Reviews for 0800-Rent-A-Hero
Advent of Shadows chapter 21 . 4/9
This being the last chapter ever released really was a kick to the teeth. Things were looking to turn in a really exciting direction.
Advent of Shadows chapter 6 . 4/9
It's a shame this got abandoned. It was a good story, even if I think this version of Harry was pretty stupid in the early chapters. A lot of his decisions seemed to be grounded in just making the plot move rather than what he would have done with his character and motivations.
Ferretstump chapter 21 . 3/26
Great story. One of few where there is a real balance of power, not all one-sided in protagonists favour. HP was done wrong, but the other side has some good points and you feel for both parties. Characters seem true to their canon selves. Good job!
Molenir chapter 21 . 3/18
Such a great fanfic. Sadly never finished. 9 years on, and its still amazing.
FyreyesFan chapter 1 . 2/21
I know it's a long shot but this story is way too good to not add my voice to many others pleading you too return and finish this story. Hopefully you still get these reviews out there somewhere and complete this masterpiece. As I saw someone else mention, I too have read this story more than once despite knowing it hasn't been updated since 2015.

Absolutely love the divination as his main magic, such a creative and unique spin compared to pretty much want other fanfiction out there I've seen, and since I've been reading fanfiction on this site (sometimes under other monikers) for about 16 years, almost exclusively in either the Harry Potter or Naruto fandoms, I've read quite a few over the years.

Seriously, you have a gift, and I'm sad this one never made it to completion. If you're out there still, please consider seeing if the muse wants to take another crack at this great story!
Koldbones chapter 5 . 2/17
why does he not go to gringots? Get tested and claim one of his titles and vaults. problem solved about money and identity. he had more then just potter and black... making the whole thing too convoluted
Byakko no Akuba chapter 21 . 2/17
It will probably never happen. But I have reread this story to this point at least a dozen times. I hope one day for another chapter to come after.
ColdSprit117 chapter 14 . 2/1
You know,you really need to learn to write a good protagonist. Please try to write a good protagonist,where the story has more weightage rather than the feeling of the other words the protagonists don't run the story rather than the story runs the protagonist. Why not try learn more about well made protagonists, like geralt from the witcher franchise, or talion from shadow of mordor/war, luke skywalker from SW,ezio auditore from AC 2, protagonists who are actually more relatable, not sounds like a teenager's angry rant,hell even teenagers know, that when something is bigger than them. Again banishing the order and dumbledore will not get you anywhere,it just is bad writing and just removes any chance of good character growth, also by doing this by stomping on the character,nerfing them and then showing growth,just ruins the character altogether(example in naruto and sasuke in boruto). So next time before designing a protagonist,and bashing some well known charecters,just remember,it just ruins the reading and makes it look like hate mongering of the protagonist towards the cannon,which is very unpleasant to read.
that's why i am dropping this fic, i cannot read this anymore.
Re Lovely Lover chapter 1 . 1/27
This is fucked up and cruel. To go through all that bs and then finally when its all over he's snatched from those he cares for and loves. Throoughly tortued. Loses everything but the clothes on his back and is permanently disfigured all to help them.

There was no need to open this with tragedy like that.

As an added fuck you to him, unlike normal where the bone regrowing potion automatically regrows everything normally. Reconnecting to everything it needs to likely due to his own DNA.

The author decides to be an utter bastard and make it so somehow Pomfrey is supposed to be involved in something so insanely complex with attaching all those nerves and such which is utterly stupid. So has his face being completely altered and the bones regrown wrong as if she had to sculpt them herself on top of the disfigurement. So more forced cruelty that shouldn't even be a thing since the potion doesn't work that way.

Aside from the potion its well written but I hate this chapter and story setup.
LennyFaceSupplier chapter 1 . 1/25
httpsdiscord. gg/aCtqGer5
noylj chapter 17 . 1/23
For a really good story, I'm sorry you quit writing it
Lol well im done with this
Lol nah your not vey nice to him and write him like a complete bitch. His life is completley ruined and he is permanetley disfigured to the point of being hideous. What does he do? Go to the cops lmfao...
This has to be one of the best Harry Potter fanfics I’ve ever read. I’m absolutely obsessed and my heart broke when I saw the last update was in 2015. I understand that a lot of time has passed with a pandemic happening, but I am begging you to not abandon this story. I have no idea what point in life you’re in or if you’re still writing but please continue if you can. This story is a masterpiece and deserves to be finished. Regardless I will be waiting patiently and hoping to continue reading this one day.
noylj chapter 9 . 1/1
No wonder she makes bad choices-jumping into the tower after three meetings.
4,157 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »