Reviews for Sideways
madcrafter72 chapter 6 . 11/6/2015
Yes i think this is a good ending. Thanks for sharing your story
stars90 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
You did great. I'm really glad you stuck with this story. You built something to be proud of.
Aalon chapter 5 . 11/5/2015
Hands-down the best description, the best explanation of Corinthians 13 I have ever heard or read. Huge huge kudos.

So glad you picked this back up!
Perspex13 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Thanks JS, for bringing this story to a conclusion. I'd liked the end - painful, but still optimistic. It provides the opportunity for a Caskett ending that is based on a more mature and balanced understanding between the two of them.

I especially liked envisioning the scene between Beckett and Alexis. That would've been just as necessary as the conversation with Castle if they were going to have the possibility to move forward together. Beyond the concept, I also thought the writing in this section was especially strong, almost poetic.

As I've mentioned before, I'm really glad you returned to this story and brought it home. Thanks for a fantastic read!
craspon chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
I thought it was a good ending. I too was unhappy with the season 4 finale, I thought Beckett got off much too easily for the way she had treated Castle. While I wouldn't have thought to focus on her wording - 'I just want you' - it was a good catch on your part and logical for Castle to pick up on. I like that the end to your story was open but hopeful.
CWT chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
I'll be honest, not a huge fan of the ending. The chapter was pretty good up until the "You mean, like a 'do-over'?" where it felt like a different story than the one you were writing. I guess it just felt like you were rushing to the end so you made it way more 'clean' then it should have been?

Anyway I won't go into depth, good story overall. Thanks for finishing it.
ms simmons chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Wow. I love happy endings with the sun shines and rainbows. But, this story felt like real life and that's what this site needs
3rdfah chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
An excellent examination of the obsessive in our fictioal Kate. It's especially apropos given the new downward spiral poor Kate has put herself in.
ironman7110 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Excellent work! I enjoyed it very much.
Madelynn one chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
This was a really good story. I like your writing style. Thanks for writing. Nice touch-Boondocks Saints. Have a great day
DX2012 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
Truth is I had to go back a couple of chapters to get into the mood of the story (again).
I enjoyed your take on the events around Always, and though it was one of my favourite episodes, I liked your version too, mostly because of the way you portrayed Castle. Beckett had a lot to repent about and I am glad she made the first step towards "them".
debra.leon.10 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
I liked it Thank you for finishing this story.
CaskettFan5 chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
I was hoping for more. For example, the talk with Alexis would have been great to read through but on the other hand, it would be hard to write and I wouldn't be eager to tackle that myself. Also, I wished I could hear more of how they move forward. You've given them a good base to start with though. If they keep their promises, they'll make it.
BigKahuna chapter 6 . 11/5/2015
This was a nice ending. Rick doesn't come off looking weak-kneed, once again taking the little Beckett is willing to give him nor does Beckett look like she's taking advantage of Rick. Seems kinda fitting. Hafta say that where canon is right now, probably wouldn't have minded the slutty neighbor divorcee standing behind Rick when he opens the door for Beckett, "Gee Becks she is just here to help me setup the canasta table", but I along with most others generally prefer a Caskett ending, whether happy or at least hopeful for the future.
gloriajv chapter 5 . 10/5/2015
Whoa. . . . .awesome job on this one. I could see it playing out just like that. .
My late husband always said he was a Marine, even though his active service ended after the fall of Saigon. Only one thing left to say. . .
Semper Fi.