Reviews for The Barista
fighttowin1 chapter 30 . 8/17/2012
I thought that Kira had Daniel's email address from a while back when he gave it to her so that she could send him her paper to proof. I guess that even if he did, it might have changed so she no longer had it. :-) That IS funny that she has Jack's cell and work number but does not have Daniels cell number...or email address...hmmm...interesting! heehee...and of course I love the last bit:

You know Daniel, one of these days you're going to have to tell me what you really do for them. Who knows, maybe I can talk you into giving me a tour of your office! I think next month is "Take your Barista to work day"... : Jack keeps hinting that I should join the Air Force (as if THAT will ever happen), but I wonder, if I DID show an interest, would he take me to his office?

Thanks for the story!
fighttowin1 chapter 29 . 8/17/2012
Great story!
Loved this line:
Daniel!" Jack swears as I hear him pushing some additional phone buttons. "Kira, if Daniel doesn't learn to shut the hell up, I'm going to have to bring you in for a debriefing." As much as I am curious as to where Jack and Daniel work, I suddenly don't think I'd like to see it via an interrogation.

Wellif she were brought in for a debriefing...she would know what is going on right? Or maybe not...hmm...

She got to be the one to watch his back! Ha! Lovely!
These are so well written, and I'm thankful that I missed out on the long wait while you bicyled across the US...hopefully that was a wonderful adventure for you!
fighttowin1 chapter 27 . 8/17/2012
"It's ok, Kira." Daniel says as he pulls me into towards him. For several long second Daniel
hugs me tightly as I hiccup into his chest and try to get my emotions under control. I wish
I were a Vulcan.
Heehee...!
Oh..and yes...I liked the birthday kiss better...Of course she did!

That was so thoughtful of Daniel to seek her out to be there for her.

Ahh...such a nice calming story! If only she wasn't so much younger than him, although once you get past about 25 the age thing doesn't seem to matter as much. :-)

fighttowin1 chapter 26 . 8/16/2012
Wow...Daniel is very brave to allow her 3 questions! Ah...it would have been nice if he had thought to maybe invite her to join them for thanksgiving at Janets if they end up getting to go. I bet that Cassie would like that. She fits so beautifully into the family. Although...I suppose that he wouldn't have invited her without asking Janet first, so maybe not. Just a thought...
Thank you for the story!

Loved this part: "Don't let Jack here you say that Kira!" Daniel says smiling. "He really is hoping you'll join the Air Force."

I guffaw loudly and shake my head. "Daniel, I am *never* going to join the Air Force." I say forcibly.

"Good!" He says taking another sip. "Jack owes me $10!"

"You bet on me?" I ask incredulously.

"Oh we bet on just about everything." Daniel says eyes twinkling.

fighttowin1 chapter 23 . 8/16/2012
Too funny that she managed to overhear what was going on without them noticing her! Hopefully she gets away clean and they don't run into her in the parking lot, although at that point they wouldn't have known she had been close enough to hear them. Nicely done...loving it!

I bet she was no longer moping about having been stood up! heehee...
fighttowin1 chapter 22 . 8/16/2012
I absolutely loved the different ways you bring about the situations. The way that she could hear from across the cafe that Jack was NOT happy, and her momentary disbelief that it was 'her' colonel Jack on the phone..discussing Daniel! The anger that Daniel displayed towards McKenzie was perfectly written! I could literally feel the anger that was in that exchange. Beautiful job...you know...if you decided to write a book and publish it, if it was written about our SG-1 team...and it was written this good...I'd buy it!

fighttowin1 chapter 21 . 8/16/2012
The ONLY complaint I have is that I can't always remember or figure out which episode your vigenettes are after or around what timeframe...I know that you inlcude the name at the top, however since they just removed SG-1 off of netflix, I can't just go and look them up. This one...chapter 21 I do get...but the last one I was having a bit of trouble with...NOT that YOU can do anything about that, but it IS the ONLY complaint that I have...and it is more a complaint of my own lack of memory! Did you get all of that, amongst the really bad grammar? heehee...

Thank you so much for these wonderful stories!
fighttowin1 chapter 20 . 8/16/2012
I still think that Kira would make a great asset to the SGC at some point. ;-)
So...he told her the truth, and while she does believe in aliens...she doesn't believe in freezing technology? Hmm...well..give her a bit of time..I bet she'll give it some more thought..and figure out that he could very well have been actually telling her the truth! Heehee...I am LOVING this...if you couldn't tell!
Well done!
fighttowin1 chapter 18 . 8/15/2012
Beautifully written
fighttowin1 chapter 17 . 8/15/2012
Maybe this wasn't such a good idea after all. An accident-prone archaeologist, a
Jaffa warrior, an alien orphan and yours truly taking a coffee shop girl to breakfast.
A coffee shop girl with absolutely no military clearance what so ever. This should be
interesting.
I agree...written perfectly...this should be interesting!

Apparently I'm entertaining. I think that's why Thor likes me.
Haha...

Would you just remember his name! I can see the little mice running frantically through Kira's head.
Such a visual!

I absolutely loved the Jack POV...well done! I know that you wrote this many years ago...but since I'm enjoying reading this so much...i thought that you might still enjoying reading the reviews for it. :-)
fighttowin1 chapter 16 . 8/15/2012
Conditioning?! Totally not convinced that is what they are really doing there...I'm sure that she will figure it out eventually. This was SOOO much fun to read! I read the warning about it being funny and it not being your fault if we got in trouble at work...well...I'm at home and had just put my son down for a nap...thankfully due to the warning I was at the other end of the house...or else he would have gotten right back up to see what was so funny!
Absolutely loved this one! All of it! Especially the part where Stephan comes up and starts speaking about Daniel as if he wasn't there...too funny!
Thank you for the laughs!
fighttowin1 chapter 15 . 8/15/2012
Wow! Well...she is going to be just like part of the 'family' before long! She is smart enough to figure everything out at some point...especially since the team keeps dropping clues. ;-) Hopefully she never has to deal with McKenzie or any of the other not so nice guys. :-)

Reading on...and enjoying much!
fighttowin1 chapter 14 . 8/15/2012
Very nicely done!
Loving reading these!

I'm also looking forward to seeing their reaction when Daniel and Jack overhear Stefan's nickname for her! Oh...what fun!
fighttowin1 chapter 12 . 8/15/2012
"How can you work in a coffee shop and not drink coffee?" Daniel asks completely
baffled.

"You work at a military base and aren't military." I counter. Daniel just shakes his
head. Match point to Kira!

Loved this part!
Thank you for the stories! Ahh...a budding archeologist...she'll have one heck of a mentor! :-)
fighttowin1 chapter 11 . 8/15/2012
My favorite part of this story:
Fact: Daniel and Jack are obviously very good friends.
Fact: Daniel is an Archaeologist, Anthropologist and Linguist.
Fact: Jack is a Colonel in the United States Air Force.
Fact: Sam is a Captain in the Air Force AND an Astrophysicist.

What the bloody hell are they all doing together?!

Love this little story! Thank you for sharing!
1,804 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »