Reviews for Significant Digits
ZhaWarudo chapter 58 . 9/24
It's an okay fic but honestly it's disappointing for what it hinted for. First of, flashbacks were annoying and I didn't read most of them since they are irrelevant to the story, same as the Plato's and others quotes.
I expected more sci-fi out of this, I mean any sci-fi... you finished the fiction basically like this : they decided to make the big reveal and Harry decided to build a spaceship and go to the center of the galaxy, the end.
I was like WTF, I was looking forward to that, about people's reactions, politics in the merge of the 2 worlds, technology advancement, aliens!
Also writting Harry Potter Evans Verres every time is annoying, and it doesn't fit, I mean...it sounds bad.
wait you've been throwing around random Latin in these snippets, you _knew_ that

okay I'm just going to glare at you now. ಠ_ಠ
"Bellatrixen"

Should be 'Bellatrices'.
I understand and even appreciate the point you're making here — but you can have my inappropriate Monty Python references when you pry them from my cold, dead parrot.
WindowSeats chapter 43 . 2/4
Excellent story and continuation. You kept most of the same themes and at times I barely noticed the switch in voice from HPMOR. You caused me to think and to research, which is a great accomplishment for any writer. Thank you for writing this.
Brickman chapter 58 . 1/28
This was a really great story from start to end, and I'm glad that I read it. Thanks!
Guest chapter 57 . 8/10/2017
Most epic finale. epiiiiiiiiic.
Well done sir
whydidireadthis chapter 58 . 7/13/2017
It's impossible for me to express the depth of my disappointment with this series. The only consolation I have is that it was not actually written by Eliezer Yudkowsky, and is therefore not canon. I'll try to list some of the complaints I have below...although by now I've forgotten many of the ones I had at the beginning of the story.
1. Harry Bystander. Harry is barely even a secondary character in this story. All the changes made to his character by EY were lost; the quick wit, unerring logic, the intelligence, and skill. In here we get to see a pitiful shadow, neutered and locked in a tower, and stunted in magical growth. I remember when He could easily beat Hermione in a duel, and now suddenly he is a physically helpless weakling. we don't even get to see his planning or battlefield command. "he's not a duelist" says Hermione. Except that he stunned moody when he was 11.
2. Hermione Granger, the marry-sue-who-was-super-special-because-reasons. As if she was not already enough of an insufferable goody-two-shoes, EY had to go and make her an immortal "sparkly unicorn princess" fine. but then you make her an unstoppable fighter, give her all 3 Hallows, have her save the day 12 dozen times, gave her a Phoenix (thankfully you killed it off), and basically just make the entire show about her. Which only highlights how all the problems I had with Harry in this series.
3. Merlin is bad, Umbridge is good. enough said I think. next, you'll be telling us that Dumbledor was evil as well.
4. Harry was never defeated by Bellatrix. He never even fought her. she tortured him a little. that's all. And somehow there's a bunch of gymnastics (much like in the original HP universe) that result in Hermione conveniently being the master of the Eldar Wand. If simply hurting the owner is enough to change allegiance why does the wand not now belong to whichever of the Weasleys fired the rocket launcher at her?
5. HAA! GAAAAAY! I'm convinced the author is a fag hag (or possibly gay.). By the end of the story, I was honestly surprised that Hermione wasn't together with some random female character and Draco and Harry weren't an item. There was not a single new straight relationship revealed or discussed. Now, that's not a problem, if your narrative is ignoring relationships in general. But the narrative very deliberately dwells on several gay relationships, and while I was fine with the first couple (5% or so of ppl are gay, why shouldn't there be a few gay couples?) after a while they started to jar me out of my imersion.
Ok so that's it that I can remember for my nitpicking. Things I liked:
1. Nevill annihilating Bellatrix
2. Most of the fight scenes in general
3. Some of the Magic-Science hybrids were quite interesting
So now maybe you are thinking "why the fuck are you complaining? if you don't like it don't read it" and herein lies the crux of the issue: I don't quit. I actually cannot stop reading a book once I start. It's an issue, and I usually take great care to only read when I have time (i forget about eating and sleep) and when I find books worth reading. Which is why I'm so disappointed! all the comments and reviews were amazing, and I had no warning about what a shitshow I was actually entering until it was too late. which is the main reason why I'm taking this time to write a very long, very ranty, negative comment.
sorry for the long post.
PlannedObsolescence chapter 16 . 7/11/2017
Reading this for the second time, and seeing I didn't leave a review the first time. I can only assume that was because I had no words to do it justice, and I guess I still don't. Just, to repeatedly evoke frisson and tears in turn... writing like this is why I read.

Also, this is the scene I've craved ever since Harry dismissed his Phoenix in HPMoR, and I'm so glad we got it.
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 58 . 2/28/2017
This is an incredible story and a beautiful and captivating continuation to HMOR,only even betterin parts, because it touches on all the implications the changes HJPEV is starting there are thought through totheir end and touched upon,here. And the action is great. And the ending, oh the ending! I love this fic and found it a very, very satisfying read. Thank you for writing and sharing!
KidWinTinker chapter 16 . 1/14/2017
Sorry to come off as a bit ignorant... Could someone tell me the Adams being referred to?
"She'd read her Asimov, Heinlein, Vonnegut, Adams..."
Guest chapter 15 . 12/23/2016
*thumbs up for the last line*
KidWinTinker chapter 15 . 12/23/2016
*thumbs up for the last line*

...And the last reference to him as the Tower
KidWinTinker chapter 2 . 11/21/2016
Brilliant.

This is the right way to worry about stuff. Everybody should worry like this when they worry.
ardvarkeating101 chapter 58 . 11/16/2016