Reviews for Chuck Versus The Crosswalk
CraigBes007 chapter 1 . 2/25
Great story, thanks
Raycd chapter 1 . 2/11
I know what you mean about the words just keep coming... sometimes the damn characters and the story take on a life of their own. They just want to keep going and going... sometimes for the better, as here. Good job.
j.santacruz98 chapter 1 . 1/21
I really enjoyed it I hope you continue writing
resaw chapter 1 . 3/7/2016
After having you on my radar for quite a while, I've finally started. For a first effort, this is great stuff. I like the little Canadianisms in there. Well, you explained CSIS for the benefit of the uninformed, but Orland Kurtenbach! That's reaching way back to the earliest days of the Canucks. And why not. It's a great name.

Of course, as one who has discovered the hopeless romantic within himself, thanks to Chuck, reading of Sarah's determination to end the ambiguities and allow herself an honest-to-goodness real relationship with a truly good person, Chuck, is just about the best thing I could possibly read. Your exploration of what's going on inside Sarah's and Chuck's minds is very well done, in my view.

Hmm, certain things just capture one's attention, I guess: Earlier, Sarah had fretted somewhat over her spy role of basically being a distraction in her red bikini, and then at the time of the actual mission, when Chuck is evidently upset enough about this obligation on her part to let it show on his face, she says, "I'm OK with this." To me, that was just about as loving an exchange as one might imagine.

I'm making comments as I read. I'm going to guess that the fork is a reference to canon when Chuck suggests that Sarah may be dispatched to Paraguay to "quell a revolution with a fork."

Carina! Hah!

A rather hot kiss! Applause-worthy, indeed! And a great conversation that follows, too.

It's like this chapter is written as wish-fulfilment for all those who were frustrated by the will-they/won't-they issues in canon.

"we've just had one [of] the most important discussions of our lives together...": Less significant for me than their location on the sidewalk is the lifelong significance of this discussion. It's almost like she's telling Chuck that she fully expects to get married to him.

Well done to get the issue of her name out of the way. I like the way you handle it and the context in which you put it that Sarah remains Sarah in their relationship.

Classic Casey. Quietly supportive of Sarah and Chuck finding their way to each other. Another well done scene.

And a great scene with Beckman "blessing" Sarah and Chuck's relationship.

In one long one-shot, you've fulfilled the hopes and dreams of all fans of Chuck! Thanks for a great story. This was a wonderful read.
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 3/1/2016
Great story! Thank you.
phathead01 chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Fantastic. I look forward to you evolving your story lines into multiple chapters, should you choose to do so. Well written, fun and very engaging.
Thanks for writing
n7agentbartowski chapter 1 . 11/2/2015
Such a beautiful one shot. You had a strong feel for both Sarah and Chuck and their internal monologues. The little missiin you set up was fun and seemed like it would fit right in the show.
I loved this! Can't wait to read the sequel to this.
tw200 chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
P
michaelfmx chapter 1 . 10/7/2015
Such a great story, especially for a first time story. I can easily imagine this type of scenario playing out somewhere in season 2. It would have been fun to watch.

What I found particularly refreshing was the way you kept switching between Chuck's and Sarah's points of view as they observed and thought about the same things, both showing their indecision about finally taking that next step.

The 'piece de resistance' was the scene at the crosswalk. I really felt their emotions there, especially Sarah's thoughts about being man-handled and then her response to Chuck's kiss. You show a side of Chuck that I would have loved to have seen during season 2. Willing to put his foot down, despite his almost crippling apprehensions.

Well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
Okay, based on this fine piece of work and on Grayroc's gems, I've figured it out: We need more Canadians on this site.
Nomadic Nerd chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
Really like this! I agree with you that government agents only take seduction to a certain point. Too dangerous for them to be in such a vulnerable situation.

Great romantic story! I like the insight into Sarah's past and her thoughts about Chuck.

Thanks for sharing!
Mufc87 chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
Wow what a great story, only noticed it after you posted your new one. Sarah's struggles on commiting to chuck, then overcoming her fears was well written, as well as her decision to trust chuck. Superb story look forward to more.
etcmmcpo chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
A truly uplifting story.
Jbear1974 chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
This story was awesome. I read it twice just to ensure because it made me happy inside. I really enjoyed your writing of Chuck's and Sarah's point of view meshing. I feel that this was a great CHARAH moment. Keep up the good work.
stars90 chapter 1 . 4/17/2015
Excellent work! Absolutely fantastic! If only CSIS had ever given them a message on the show...