Reviews for Harry Potter, age 8
gginsc chapter 14 . 6/14
I thought it might be the elf!
Saissa chapter 18 . 6/11
Excellent story! Love the last chapter conversation as well.

Now to find the sequel.
Erimenthe chapter 18 . 6/3
Wow. That is a powerful post script. I'm glad Mandancie asked for it lol. Now I'm going back to read the trilogy over again with this in mind.
This author is biased : Harry is an adult.
Harry is an adult. Read Dutch Girl.
SkyeMoor chapter 7 . 5/21
So, um, if the twins aren't at Hogwarts yet, who said that Snape was evil?
I can't see Percy doing that, for goodness sakes!
Was ron really old enough to listen to Charlie talking?
Honestly don't you two read chapter 17 . 5/21
Not bad! I really like it :-D
Margot11 chapter 18 . 5/21
Hi RCW

Sorry it took a while - I went back and read from the beginning.

You know the thing I appreciate about your stories is that they contain equal measures of light and dark. Of course, all the chapters from 1 - 17 have a dark edge, mainly thanks to Treadle and his warped sense of loyalty. But there's also the burgeoning relationship between Snape and Harry, which is lovely and lifts things from the gloom. Even that isn't given to us in a saccharine manner, and Snape has as many faults/worries as the rest of us do.

The post script complemented this theme perfectly; Snape's obvious regard for the boy, his doubting that he is the right one to act as guardian and, of course, the fact that it was his role as double agent which resulted in Treadle treating Harry so cruelly. This was a perfect mirror of the chapters that preceded it. Perfect for a post script!

You obviously think a lot about your work, and I'd like you to know that that extra thought is very noticeable. It's so much more satisfying to read a well-constructed story.

Thanks for taking the time to write and share it.
lechatabbicat chapter 18 . 5/18
really liked this!
delia cerrano chapter 18 . 5/18
So glad you came back to this. I'm looking forward to Severus trying to make up to Harry and Harry's response to the change. He probably won't trust it at first.
Again how wonderful you will be finishing this story...it's AWFUL to get into a story then never know how it ends.
Michellecole chapter 18 . 5/17
I’m so glad you wrote that ! It def fit right in!
I was wondering if you would consider really coming back to this series .. it’s one of my fav!
Harry lives through you ! Please keep them alive for all us ! I love Harry mischief and love the family ..
Mol-dune chapter 18 . 5/17
I’ve read your stories so many times. You always keep my attention and leave me wanting more.
I love this story and hope to see more of your work in the future !

The Crimson Mage.
I lived that you revisited this story! It’s by far my favorite and I hope to see more like it someday. Your writing style has changed a little bit and I enjoyed the freshness and inventiveness if your first couple stories.
Dixie.f.9 chapter 18 . 5/17
This part says it all. "Maybe you should find someone else to be his guardian," Snape told him quietly, but not in the angry or defensive way that Dumbledore would expect. Instead, Snape seemed defeated and sad about it.

"I think I chose correctly the first time," Dumbledore told him. "He needs a fierce protector, Severus. You and I both know that the path that lies before him is extremely treacherous. If he is to survive, he needs someone who is formidable, both in magical protection and in commitment to caring for him. I can think of no other."