Reviews for Restoring Faith
VG-Classics-Fan chapter 5 . 12/21/2015
Awesome job capturing the turtles personalities... Much better than what 'Turtles Forever' did.

Liked Donatello's input on Leonrdo's & Raphael's behaviours.

Cant wait for more!
Andromakhe chapter 5 . 7/30/2015
This is how to do Raph angst properly. I felt terrible for him. The human and mutant divide is always an issue, but it's true that Raph would feel isolated because he doesn't seem to add to the team, he feels unappreciated, and worst of all, Leo doesn't appreciate his hard work. I liked that it was thinking of Leo that really hurt, like it was the last but heaviest straw.

Would be nice if mutants would be accepted. I'd like to see a world like that.
mysteryred chapter 5 . 7/23/2015
I love how Raph's mask throwing didn't have the impact he desired. I can just see it floating to the floor, landing gracefully. Lol. So exciting... Who painted the message, I can't wait to find out! See Leo just needed to wait overnight for the next rally of madness to begin. The world always needs heroes. Great cliffhanger.
mysteryred chapter 3 . 7/23/2015
The ending of this chapter is right where it should be. I love the line, "I can lead you to the oasis but I cannot teach you how to see your reflection." LOVE IT! You're dialogue is so on. It seems Leo's next life lesson is before him, but of course he can't see it yet. Well done!
mysteryred chapter 1 . 7/23/2015
Poor Leo, I can just feel his uncertainty. What does one do when they've achieved their life's goals? This is an especially great question for the brothers because they are so limited in their options. It's not like they can just go above ground and get jobs... hmm, only in 2007 verse that's what one of them does (while I acknowledge Donnie's help line job too). So we know what two of the brothers might do. But Leo and Raph... Oh, yes, I like this very much. ;)
Zelgadis55 chapter 5 . 7/18/2015
Ouch... I really need to get ahold of the last couple of seasons, which have yet to be released in Aus... I find it disturbing that April would have stopped associating with them like that, I gotta say. Can understand the change of career but to leave her friends in the cold is pretty bad...

There was quite a bit going on in this chapter, despite the relatively short amount of time it was set over. It's both good and sad that Raphael started to realise that Michelangelo was correct in what he said... That right mind, left mind quip of Raphael's sure had me snorting with amusement. And Splinters cryptic advice *shakes head with wonder* It's amazing how he comes up with it XD

Well, the repercussions from this turn of events won't be very good for our favourite foursome but I certainly look forward to seeing how they play out!
Zelgadis55 chapter 4 . 7/18/2015
Poor Michelangelo, he held back on his response so hard trying not to rub Raphael the wrong way but... it did anyway. Naturally...

Anyay, just started this story and very much enjoying it so far :-)
Gwydion chapter 5 . 7/7/2015
Finally got a chance to read this! I like the look into Raphael's mind and thoughts. It's nice to see what's going on in there through all of this. That spray painted message certainly isn't going to help with his poor mood! Can't wait to see what you've got planned!
SleepingSeeker chapter 5 . 7/7/2015
Poor Raph wrestling with his futile feelings. His bond with Master Splinter is one that I really enjoy reading. He is not like any of his other brothers, he knows he could do better, always waiting on Splinter to prove him right, that he's no good, but Splinter always reinforces his self-esteem with gentle love and guidance. Bolstering Raph, at least, for a little while.
Poetique823 chapter 5 . 7/6/2015
Okay, first I have to say that you have the '87 Raphael down to a fine art! There's just something about your writing that takes me back to when I watched TMNT as a little girl. How can I describe it?...There's a certain 'wholesomeness' in the dialogue that is very nostalgic of a simpler, purer time in cartoon television and you manage to capture it in a time capsule and delicately decorate each chapter with its goodness. You took an 80's cartoon that most people consider out-dated in characterization and dialect and brought a sense of 'magic' to it that I truly miss from my childhood. This is really hard to explain, but in short...AWESOME JOB! :)

And your moments of 'zen' with Master Splinter?...I LOVE it! Its like you're a magic 8 ball and all I have to do is shake you up and down to get a clever and meaningful word of wisdom, lol. :)

and AW SNAP! Things just go super real! WOW!...you just stepped up the innocence of this story (in a good way) with the hinting of civil unrest. Ah! So excited for the next chapter! XD
RelaxedReady chapter 5 . 7/5/2015
I really super duper like this story and its even better that it is the '87 turtles, what a fun universe to play with, great work hope you keep on enjoying it! Thanks ;)
Zarius chapter 5 . 7/4/2015
Now the story truly takes a turn...and you're not holding back on the profanity, I feel scared and interested.
Zarius chapter 4 . 7/4/2015
Hmm...hardass is a bit strong for the 87 TMNT, but it shows how much the situation is getting on everyone's nerves and trying their patience.
Zarius chapter 3 . 7/4/2015
The analogy about the four seasons was very on-point. Good job there. Great callback to Turtle Trek also.
Zarius chapter 2 . 7/4/2015
Great depiction with the hands trembling. Really shows how shaken Leonardo is with the feeling of not being as well-defined as he used to be when he knew there was a clear obstacle. Now things are not so clear.

Nice choice of pizza toppings for Mikey too.