Reviews for The Barista
thebluninja chapter 14 . 7/18/2015
Huh. Wow. Kudos for the CPR, though the official rhthym has definitely changed since whenever Kira (you) learned it.
thebluninja chapter 5 . 7/18/2015
These are pretty interesting, but I'm left feeling like I need to be watching an episode in between each chapter. I like Kira, and torn between the desire to see her find stuff out she's not supposed to, and knowing that sounds far too cliche and bad-self-insert standard.
Riddle09 chapter 34 . 7/10/2015
I was really hoping they'd tell Kira! Nothing to lose, right? I mean, she'd just forget as soon as the loop finished. In fact, they really should have taken advantage of the loops to gauge public reaction to the Stargate Programme...
Anyways, I'm glad you wrote this story and have kept it posted here - I only learned about Stargate a couple years ago.
reddir chapter 50 . 6/12/2015
I really loved these stories. My favorites right now are the first season's when I found myself caught up on this cool new (for me) take on SG1, and these last few chapters where your really brought it all home.

Thank you so much for writing and sharing these. You helped bring back many good memories of watching SG1, the characters and sense of wonder.
reddir chapter 46 . 6/12/2015
I was waiting for this for so long! Nice intro to it with the discussion between Daniel and Jack. And yes, I was mentally jumping up and down at the end :)
CactusNoir chapter 9 . 6/5/2015
This was hilarious! I love Colonel Dad Jack. (I'm also super impressed that you've done all that cool stuff from the prev chapter.)
reddir chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
I got here from tvtropes, their rec page for SG-1 Fan works.

I really liked this chapter. The little elements you sprinkled through it took me back to the early days, and from such a different perspective that we saw in the show. It is nice revisiting it all from a 'normal' perspective.

About the little elements - really well written. Each little touch was just enough to convey something, nothing too much - except how cute Jack is, but I guess that too is the normal perspective :)

Thanks for reminding me of those early days, and the richness of the characters.
Sue Clover chapter 48 . 5/7/2015
Honestly Daniel, all you have to do is say, "I don't want you to take the job at the CIA because I want to offer you a job with me instead." That simple, Daniel. That simple.
The suspense is killing me.
Sue Clover chapter 47 . 5/7/2015
I can't believe it's almost done. She's going to finally find out about everything and accept and then you're going to hit us with the feels bomb. And maybe not even in that order! And then the story will be over! What do I do then?
But at least they'll have her when they lose Daniel. Because honestly, Jonah was smart, but Daniel is irreplaceable. I don't know how they ever got along without him. He is the heart and soul of the SGC. I don't know how I got through season 6 without him. It was torture. But anyway, onwards! I'm almost done. And then I will collapse from tiredness and feels.
Sue Clover chapter 46 . 5/7/2015
Oh, yeah, I'm grinning alright. I was waiting for this for soooo long. And now she's considering the CIA... ha. I thought maybe she could start there and transfer into the SGC after she got some experience, but honestly having Daniel steal her away is much better. But really, why didn't he hint harder earlier?
Sue Clover chapter 41 . 5/7/2015
Oh, hon. You and your diet coke.
Sue Clover chapter 39 . 5/7/2015
Well, as explanations go, that one was not terrible. But seriously, it was WEIRD reading that at the beginning of a chapter. I mean you'd told us already (a couple of times) that it specifically was not going to happen. So I had to figure something weird was going on. And it was. Still weird.
Sue Clover chapter 36 . 5/7/2015
Not quite jaw-splitting... but pretty close. So sappy, but it made me very happy. Thanks, Kira. You always know how to put them right.
Sue Clover chapter 32 . 5/7/2015
So that was awesome. Funny how the brain works when drunk, right? I'm told it's very similar to being super tired, which I am right now. I need to stop this and go to bed. Maybe just one more chapter. I can't stop wondering if Kira has seen the Stargate symbol for Earth before, and it triggered something in her subconscious, or if it just happened.
Sue Clover chapter 26 . 5/7/2015
Love the story still. I think the hint of the future was perfect, since my hypothesis is that eventually she graduates and is looking for work and then gets a recommendation and is brought into the Stargate Program as a culture/linguistics expert. I mean, Daniel's department has certainly grown over the years, it would totally be perfect.
1,800 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »