Reviews for Sideways
stockman chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
JerichoSteele - you had me at S.S. Beckett ;-)

This is the kind of realistic scenario that Marlowe and the rest of his pathetic writer clones would never have had the cojones to present to the rabin fans of the series.

One again, someone has created such a better Castle than the weak willed character as seen on canon.

I always grab a barf bag when some fan says Beckett's I Just Want You is really their special code for ILU !

Glad that Rick sees it's not. It's just the same old words been used time and time again by her with other men that she was in a relationship with for a decent period of time.

That scene in canon where he humbled himself before Beckett, begged her, pleaded with her to choose Life over Death, to finally lay her mother to rest, to see him as more, was so powerful, and she dismissed his tortured speech with such contempt. Don't think anyone can forgive that.

CharleyCarey - I'm still watching but don't really have the passion anymore for the show. I think that I have seen the Light and that fanfic, well written and presented, is like fine dining while the tv series is now just the equivalent of fast food. I can't even find inside myself any interest in whether the show continues to Season 8 or is cancelled.

JS - am hoping that you continue this with Rick holding on to his anger and despair, gently taking Beckett by her arm and evicting her from his home. If people want happy endings, they can go to a massage parlor !
BigKahuna chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Ok, so we're in agreement. It started with "A Deadly Game" but certainly "Rise" or"Always" or "Watershed" should have been the end of the Dynamic Duo. Never could understand what Marlowe & Company did with those episodes, any realistic version of those would have had Rick slamming the door in Beckett's face before she had gotten a word out. And to see other writers fall right into that fallacy that the canon writers slapped together to end the joke those story-lines were becoming is just laughable. I'm sure that they sit back with great belly-laughs as they read through some of these stories.

I guess when FanFic writers believe the standard Hollywood drivel and don't have the creative juices to put something believable together, you're stuck marching down that same fantasy lane. I have to admit that most of these stories are rated "Angst" but in truth they're somewhere between scifi and pure comedy.

So I'm really looking forward to see where you will take this. Only time away from each other would allow them both to put things into perspective. Which is the only answer for why canon writers ALWAYS slapped a solution together in the last couple of minutes, they didn't have months to correct the betrayals done to Rick nor Beckett thanks to their glorious writing. To tell the truth, if it wasn't for Nathan and Stana's chemistry this show would have tanked in the second season.
coyotepup4 chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Dude...you stole my title.

Just kidding. People come up with the same titles around here all the time. ;-)

I think you did a pretty good job writing. Honestly, the premise is not for me, but that's just personal inclinations.

Still, an excellent job of story telling.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
wow, even if you're new to the Castle FF, the story is very nice indeed. You're going to continue it or was it just a one shot?
temple01uk chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Please continue, I doubt it could end there...perhaps the show would have been better served with a few more scenes like this.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Go on. Always for me never mattered due to Watershed when Beckett talks about how she wants the job and she ok with losing Castle. This story covers what I always through funny is that I only want you until a year later when a job offer comes up. Then I WANT THAT. My little rant but please keep going. No slutty Beckett tho.
annon chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Please stop.
craspon chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Congratulations, you've made a good start on re-imagining one of the worst moments of the show (only Watershed beats it in my opinion). It was extremely unsatisfying on the show, and it's always nice to see a more realistic take. I'm not averse to the two of them getting together, but on the show he was such a pushover whet she was concerned. She abused his emotions terribly and should have been called on it more than once.

It could be left here (in which case the rest of the series doesn't happen), but I'd like to see more. I believe Kate really did love him, but had no ability to express or show it. Pretty much everything she did on the show relative to Castle was wrong. I think you've portrayed a more realistic reaction by him. I especially like his bringing in her past boyfriends and his problem with the word 'want'. I'm interested to see what she can do to break through that (if anything).

Please continue.
Guest chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
I love it! You should definitely continue it.
2.0Always47 chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Crying oceans :( omg, you can't leave it here. hope you'll give them a happy ending update soon please :)
Theresa471 chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Dear Jerichosteele

Greetings!How are you doing overall?I am find for this rainy day in New York.

I wanted to write this quick note to let you know I just finished your story"Sideways" that was placed in the fanfiction archive..."wow"My all time favorite epsiode "Always" is the best besides the two parter Resurrection/Reckoning...

I just loved it a great deal...Keep up the great job of writing even though for a first time...

How do you like so far the seventh seven of Castle?I can't wait for the abduction episode for Castle...I have already seen the promotional photos from that episode...Looks like Henry Jenkins is killed by someone...

Take care,

Theresa Delicot
The Muse of Apollo chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
The question is where do they go now in your story. Rick has been so forceful in his rejection that it is going to be hard for them to get together without time and space. Like Kate said in the story, just the words 'I love you' aren't going to cut it.

Very well written. Great job!
debra.leon.10 chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
Its an interesting take on Always. I can't wait to see how you continue on.
CharleyCarey chapter 1 . 4/8/2015
I might actually still watch the show if that's how that scene went.
anonymous chapter 1 . 4/8/2015