Reviews for Sideways
CharacterDriven chapter 3 . 2/1/2016
I am brand-new to reading this story and am happy to take it on its own terms. It think it's VERY well-written and a very plausible alternative to what happened at the end of Season 4.

Stories take on a life of their own. Often characters surprise me, I'll hear their voice in my head or see them doing something I never would have expected, but it FITS a story that demands to be told. You write their dialog really well.

I'm not sure I can imagine Castle forgiving Kate's slapping him. That will be interesting.

btw, if you've never seen Firefly, you should. You'd love it.
CharacterDriven chapter 2 . 2/1/2016
Well, I feel like I've been slapped, so yeah. Whew.
CharacterDriven chapter 1 . 2/1/2016
Oh, my god. This is PERFECT. Really beautiful. It always really bothered me that even after all they'd been through, she couldn't bring herself to say the words when he most needed to hear them. WELL DONE.
cass21 chapter 6 . 1/2/2016
This was an awesome story and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think your alternate scenario is much more realistic, i.e., Rick's reaction triggered by Kate's use of "want" instead of "love". I appreciate your very capable exploration. You had an impressive and thought-provoking way of describing what both Rick and Kate were thinking and feeling. I just loved the way you wrote it! I posted a review of the chapter with Rick's perspective and how wonderfully written it was - I actually re-read it immediately because it was so powerful. Also your explanation of real, true love was beautiful. Thank you...thank you...thank you...and I hope you continue to write because this was easily one of the best stories about the S4 ending.
Guest chapter 4 . 1/2/2016
This was THE BEST chapter/explanation about Rick's feelings that I have ever read! I am just floored by how fantastic and insightful this is. You captured everything that he was thinking and feeling and expressed it poignantly and truthfully. I think I am partial to your viewpoint because I felt equally unfulfilled by the way that Kate's many lies and hurtful behavior (no matter the underlying psychological aspect) was depicted on the show. I love Caskett and am a die hard shipper, but he forgave her time and again because of his loving nature, and the quick overturn at the end of S4 was a little upsetting. So, thank you for the alternate take and again, I LOVE IT!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/1/2016
wow...just discovered this story, and I love this approach.
CastellumKeep chapter 7 . 12/5/2015
I’ll say right up front I am a uncompromising Caskett fan. In my 68 years I can’t remember enjoying a TV show more for its entertainment factor and cast. OK - season 8 isn’t going as we would wish, but I will continue to watch where the story goes. I’ve watched from day one, rewatch all the reruns and have all the season cassettes.

With that said, I had downloaded the “Sideways” URL to my email from the fan fiction site on November 5th and just got around to reading it since I didn’t have any of my “favorite authors” stories in my inbox.

Reading the first chapter I wasn’t sure I wanted to continue reading the story, but something compelled me to continue and after chapter 2 I was hooked and read the entire story in two nights (my bedtime reading). It was the realization of what held me to continue reading . . . . it was your AMAZING writing/storytelling and I am so glad I didn’t stop.

I’m adding you to my “favorite authors” list so please . . . continue writing.
jennifer
Madelynn one chapter 7 . 11/18/2015
Thanks for writing this.
Perspex13 chapter 7 . 11/17/2015
Fantastic addition - I really enjoyed the conversation between them. Beckett will need to be careful to rebuild her relationship with Alexis as well as Rick, but she seems to understand that. I bet the conversation between Castle and Alexis about her conversation with Beckett could be interesting, too!

Thanks for coming back to this and adding the story. Now, I'll have to read it from the beginning to see how the overall story reads. Thanks!
Hoosier65 chapter 7 . 11/17/2015
interesting read. not really a Castle fan but this is well done. May have to check it out on demand.
By the way, I felt like the episode last night was another in the dump Deeks and leave that seems to prevail. Honestly not sure many guys would last this long-not working on relationship with Kensi but taking the crap and the way they treat him. One man's opinion. Just curious if I'm out to lunch. Take care.
SeannysMom chapter 6 . 11/10/2015
Excellent and beautiful story ! Thank you
Guest chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
Wonderful story! I read the whole thing this morning. I really like how it played out. Great job!
Janine chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Great story!
Guest chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Well done!
Shutterbug5269 chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
Not every story ends with hearts and flowers.
270 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »