Reviews for Wake Me Before You Go
TyrionlenTyrOlenna-8 chapter 1 . 10/13/2018
Down with Critics United!

They are the cancer to our society.

The root of heresy needs to be burnt to crisp

with over thousand innocent souls without remorse or guilt thereafter.

No sacrifice is too great and no treachery too small.

Remember, we all are walking under the immortal shadow of Him.

His light shines so brightly, it will guide us to our foreseen destiny that is in our grasp.

A great moment we all should not pass.

If you are on the same page, cp this message.

Now onto the actual review:
It was a tough night, but her routine set to increments of every two hours seemed to be working, and they both went to sleep without any tears. Soon, the morning light crept through the window, bringing with it a blush of color, but no warmth. Katniss turned over, pulling the blankets tighter. She smiled at the scent of her newborn left in the covers and slowly opened her eyes.

Wow!
top story chapter 1 . 3/17/2017
Always real together
twlightbella chapter 1 . 12/14/2016
Aww
rebecca-in-blue chapter 1 . 5/26/2016
This is an interesting, well-written exploration of Katniss and Peeta as parents. I really like your scene-setting descriptions, like the fog "as a lover not yet ready to leave" in the opening line, "a blush of color, but no warmth," and the baby's smell on the blankets - they're poetic without being purple prose. The mention of Annie is so bittersweet, and Katniss wondering at the end "if she looked that silly getting up while she was pregnant" is a good dash of humor.

While this story is well-written, some of Katniss and Peeta's behavior felt out-of-character to an almost AU degree, particulary on Peeta's side. He was always so warm, friendly, and got along well with pretty much everyone; even during his hijacking, his rage was mostly directed at Katniss, and the epilogue and final chapters always gave me the impression that he recovered his personality. In the epilogue, if I remember right, there was mention of Katniss's nightmares but not his, and Katniss was very much anti-having-kids for most of the series. So it feels rather odd here to see Peeta as the nervous parent who thinks his baby hates him, and Katniss as the one comforting and reassuring him. I just can't see him leaving Katniss alone with their newborn for three days, or taking the baby away without telling her.

"The bundle on his lap was quiet and unmoving" - And here, Katniss actually fears that he's killed their baby? Woah. That feels extremely dark and out-of-character for both. Even at his worst point during the hijacking, I don't think Peeta was capable of killing his own helpless baby, and I don't think he would assume that Katniss thought he was, either.

A little nitpick: "This child meant they had finally won against all odds" - I'm not sure what this line means. Didn't helping to overthrow the Capitol and restore peace to Panem have something to do with them winning?
Gamemakers chapter 1 . 9/18/2015
I just realized I'd never reviewed to say how much I enjoyed this :-)
Estoma chapter 1 . 3/29/2015
Yes, I should be taking lecture notes, but your story is much more fun. Thanks for entering the contest. I think you might be the winner and sole entrant.

I read this at breakneck pace. Oh my. You picked a topic that is sure to induce fear and anxiety in anyone - let alone poor Katniss, the new mother. Good choice there. I had to read to the end to find out what happened to the baby; I was really very worried.

Reading back, I think that you could have improved this by making your readers really feel it. A little more description, and atmospherics, and even world building of the rebuilt District 12 would have been great.

Great piece. You certainly filled the contest brief. Well done.

Cheers.
distances chapter 1 . 3/28/2015
Oh my god. You did a really god job with fear. I was super worried when it said the baby was unmoving, but phew. You brought it to a nice, happy end, and I liked the image of the baby in the breadbasket on the table. Great fic! :)