Reviews for The Long Road to Damascus
MMM chapter 10 . 2/26/2003
Welcome back, Morrighan. I thought I would check this one more time and bingo, it has been updated! A bit too excited for a coherent review at the moment but I will make a stab at it. 1. Finally, some details at the background hinted throughout. No wonder little Sevvie was a bit twisted. 2. I like how Dumbledore was forced into defending Snape, even he was suspicious himself. 3. Evan Rosier, very nice character. I have a feeling he's going to die soon. 4. Didn't mention Rosier sudden 'Recall to life', did we, Severus? That just slipped his mind, I'm sure. 5. Echo - I see what you mean now - totally irritating and cowardly simpleton but necessary to the plot, perhaps? 6. Look forward to meeting Snape's mother some day. 7. Now, you've got to tell us more Arabella.

Anyway, good to have you back! (now I should check whether Textual Sphinx has updated . I may get lucky again.)
Mia chapter 10 . 1/11/2003
I first came across this fic in the summer. After reading the two first chapters, I printed it out, and took it with me. I finished it outside, among flowers and playing children-

And hoped that you would continue writing.

And now, with the storms of winter raging over the roof of my little house, I find you have added two more chapters.

This is truly one of the best fic's I have ever come across. Hope to read many more chapters in the time to come. ;)
becky chapter 10 . 12/25/2002
This story is really good! I can hardly wait for the next part.
Angel of the North chapter 10 . 12/24/2002
Interesting.

It's not quite how I saw snape, but fairly close.
laila chapter 10 . 12/11/2002
Great fic! Very emotional pov of Snape. I think it does his character justice during his Death Eater years. HOpe the next chapter arrives soon. P
Himitsu Natsume chapter 10 . 12/8/2002
*gasp* You added two chapters since I read this last. P I'm going to have to go back and reread a bit, I've gone and gotten this fic mixed up with about three others. Don't you hate that? Anyhow, last two chapters are great, your writing kicks butt. I'm off to go refresh my memory of this fic now though! _ Can't wait for the next chapter!
textualsphinx chapter 10 . 11/28/2002
Oh good, you've climbed out of Mount Doom. I love the relationship between Dumbledore and Snape, and also the little details about Slytherin Catchphrases (there's only one Evan Rosier indeed - bit Muggle?) Poor Echo - you despise her even more than Severus does.

You've made me loathe Alastor Moody. The prat - you'd have thought the 'frantic' behaviour of 16 year old Severus, compared to Agatha's chilling delight, would tell you something about the boy's inner qualities.
me chapter 10 . 11/27/2002
Sooo... When's the next part going up? More please!
Aurora West chapter 10 . 11/25/2002
Wow. This story is really, really good, and I'm sorry that I don't have any constructive words to offer you. Your skill is so far beyond my own that I really can't... I read all of it, minus the first chapter, in one sitting...my god, it's ten thirty, and it was eight last time I checked... I noticed this was originally published in 2000...you'd better not wait another two years to finish it! :) Anyway, marvelous job. This may be the best fanfiction I have ever read. I'm this close to deifying you.
Mystical-Mermaid chapter 10 . 11/25/2002
I have just read all ten chapters in one go and have to say that I think it is well explained. I don't know about anyone else, but I am not lost yet and look forward to reading the next installment when it comes out!
Icarus chapter 10 . 11/24/2002
From Icarus, aka The Dink:

Morrighan, this is brilliant, as I've said before. I'm going to go through it with a fine toothed comb for more specific comments. I want to print it out and give it to my boyfriend, who is neither into Harry Potter or fanfiction. I told a friend of mine it has the emotional darkness of Anne Rice and the tight plotting of Tom Clancy.

I emailed more cult info. I don't know if any of it will be helpful.

I can't believe I'm actually beginning to like Echo. As for her growing crush on her teacher (and his attachment to her)... uh-oh.

The conversation with Rosier - outstanding.

One comment: I think you need to pick up the pace soon. It makes sense to have a couple of character-building episodes after the heavy action in Toronto, but always remember that characters' actions speak louder than their words.
CLS chapter 10 . 11/24/2002
Ah, Severus all over: "Half of his mind wanted to choke the life out of her for wanting even to attempt it; the other half wanted to hex her for making such a poor attempt at it." I do love that your Severus is hard to pin down, not always knowing himself what he is about. Well, I wanted more Echo - thanks! - though I am not sure how she will turn out in the end and I am enjoying the tension very much.

~ CLS
Badhbh Catha chapter 10 . 11/24/2002
I am trying to show my little sister the delightfulness of Snape, so I have begun to read your story to her. Long Road is the best example on ffn that I could find to make Snape's case. You salvage the goodness in his character without making him nice. So far she is really enjoying the story, which is another thing I must commend you for: there is enough substance in here to appeal to anyone. She also is finding several characters she can identify with, and that really increases her enjoyment. I read your story some time ago, but have forgotten a good amount of it, so I am enjoying the reread myself. Thank you for the, eh... sibling bonding experience that you have so skillfully provided.
Ariana Deralte chapter 10 . 11/24/2002
I wasn't expecting a chapter this soon. Thank you:)

"Virgil's the only one of that lot would take his foot off your head if you were drowning." - that's a nice line. Very, very slytherin. Evan seems to really like Sev.

I enjoyed the conversation with Dumbledore, it was very bitter and realistic. *goes back and rereads it* Yep, still like it:) Please write more soon. Cheers:)
Ada Kensington chapter 9 . 11/23/2002

*punches the air*

THANK GOD FOR MORRIGHAN !

I was beginning to lose faith in Harry Potter fanfiction - but your masterpiece of Snape fic has restored my faith.

I love this fic because of the way you've managed to integrate so many of the lesser characters that JK Rowling has mentioned in books one to four so cleverly and so subtly (Irma Pince, Bulstrode Twins, Telemachus Flint - to name but a few mentioned only in this update).

As for your Inner Perfectionist, I think that she should stop being so critical. This update is just as clever, full of tension and unease, and as well-written as all of your previous chapters.

Wonderful!

I have yet to find fault.
286 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »