Reviews for The Barista
Iona sg chapter 1 . 8/2/2019
I love these fics where the characters (especially non-canon ones) don't get the in-joke but we readers do.

It's intersting how Kira appears without the depth we know she has. Fun reading this chapter after one's read all others, though. (Not that the first time around wasn't.) It's so simple, everyday-ish... normal. *g*
Iona sg chapter 51 . 8/2/2019
Let me start at the end and use chapter 51 to write my overall impressions. (It would be a bit bizarre to review an author's note...)

I may have discovered this fic an eon after it was first posted, but I'm glad it happened this way - the long waits would probably eat up my nerves. Thus, I got to read it in one go. And then I went right back to chapter 1 and started rereading.

As you may have guessed I love Kira. She's so easy to connect with as she's such a vivid and interesting character. Another reason she works so well as an OC is that you so deftly avoided turning her into a Mary Sue in places where one could say you walked the line (even unintentionally). And she has a gay sidekick (I adore Stefan too)!

Your choice of 1st person narrative actually make this fic as great as it is. It works well as a sort of a commentary on eps too - the (this one at least) reader often gets a completely new perspective on the canon. Definitely one of the best SG-1 fics out there. Thank you for writing it.
Arekanderu chapter 51 . 7/17/2019
This was a really beautiful story
NaniteSystems chapter 51 . 5/13/2019
It's certainly been a while since you posted the last chapter of this story, but I want you to know that people are still reading this and still tearing up years and years later. Barista has been an excellent read, and l look forward to more of your work. If nothing else, I'd like to thank you for all the work you put into this story. It is a masterpiece.
Dorothy4 chapter 22 . 2/18/2019
I am happily re-reading the Barista series and at the same time I am re-watching SG1. I realized I never posted on this chapter. Legacy is one of the episodes that I almost never watch because I end up yelling at the TV. As a card carrying member of the psychologist group, with a couple of degrees to prove it, I get so mad at the portrayal of Dr. McKenzie! His diagnostic work was horrible, his conclusions were ridiculous, and his therapeutic rapport with his patient, well that didn't happen. Sorry, diatribe digression. But,Janet ticks me off too, because I don't think she would just let an outsider make a lot of big decisions like that. Anyway, this chapter always makes me feel like other people saw how stupid Dr. McKenzie was and hopefully don't think that is how REAL psychologists behave. Love the series!
13torches chapter 51 . 7/25/2018
Thank you everyone. It was a lovely ride.
13torches chapter 50 . 7/25/2018
We will forgive you this once. sniff
13torches chapter 49 . 7/25/2018
Yes. She should totally get her own office. With the best coffee in the entire mountain.
13torches chapter 48 . 7/25/2018
Doggone it Jack! Let the people have a moment will ya!
13torches chapter 47 . 7/25/2018
Just give me a drop, will you? A drop more?
13torches chapter 46 . 7/25/2018
Yes, I am smiling. Thank you!
13torches chapter 45 . 7/25/2018
Oh honey, if only you knew.
13torches chapter 44 . 7/25/2018
Please. Please show it to Daniel.
13torches chapter 43 . 7/25/2018
Fade Kyle, fade into the night...
13torches chapter 42 . 7/25/2018
Is Kira going to be alright? Is the shock a warning of things to come? Tune in next time for...
1,800 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »