Reviews for Unspoken Words
GillianLSteele chapter 1 . 6/4/2017
Ive recently become a fan of Broadchurch and I love it and I love this story. Would lile to have seen it fleshed out a little more and developed a little more. But its still a great read
Kexy Kewl chapter 1 . 8/4/2015
I liked this fic a lot. Very good work at capturing their voices, and a great blend of humour/angst and friendship/loneliness. Like you said, it's about their friendship but its open enough to be viewed as a ship fic by those romantic hearts out there! I can totally imagine this scene in the actual episode.
mykelara chapter 1 . 4/11/2015
I really liked it. I can totally hear them talk. Nice balance between humor and serious things.

Liked that at some point each of them is summarizing what happened to them. They both recognize that they are vulnerable and broken, but that maybe they have each other. Good bit about Ellie thinking that she might be the stronger one of them.

Loved the bit about the job being taken, so funny, but so them... also "He has the emotional grace of a rock." - great line.

Oh and then there is this image Hardy's "miserable eyes" begging Ellie to help him... and here goes the DT groupie in me and swoons a little...

Thanks for a lovely story. Excellent work.
linusfan13 chapter 1 . 4/9/2015
One of the things I love about this show is the friendship that has developed between Alec and Ellie and you have managed to capture that beautifully. And their banter was brilliant!
Ttenn chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
Loved it hope you continue!
Sorsha711 chapter 1 . 4/7/2015
I really enjoyed this. You nailed their personalities and the conversation seemed real, not contrived.