Reviews for New Day, New Life
Wawv chapter 1 . 9/27/2015
I just discovered this fic and it was a pure pleasure to read it.
jdboss1 chapter 27 . 9/16/2015
cooooool
syed chapter 27 . 9/13/2015
In the Marrok world, witches and wizards are different, wizard power is in the physical, while witch power lies in body, mind, flesh and blood. The school is built for both witchcraft and wizardry, so i wonder if htey have any potential for either in their bloodlines/students.

I had this idea for the stone to be used to make the best magical portraights, but what if instead the stone is used with a pensieve. A device that view magically created memories, and the stone, that summons a shade made of nemerous memories bound together.
Indecisive Bob chapter 27 . 9/12/2015
Nice chapter! That was a lot less dramatic than I was expecting it to be, but also turned out way better than I expected to as well. Keep up the good work!
Shikyo no Kyoufu chapter 4 . 8/31/2015
Oh god lol lol. Oh man I forgot my review because of that last bit oh god I need to go roll around on the floor for a bit to get my giggles under control.
forzentorafe chapter 26 . 8/30/2015
OMG, I can't wait to see the next chapter. ._. will the dragon step in or will this be another chance for Alex to prove herself?
Indecisive Bob chapter 26 . 8/28/2015
Nice chapter! It seems as if Alex doesn't have quite the mastery of her own mind that she believed she did. Keep up the good work!
Indecisive Bob chapter 25 . 8/23/2015
Excellent story so far! Superb job! I wasn't expecting much from this story because it's labeled as a SI fic (and those tend to be horribly cliche and rather boring, with several exceptional exceptions), but I am so glad I code to read it. Not only have you successfully made a SI character that I truly like, but you've also done a wonderful job of mixing two different franchises together as well as making convincing and intriguing changes to the story.

A nice and caring Dursley family? I've seen some, but the one in this story feels... right, I guess you could say. They're not a perfect family, and Alex stated in the beginning that Vernon and her never had a good relationship, but things change in that family as time goes along. By the current chapter, Alex has gone from a cared for relative to a truly cherished family member. And you even gave a reason for Vernon to treat magic with suspicion (monstrous vampire/zombie creatures that decimated his military squad would probably disillusion any normal person from all things supernatural).

All of these things and much more, I love it all! Please, keep up the excellent work! Honestly, I'm confused as to why you don't have way more reviews for this story than you do.
Wyvernz chapter 25 . 8/17/2015
Great story, I love how you've mixed the two settings and have avoided all the common pitfalls of fanfiction - both settings are balanced while remaining true to the source material, your SI is strong but reasonable, your characters are realistic, and you even managed to change the species of one character without making them into a rediculous Mary Sue (assuming pansy is white court). Top notch work, really.
Tererdrone chapter 25 . 8/15/2015
Well and now the third party comes into play
Anonymoose chapter 25 . 8/15/2015
Hmmm. A little dsytopic. There wasn't really any reasonable margin for her to escape from the unnamed conspirators' perspective. It just seems like arbitrary 'we're always one step ahead' antagonising. I'd personally like to see them get personally involved in the plot so we can have a gauge for how much plot armour and how omnipotent they are, rather than the aforementioned 'always one step ahead'.
Otherwise, great as usual, and you toe that line of 'other forces at play' very well.

cv dA
syed chapter 25 . 8/14/2015
The last scene was suprising. My best guess, is a secret wizard society, possibly of those that search for the hollows and the master of death. The thing is the fact they said mudblood made it sound like a bunch of purebloods, and they has a screen of rercorded harry. What tom did to the stone might be seen as desecration? They might even have cleaned the diadem, explaining why it is intact.
kyomei93 chapter 25 . 8/14/2015
Oooooooohhhhhh...This will be will be very exciting to watch evolve. Hope to see more of your rather excellent if underappreciated work.

Loyal Fan
Guest chapter 5 . 8/14/2015
I'm aware you likely know this but...its "Prefect" Not "Perfect". I only mention it because it annoys me.

Nice story so far.
jdboss1 chapter 24 . 8/8/2015
woo Another holiday fight At this point she should be expecting it
At this point you have to question her paranoia yes she has the teleporting device but has never used it to date
or been given one for every one of her family members

Have the ability to detect if you are entering near an anti-teleport zone or to have your teleporting bracelet teleport
as soon as it detects anti-teleporting Shields activate and helpfully it can react quicker and fully functioning Shields
(in the story I was writing the shields take a few seconds of charge I can be detected before they become fully powered)
leaving you time to teleport away

I can remember reading was your female Harry upset of knowing the defence teacher dying even though everybody presumed it was the dark Lord
and not just some above-average powerful wizard even a personal internal thoughts I don't remember reading it even anti-climax
if after he died to the dark Lord you are just ignored as another defence teacher that died in the line of duty

Brilliant story is always keep up the brilliant work
241 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »