i am one of those that just read right through all 10 chapters and it was just ... wow.

it kept me reading it with out wanting to stop! Excellent story! hehe best outbursts of typical snape behaviour.

Loved it, hope there are more to the story, will put you in my author aler list... and as my favo story so far.
nikita4ever chapter 4 . 5/24/2003
So far it is a great story. Actually more then great. You adequately use a very good descrption, not too long: enough to give us the feelings of what snape is feeling, his confusions and all.

There is a small thing i did not get because in all your chapter so far you seemed to meticulously put all the details so that the book and your story are in order. But the thing with the dementors clashes because well the dementors where supposed to be on Voldermorts side till he died... All in all Terrific story because what i loved the most about the harry potter books is exactly that thought, the fight for good and evil specially within! Te thurst for more power, and you have captured that immaculately..

Nikita
nikita4ever chapter 1 . 5/24/2003
wow great idea
Layelle chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Nice story! One of the better Snape fics out there. Are you updating this, or have you abandoned it? I'll do my regular checks anyway. You never know when luck strikes and I get to read another chapter...
Diana the Burninator chapter 10 . 4/23/2003
The best Snape fic I've read so far, I wager. I'll have to try Earthwalk's stories on your recommendation.

I just have to say this this was expertly written. You have uncanny insight into Snape's character, and you actually endeared him to me even more. I'm looking forward to (hopefully) more updates in the future. I'm also rather dreading the end, since we all know what happens. Poor tortured Snapey-poo.

...I think I'll call him that from now on.
Goddessnmb1 chapter 10 . 4/19/2003
You know, I think I could cheerfully fry...something, for the fact of this fic having not been updated in...what, half a year? Which almost certainly means that you have abandoned it. Damn. Just so you know, you certainly *did* leave obvious clues as to the real identity of Gurdgeon, I guessed straight off (I'm so modest...). My contacts are near falling out of my eyes I a so tired, and my math is angry at me for not doing it, but this was such a good story I couldnt help it; I usually read s/hg but found mention of this story as being a really good one while searching the WIKTT post archives for something angsty. What I failed to realize was that this was angsty especially for the fact of its not being finished...or even seemingly worked on. You've created a Snape that I dont think I've ever really imagined...one that is so perfectly Dark *and* trying to redeem himself in an incredibly nonsappy way. And an Albus Dumbledore that I dont think I've ever enocuntered in fanfictions before; you really saw the power there and it was actually *Against* Snape, which is incredibly rare in the stories that I read. I really liked it, actually. Um. I wish there was more, as I really want to find out what will happen...how far had you planned to take this story when you began it? Well, anyways, just figured I might as well tell you that I enjoyed it and that I hope that you will drop me a line if ever you *do* decide to complete it. Thanks for some ery good writing and a terribly intriguing plotline.
WittchWay chapter 10 . 3/27/2003
Excellent story!
Elysia1 chapter 10 . 3/21/2003
This is great, fantastic, the best Snape fic out there! Please! When are you going to update?
286 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »