Reviews for Soldier B
Antonia Caenis chapter 12 . 7/12/2015
It wasn't lacklustre, it was perfectly in keeping with the story and with real life. Completion of a sort - or as far as one can get, anyway - along with some sort of hope for the future but no real idea of what it might actually be. Sad to see this excellent story come to an end and seriously hope that another idea springs into your mind at some point in the not too distant future as you're one of the exceptional writers on the site and we can always do with more of your work! Just in case this is it I'll say thank you so much for all your work and wonderful stories, you've been an inspiration
Guest chapter 12 . 7/12/2015
Sorry I haven't reviews each chapter but I've been a keen reader of this story. I hope you keep writing
Batteredpen chapter 12 . 7/12/2015
Actually I liked the ending with the sense of being able to move on after Will and Harry had been haunted for years by the events in Belfast. Closure but not by forgetting - nor has any one really changed as illustrated by Harry's still awful timing.
transmissionends64 chapter 12 . 7/11/2015
I disagree about it being a lack lustre ending, I thought it was wonderful. So glad Harry and Ruth are back on an even keel and that Will finally has some answers. Thoroughly enjoyed this fic and I really hope inspiration strikes at some point in the not too distant future.
Sparky75 chapter 12 . 7/11/2015
A brilliant end to a brilliant story. Loved Harry's idea of appropriate pillow talk as well as the idea that he really has got rid of the albatross around his neck and can now hopefully think of Bill without the same feelings of guilt. It looks like Catherine and Will are getting on rather well as well. Great place to leave this, but I really hope further inspiration strikes at some stage (when you've had a well deserved rest from Spooks writing perhaps) as I love your writing and the mix of professional and personal plots you come up with. Thanks very much for writing and sharing this with us!
r4ven3 chapter 12 . 7/11/2015
"So many leaves on an autumn breeze." I really love those simply, but concise images you use. No more words are necessary.
This was the perfect ending to this fic. Harry's dreadful timing - again! - as well as his admission that Bill's loss has left an unfillable hole in his life. I loved the gentle, open-ended ending. I thought it perfect in every way.
NatesDate chapter 12 . 7/11/2015
I think the ending was just right. Will had learned what he needed to know and Harry was able to lift that weight from his life. I hope we'll see you back soon!
Guest chapter 12 . 7/11/2015
Loved the epilogue and I do hope you are inspired again in the future.
Antonia Caenis chapter 11 . 7/1/2015
How very lovely, in a stark and chilly way. I'm glad that you let them do what needed to be done efficiently and without interference, so both characters can get some catharsis and move on with their lives. Your stories are always so well thought out and beautifully put together, with never a step out of place. wonderful work.
Sparky75 chapter 11 . 6/29/2015
Brilliant once again, loved the touches of Harry's gloves and NI enjoying their one day of summer as much as England! You really ratcheted up the tension during the warehouse meeting and once again, I could picture it perfectly in my head. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this and am a little gutted that there's only the epilogue left... however I am looking forward to that!
transmissionends64 chapter 11 . 6/29/2015
Excellent chapter once again. I laughed at the line 'Summer was their favourite day of the year'. As soon as you had Harry with his black 'murder' gloves I knew McLoan was not long for this world. The tension was palpable in the warehouse and wonderfully written. I also loved the line about Harry getting his own 'truth and reconciliation'. It was a lovely touch at the end with Harry grabbing Will for a big bear hug - I can imagine he would do that very well indeed;). What a shame this story is coming to an end, it's been an absolute corker. Can't wait for the epilogue and the fall out for Harry and Ruth - Hopefully something positive now Harry has buried the hatchet.
r4ven3 chapter 11 . 6/29/2015
It was a nice touch for Harry to be wearing his murder gloves which he wore when he killed Blake. There was a satisfying going-full-circle sense to this chapter.
Guest chapter 11 . 6/29/2015
Loved it, looking forward to the epilogue.
Batteredpen chapter 11 . 6/29/2015
So we come full circle. I'm not surprised Will wanted to heave at McLoan's justification even if I did have a slight smile at the gloves Harry was using. Belfast and the politics of Northern Ireland have moved on. So I hope now will Harry and Will. Within that though the sense of tension and menace was palpable. Congratulations on pointing up the difference between Harry and McLoan with the two murders. Harry as Jane said in one of the earlier chapters is a killer not a murderer and doesn't boast or glory in taking a life.
Guest chapter 10 . 6/24/2015