Reviews for Sins of a Father
gabelou1991 chapter 1 . 1/25/2016
J'aime.
CloakSky chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
Okay, so I'll be honest, for me Videl wouldn't react that badly after learning the truth. I think she's smart enough to have figured out her father's reasons, and while she's disappointed in him, in canon Videl also clearly always had a feeling that her dad never saved the world, so I don't think it's a big shock for her when she finds out. She also understands that him lying and taking the credit was actually good for Gohan, so, I don't know, would she really be that mad at him? Sure, he lied to her, but how was he supposed to involve his nine-year-old daughter in his deceit?

Well, that's just my opinion of course. To me Videl is mature enough not to hold a grudge against Mr. Satan and to understand that in the end, it was for the best for Gohan and his family.

That being said, it's a nicely written one-shot. The details in the descriptions were a nice touch; I, myself, tend to overlook what the characters are wearing and what colors, lol. The Buu scene was funny, too, and I liked that Videl spent her day with Gohan's family. Nice work overall. :)
Dyton chapter 1 . 9/22/2015
I think this is an excellent one-shot. Many times I've seen Videl go confront her dad, but for one reason or another I just end up not liking their versions. From Videl forgiving her father too easily to Hercule being obnoxious about lying and feeling proud of it. I will say that I am no fan of Hercule and always wish he could pay for his lies, but this was a rather good blend where Videl understands why he did what he did, yet she does not easily forgive him.

Overall it was a great one-shot. Keep it up.
nancy103 chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
Good one-shot!
And yes, I'm sure Videl gave it to her father after the truth came out. Which is why he probably couldn't say no about her being with Gohan. Eventually, all the riches would go to both of them.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/30/2015
honestly I believe 99 percent of all people would do exactly Mr Satan did he had the perfect opportunity to make a better life for himself and his daughter that's a sometimes you do that by any means necessary no matter what repercussion could it be. and its make you could not science any critics
Hektols chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Agree with Videl berating her father for belittling the true heroes. Also good point Satan believing his own lies, it was seen when he tried to defeat Buu by himself.

To Satan's defense, he had a key role in the Cell games taking A-16's head to Gohan's side to talk with him and later he actually saved the world when he convinced Earth's people to share their energy with Goku, he was proven right when he said that people needed a hero.
Reishin Amara chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
I have only one thing to say...actually...Vegeta does.

"Yes...I can picture exactly how it would happen..."
*Imagination Begins*
*Vegeta runs in and spin kicks hercule in the neck*
"TEAM THREE STAR!"