Reviews for The King's Pet or The King
Dinah chapter 27 . 7/8
Ok but seriously? This and "Call Me Katto" are truly the best things to come out of the ATLA fandom. I will happily fight anyone to the death on that point haha. Every time I read them I am blown away by your writing and your commitment to these characters and how dimensional they are, whether their roles are big or small. I'm always finding something new to love! Thank you so much for blessing the fandom with your stories! I love them all, but this series is my favorite! Indulging in another marathon reread was exactly what I needed to brighten my spirits. Stories like these really keep me going and pick me up when life gets too hard. 3
overtherainbow chapter 27 . 6/30
My heart is literally racing so fast. I just finished this last chapter and... I don't even know what to say. This series is insanely addicting. I have fallen so hard in love with this universe you created. Even though the characters and themes are based on the show, it feels entirely original. You truly made it your own and I am just in awe at the world you've built and how real it feels. It's such exquisite writing; my heart is aching for this story. Thank you so much for sharing this world with us. I am so happy to have discovered your voice. 3
v0lchitsa chapter 27 . 6/20
I've just discovered you and finished alllll of your work. I'm addicted! You are an amazing writer and it astounds me how well you craft your stories to make them gut-wrenchingly goooood.
kakashisninjadogs chapter 27 . 6/17
So like several of your other followers, I spent a week binge reading "Call Me Katto" and this story together. I actually found you by searching for the completed zutara story with the most favorites! This has been an amazing journey. I hadn't read fanfiction in a while and this story sweep me up and wouldn't put me down. I'm really sad that there's still so much left to behold (because I've been reading long enough to understand that Authors have lives to live, aren't chained to a desk, and muses are elusive), but I'm so eager to see all that you still have to write come to fruition. I definitely admit to being frustrated with how long Katara has been captive, and how blind Zuko is to his father's madness, even beyond where he was in the original series, but there's so much potential here that I know when everything does come together, it will be completely worth it.

Highlights include that I had to stop reading to drive after reading about Sokka getting impaled and nearly had a heart attack, an extreme amount of blushing from the wonderfully written smut, and a lot of fist pumps for Toph. You've really written these characters true to how I've always pictured them (Aang is a bit cowardly but it fits because he still traveled alone for so lone). Azula's noticed still confuse me, but in a way, they always did. Every line from Toph and Sokka feel like cannon after I just finished binging the entire series.

These two stories feel like two seperate universes. I love how bad ass Katara was, and while it feels like a part of that has been lost, it's understandable after all she's been through. My deepest hope is that she finds a way to train after what I assume is her loss here, because during the original full moon rescue of Sokka, the imagery you conveyed was truly awe inspiring. The trust between her and Zuko once made my heart long, but now it aches painfully for what is a void I can't imagine can be filled. I adore this story with a deep piece of myself that fell in love with fanfiction 15 years ago, and while I assume there's still far too go, I'll wait and follow you for as long as you're willing to lead it.
darkestflare1 chapter 27 . 6/12
love your story so much! your pace in development is very realistic and believable. I just reread the stories, wanted to divulge into the very beginning .
LoneRedRover chapter 3 . 6/11
i am under the impression that Azula is jealous of Katara ugh it is soooo obvious
LoneRedRover chapter 2 . 6/11
oh Iroh plotting to save his nephew.. love that relationship the most
LoneRedRover chapter 1 . 6/11
this is great stuff!
Odeveca chapter 27 . 6/11
yes exactly I am so glad that there is hope and I truly hope that you continue to write this spellbinding story it is worth finishing honestly I haven't read something this intense in awhile, you know the character's voices, and I am so happy that you continue to hold true to them, well done and I will be waiting on the next chapter, no matter how long it takes :)
Odeveca chapter 26 . 6/11
I am sick of Ozai's sick fascination with saying loyal son...that word haunts me, I wonder what it does to Zuko, nevertheless love what you did in this chapter, glad that Sokka got delivered from the Boiling Rock I missed his snarky comments, and now that the big finale is coming I look forward to what you have in store for this story :)
Odeveca chapter 25 . 6/11
oh Ursa... why is she running away? Love to see where you go with this :)
Odeveca chapter 24 . 6/11
Zuko and Katara's relationship is changing... I wonder what else he will reveal to her
Odeveca chapter 23 . 6/11
Katara's honor... was never in question, I wonder if Zuko will see how her keeping that honor is only causing her more pain and heartache. That honor... isn't everything.
Odeveca chapter 22 . 6/11
oh no Sokka... this was such a sad ending
Odeveca chapter 21 . 6/11
oh Azula... of course she would be there, well done :) love the move and tone of this chapter, I love that you reveal bit by bit, it's like a screenplay honestly great job