Reviews for The Barista
Astrophysikerin chapter 51 . 5/9
I just reread this whole thing however many years later and wanted to make sure you that it's still one of the most memorable fics I've encountered. Thank you again for sharing!
sylvelle chapter 46 . 3/19
Excellent. Made me smile. I am happy and love this story.
Dew007 chapter 50 . 3/13
OMG THE FEELS! I teared up back on chapter 30 when the realization hit me as to where this would end. This has been the greatest thing I have read in a LONG time. I have a hard time liking original characters but I fell in love with Kira (and Stefan XD)

BRAVO! This whole series...just bravo!
Dew007 chapter 35 . 3/11
haha yes! I so read that in his voice! I can only imagine the ribbing Jack would get if Daniel had heard Stefan call him Colonel Sumptuous
Dew007 chapter 9 . 3/10
Oh my I'm sure my coworkers think I'm nuts as I kept grinning and laughing at my computer screen! Great great chapter!
Dew007 chapter 8 . 3/10
Oh my how have I not found this series before! Loving it!

Who hasn't wanted Jack O'Neill to father their children?! -drools-

SN to one of your Reviewers about Jack using 'SO'...he has, it's canon...
Guest chapter 22 . 11/13/2017
BCE? CE? Standard academic way?
:P
BC AD all they way
heck yeah
wooooooooooooooooo
Guest chapter 20 . 11/13/2017
Krino - I'd love to know your reference for that?
Guest chapter 18 . 11/13/2017
Kira, go ahead and be insulted - *I* am.
Jack - listen, dude, that's offensive, thinking that anyone who makes it to 21 years old and is passing cute cannot be a virgin. Some of us have MORALS and actually want to be virgin brides one day.
Seriously.
Guest chapter 18 . 11/13/2017
"Everyone else belongs to a chattel of companies somewhere on the west coast"?
You - You mean I can't have Daniel? Nooooooooooooooooo...
Guest chapter 14 . 11/13/2017
ARG! Not the paper bag myth!
Take him/her by the shoulders and BREATHE WITH HIM/HER, slow breathes.
Or - this is cool - blow a quick puff of air into his/her face. This should startle him/her, and disrupt the over-breathing.

Good job with the head between the legs! I've met a lot of NURSES don't know that.

(Trained in First Aid)

Anyway... Good story :)
G.M.Rivers chapter 51 . 11/7/2017
I have no words to explain how much I enjoyed reading this... It was just beautiful!
boyo77 chapter 51 . 5/9/2017
Wow. I just binge read this series. Your writing style and characterization matured and improved so much. I really cared about the protagonist. Amazing job!
Bearswithlazereyes chapter 51 . 4/19/2017
This was a wonderful story 3 I practically grew up on Stargate SG1, and i don't often read SG1 fics, but this was probably my favorite so far!
dietcokechic chapter 44 . 3/16/2017
As I can't email Emi directly, I thought I'd reply to her (his?) email here. First, thank you for your review. It always makes me smile when I hear from someone who discovers the Barista stories after all these years.

Second, I *never* *ever* wanted to write anything offensive and apologize profusely if anyone was offended by anything I ever wrote. When I wrote the sentence that included 'fag', it was done so a whopping 13 years ago, at a time (and place, I lived in Seattle at the time) where it wasn't perceived/used in the pejorative way I think it might be today. I had heard my gay friends use the term in the early oughts ('00's), so I thought nothing of co-opting it for my story.

I have mixed feelings about updating this chapter, as it *is* a snapshot in time. I'm also hesitant, because removing this single word would mean changing the last updated date for the entire 51-chapter Barista story from 2005 to 2017, which believe me, I'd hear about! Folks will wonder if new chapters have been posted, or would re-read, wondering what had been changed. Truth be told, I'd love to go back and give the Barista a good editorial scrubbing, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time.

So! For right now, I'm going to leave the word in there, but do know the decision wasn't made lightly and I sincerely appreciated hearing from you. The moment I decide to update/edit these stories, the first changes will occur in this chapter. Thanks, Emi.
1,685 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »