Reviews for The Return To Life
PeasantWithAKeyboard chapter 31 . 2/5
Overall I liked your story. The comedy was good and the arches were nice HOWEVER your dialogue needs some work. It was clunky at times and a bit exposition heavy. Also, let's talk about satisfying endings. A good ending wraps things up and ends the story properly. Sad endings are fine. Sometimes they are perfect , especially with the theme of passing a torch. Yours felt, IMO, like a cliffhanger and an imperfect one unfortunately. The reincarnation and start over thing is frustrating as a reader because , despite our time investment, we don't see the real end. Essentially, it's like watching the Lord of the Rings only for someone to hit the rewind button before battle and take the movie away. Again, good story. You just need to work on dialogue and endings
Dragon King Rouga chapter 31 . 1/14
You were right I did need tissues for this chapter
Jakezero chapter 31 . 1/12
I will admit I did not expect that, I did have a feeling this would involve Corrin somehow. It has certainly been an crazy journey my friend. I'm looking forward to your next story, until next time.
Blakithleo chapter 31 . 1/5
Lololololol...

Ok.
Well...
BlitzRick3 chapter 1 . 1/5
(sorry for not reviewing earlier chapters, kinda had a problem).
But wow, it's finally over. Can't say this was bad, quite the contrary. This was amazing.
From the Lucina-ultra-super slap, to the crazy shannenigans Robin got himself to, and the Priam Arc.
This was really good, and I can't wait to read the sequel.
A Pokemon Tactician chapter 31 . 1/5
Overall I have to say that I enjoyed reading the story you've made. This particular ending was definitely a tough one to get through and it wasn't just because of the emotional first half. My biggest gripe about this chapter was how Robin just abandoned everyone who supported him and helped shape what kind of person he'd become. This is especially alarming as he went as far as to leave both sets of twins behind. You explain some of the rationale going on in his head and use the following as support, "It was all Robin could do not to just cast a dark spell on himself to end the pain. The only thing that would keep him going was the thought that he had to live for Lucina. Someday, he may get better, and if he did, he would start to live as his wife would want him to."
However, I see a glaring issue: this isn't how the Robin that we've been shown in this story should've acted, at least not entirely. First, the way that he says this conveys the idea that he's given up all hope of getting himself out of his depression. The use of the words of "someday, may, if, would," relay the idea of taking a passive stance on the issse. He doesn't say that he WILL get over this and correct his behavior and seek a way to fix the damage caused by his decision to leave. The fact that he's shown to have also resorted to alcohol and solitude further shows how he isn't making any progress in tipping things back into his favor.
I can understand if he still acted this way and then corrected himself accordingly after an amount of time. What I can't quite understand is why 5 years had passed with him doing nothing about it. He tells himself that he's keeping himeself alive for Lucina's sake but if he's just going to spend the rest of his life (that is if it weren't for the opportunity that faced him at the end of the chapter) neglecting his family and wallowing in self pity then there's honestly no point in not casting that dark spell on himself.
As a whole I feel that based on what he's gone through in TRTL, Robin would've realized that he wasn't the only one in pain at the time and could have realized sooner that by leaving his children now have neither a mother but now not a father to look over them and guide them. I'd like to know more about your own reasons for having this end up the way it did. My best guess would be that it was simply a device to set of the plot for the next tale but I could be wrong.
Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to reading what you have in store next. I'm very interested seeing as how you've developed the origins for it thus far. Once again, fantastic job on what you've accomplished so far. Thanks for your contribution!
Greyjedi449t chapter 31 . 1/5
This was so tragic, dude why?
I felt heartbroken, when Lucina died, and then you made Robin leave Megan and Marth, so he could be reincarnated as Corrin. Well done from me, but still, why (rhetorical)?

Looking forward to the next story :D
Now that this story is complete, i can finally read it !
I can't wait !
Elasmotherium chapter 29 . 8/15/2016
Huzzah, the exalt twins emerge victoriously! And ther recruited a powerful new ally to boot!

Overall a very nice arc, my only criticism is that the OCs make it more difficult to keep track of the full cast, and a little harder to a gage in the story. But that just my personal opinion. I would still advise not adding too many.

I'm guessing the subplot with the imposter is a hook to your next story? I can't wait to see it come to fruition!

Btw, I noticed you haven't updated beginning of l9fe for a while. Did you abandon that story? I was looking forward to mroe, but if you've decided to cancel it I understand.
Cloudy Luminosity chapter 8 . 7/29/2016
Haha, that was so funny and adorable! I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this story-ironically right after starting a Robin/Lucina run to see how that one scene went. I haven't been able to put this story down. You capture the essence of the characters so well, and it's nice to see Lucina in this happy present. Even characters only in a scene or two, like Vaike, Virion, and Gaius, really felt like they did in the games, and it brought a smile to my face to see these cameos. I also like your characterization of Robin. He's consistent in how you write him, and his love for his wife and daughter are just precious to read. Also, female Morgan is my absolute favorite character in this whole damn game, and you write her perfectly. I get so excited whenever she's in a scene.

Speaking of which, I absolutely love that last flashback when she first ran into the Shepards. It's nice that you kept true to the fuzzy memory, but I really like that you let her remember her whole family. (I know it wasn't really realistic to include in the games since Robin can marry anyone of the opposite gender, but I wish it could have been there.) Chrom's reactions to Robin and Lucina's relationship is so funny, and I could definitely see him being overly protective of Lucina, especially in the beginning since he has the odd situation of knowing his newborn baby as a young woman now. It must have been very jarring for him to see, especially with his own best friend.

Going back to Morgan, I love how differently each of those four characters reacted to her recognizing them as parents and grandparents. She's just as enthusiastic as ever, and each of their reactions really showed their personalities.

Hopefully Robin won't get too beat up when they reveal the news to Chrom, though I'm sure Sumia will come to her son-in-law's aid quickly. Anyway, I'm going to continue reading. I just couldn't wait to review after that last flashback. Wonderful story, and I'm looking forward to the rest of it :)
Jakezero chapter 29 . 7/20/2016
Interesting, you may have just completely destroyed my suspicion for the Fire Emblem thief. That just begs the question who would steal the Fire Emblem and return it? Unless the Fire Emblem, the Jewels on, or both the Jewels and The Fire Emblem are fake. Also good for Morgan on defeating Priam.
leawright chapter 29 . 7/18/2016
So the battle end, yay! For morgan
and the whole Fe being stole and returned, WTF ? And i disagree, Robin woukd be way better leader than Chrom
Jakezero chapter 28 . 6/21/2016
Ok, first of all good chapter, second of all the person who stole the Fire Emblem better not be who I think it is... If it is, well things might get bad... Anyways things aren't looking too good for Morgan or anyone for that matter, things are gonna get really nasty, really fast, I know it.
renteriajose16 chapter 28 . 6/20/2016
"Now Felicia" wait wut. Felicia? from Fire Emblem Fates or...
leawright chapter 28 . 6/20/2016
Well, well, the fire emblem stolen and Morgan got badly damaged, why do I feel that time travel is about to take an important role here ? Look forward to see what you got