Reviews for The King's Pet or The King
Beth chapter 26 . 1/11
Oh WOW, this chapter!
Excellent update and I was GLUED to my screen reading.
The way you described Sokka and just how much his body was failing, to Zuko and his wrestling with the war strategy... So hard to live with. I felt like I was right there with his inner struggle. Tough ending with Appa's injury/poisoning. HE BETTER MAKE IT THROUGH AND HEAL FAST!

Also, your Toph is my spirit animal. She's amazing.
Absolutely fantastic chapter! The tension in the war chamber was perfection.

"He would be patient. He would be the perfect prince. And by the time Katara went free, the war she returned to fight would never be the same."

I am so excited for where this incredible saga is building to!
nevertalk chapter 26 . 1/7
Awesome.
teacupdestiny chapter 26 . 1/5
Excellent chapter. I sincerely hope the next one finds Zuko escaping with katara and going on a road trip of redemption. Thanks for the awesome, as usual :)
InItToWinIT chapter 26 . 1/5
Ah! Amazing as usual! I felt so bad for Sokka. That was painful, how you described his hunger. And I loved Aang's part of how he saved them. Also, Zuko's part - I don't know if he accomplished what he needed to or not but it didn't seem like it...? Anyway, I hope that was a turning point for him to realize the presence of evil he's in.
Happy New Years to you! Hope to 'see' more of you this year!
25Carin chapter 26 . 1/5
Oh I love this fic so much and am so happy you continue to update. Yay! For sokka! I’m enjoyed reading the political part of this chapter and can’t wait to see what Zuko decides to do!
colourwhirled chapter 26 . 1/5
AAAND here it is, the update to make my day and start the year off on a high note..

that rescue sequence was nail-bitingly intense and certainly kept me on the edge of my seat at the points where i was sure they weren't going to make it out. BUT so much relief that they made it out by the skin of their teeth. looking forward to seeing what they accomplish next (while probably having to evade inevitable pursuit...ah)

and speaking of edge-of-seat tension, that war council was something else altogether! i LOVE the parallels between zuko's last meeting (where he spoke out and lost his honour) and this one, it was a really fantastic way to anchor his entire journey up until this point - what he's learned from his time away living among the rebels, his disillusionment with his father's tactics (& accompanying recognition that his rationale for ruthlessness is total BS), and more than one nod to his "regaining" of honour (both externally with ozai seemingly allowing him a place at his side during the invasion, and internally with the subtler resistance that zuko puts up while playing the part of cool, collected, perfect prince to everyone watching).

your writing is always so dense and descriptive and really has this wonderful ability to convey so much artfully, without being over-the-top or clunky. there was one part that really stood out to me ("He felt as if his feet had brushed the solid rock floor at the bottom of a deep pool of dark water through which he had been sinking for a long time. He felt a vague sense of the shape of some space within himself - a space he had been unsure of up until this moment") and i think i actually wheezed out loud when i read it, because it's taken a book and a half for him to reach this turning point and there it is, the quiet click of a guy hitting rock bottom and finding himself through turmoil that we saw in canon and it's just such a magnificent moment. a million kudos to you for that.

anxiously awaiting whatever comes next. ozai's plan is (as per usual) operatically terrifying and i imagine everyone's going to have their work cut out for them trying to stop it. good luck with the writing!
minhoseoki chapter 26 . 1/4
Hello!
Thank you for this chapter! I felt so excited when i saw the notification because this fanfic is amazing and i'm always thinking about it. This is my first time posting a review in this website so i'm sorry if i make any mistakes because english is not my first language. First of all, i'm so glad Sokka is safe and with team avatar, katara is going to be so happy when she'll know. And second, when ozai said "with my beloved son" i had goosebumps. I'm scared for zuko, because he's a vulnerable child and he's very confused, so i don't know what's going to happen but i trust him. You're making me suffer with this fanfic lmao but i love it. Thank you again for the chapter!
monkeybaby chapter 26 . 1/4
Awesome chapter!
Alia Rubrik chapter 26 . 1/4
Really good update. I'm so curious to see what's going to happen to Zuko regarding his father's plan. He can't go through with it, it's too against his character - but at what point will he realise it? Questions questions! Update soon!
Ozai... so rough...
DeannaBear chapter 26 . 1/4
I love this story... But when is Zuko my boi going to learn that he doesn't need his daddys love... And where is katara in all this?
TheChocolateCinnaminion chapter 25 . 1/4
I have loved every moment of this series so far, and I just wanted to leave a review saying that you're writing style is fabulous. In one of your author's notes you mentioned how you had given advice to "show-not-tell", and you have most certainly taken it to heart. Your story is threaded with undeniable feeling that leaves the reader enraptured. It is phenomenal, and all I can say is never stop writing!
Anxiously awaiting an update,
~A new fan
Lakitalover chapter 24 . 12/25/2017
This whole series has been great, but the drama in this chapter was particularly riveting.
Alia Rubrik chapter 25 . 12/6/2017
It's been so long since I started reading this story I had to go back and re read Call Me Katto and then re read all of this. I'm really glad I did though - your writing is wonderful to read, and your metaphors and similes are so subtle and pretty, it makes me really envious.
Either way, this is a fantastic sequel so far to Call me Katto, and honestly the only part I don't like about it is also one of my favourite parts: how slowly and carefully you're developing your plot. Because on the one hand, I love it when authors approach their stories realistically and stay true to the characters (and you have the characters absolutely nailed - to the point where half the time I read their lines in their voices), and on the other hand I really just want Zuko and Katara to kiss and make up already haha. I'm genuinely curious as to how you're going to do it, and each chapter had me thinking "Will this be it!?" like some overly-excited fangirl, but hey, I guess that's just a reflection of your skills as a writer. I'm glad they're starting to gain common ground, though I will admit it has been frustrating that it took 24-25 chapters for that to happen, but I'm also impatient as hell, so that's on me. I love all of your little side plots and how you're able to weave it all together so well. All in all, these are great stories, and I'm so glad that I happened to stumble upon them all that time ago :)
- Alia