Reviews for 0800-Rent-A-Hero
Ranma Youko chapter 3 . 10h
You know...I just finished reading 3 chapters (I'm new here...hum...hi!) and...kinda...he was with his godson on his arms and ALMOST got passed the time travel taht disfigured him and could have killed him...with his godson...and it is never mentioned...not even to the supposed parents that betrayed him to help the DumbAsADoor...
Machcia chapter 21 . 3/26
This is really, really good.
acherus01 chapter 3 . 3/21
Nope. Not going to read about a push-over Harry. I've read 2 chapters and i can already see where this is going.
hol chapter 6 . 3/19
Is it just me or does everyone seem to hate Harry?
timisnotmyname chapter 21 . 3/14
Loving this! I know it's been over a year but hopefully you have more in store sometime soon. If not, I wish you the best of luck in overcoming your writers block, lol. Looking forward to the next update!
Corwalch chapter 1 . 3/14
If I were Harry, I would punch Dumbles in the nose for stealing me from my home and family, which judging by the first part of the chapter he did do. Good beginning. Hope there will be Dumbles bashing galore.
guest chapter 21 . 3/14
Well, isn't that a fantastic little cliff-hanger? I do hope you find the motivation to return to your story soon, as it's really, really good.
guest chapter 18 . 3/14
This is an absolutely brilliant story - well told, with impeccable grammar, great characterization, and interesting plot twists. I particularly enjoy the way you have made divination into an interesting and useful art. Oh, and Tonks is awesome.

That said, this depiction of Harry is a bit problematic. I think you've painted yourself into a corner, narratively speaking. It's easy to see how you're going for a realistic, damaged Harry who is not all-powerful. That was a wise choice, and you've depicted a well-rounded character here.

The problem is that the previous chapters, and especially this one, have tipped the balance from Harry being a 'damaged-but-sympathetic' character into full-on 'this guy is an absolute asshole' territory. You realize he's being selfish, obviously, given his tarot readings, but it's increasingly clear that this Harry doesn't even see the people around him as people. They're just objects, or actors, in a strange play that he's enacted before. They're not real people. It's very hard to like or sympathize or want to read about a character with very little empathy, no matter 'damaged' he is by war.

I know he's done some things to help, but damn if he didn't do them grudgingly, and it's just hard to root for this guy. You've made him so stubborn that it's hard to see how he's ever going to realistically change and actually be a decent human being or have a happy ending.

Anyway, that criticism aside, every other aspect of this story is fantastic and I will continue to read and would gladly recommend it to others. You're a talented writer.
Just found this story today and read the whole thing! I love your take on divination and the interaction between Harry and Iris. Tonks finding out harry is Harry Potter is such a cliffhanger and I'm so intrigued by what might happen next. I know this story hasn't been updated since 2015, so you might not ever read this, but I've followed stories that suddenly update after 3 years so I am ever hopeful, and besides, you deserve to know someone thinks your writing is awesome even if you never update again. Good Job Brainthief! I hope you are having a day as good as you made mine:)
bluekitnaru chapter 21 . 3/12
please update I wanna know how Harry gets out of this one
Ending on a cliffie... That's kind of awkward.
(Seriously though, I enjoyed reading this and I don't think it's too late to finish it.)
World Theory chapter 6 . 3/11
Dobby is hilarious! And obviously must have learned more from his time with the Malfoys than I thought.
NamikazeBoy chapter 21 . 3/9
Please be alive
raging fire storm chapter 21 . 3/8
seriously? abandoning it on such a flipping cliffhanger? return to this please. it's awesome
HoldTightAndPretendItIsAPlan chapter 21 . 3/7
Just found this story and it's absolutely brilliant! Also, The chapter titles? Hilarious, especially when read in order. (Seriously, I woke up the cat laughing and got a mighty fierce glare for said laughter)
3,072 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »