Reviews for Desolation
gginsc chapter 15 . 1/18
Great story. Very moving and realistic.
Ethyrin Kairos chapter 15 . 1/13
Amazing epic!
cardigantea chapter 15 . 1/22/2013
Wow! That's really good!
Guest chapter 15 . 8/21/2012
I don't know if you still read reviews for stories this old, but this is probably the best Elrond-centric fic I've read so far.
shine lots chapter 4 . 12/2/2011
I like this story because we get to see Elrond be a hero.
homosev chapter 15 . 8/9/2010
I've yet to find another story as beautiful in its pain and hope among those featuring Elrond - or indeed anyone else from LOTR. Thank you and may your words never fail you.
Elspeth chapter 15 . 4/21/2009
This was a truly lovely story. Thank you.
Mycroft07 chapter 15 . 11/4/2008
Excellent story! Thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. Bringing the silmarions into the story was a masterstroke. The battle between Sauron and Elrond was amazing as well... do write more!
SoConfusified chapter 9 . 6/6/2008
...Wow.

MAJOR PLOT TWIST!

That was the most unexpected thing ever...

You are awesome.
SoConfusified chapter 4 . 6/6/2008
...? Did that really just happen?

Wow. This is going to be -interesting-...

;)
elsbeth chapter 15 . 8/5/2006
What a lovely story! Thank you
Lillz chapter 15 . 5/12/2006
fantastic. absolutely fantastic! one of the best stories i've ever read. there's nothing about this story i didn't like; it was beautiful through and through. your style of writing is just enchanting, and the way you bring the characters to life, give them personalities and quirks and emotions is supurb

wow. this is so going on my faves' list, and i really hope that other people see it and read it, for i know they'll love it as much as i have.

x
Kira-k chapter 15 . 3/23/2005
It was more than 2 years ago, I started to read this story. I finished the last two chapters now, because I wasn't visiting the for almost a year. (Perhaps I left some reviews without logging in as Kira.)

But I'm glad I came back, and I've saved your story and penname, so I could find this again and finish it.

I love this story. I love how you weaved your tale, how your style was original, yet reminded me to Tolkien's books. I loved, how you made this alternative ending, and the characters' reactions. I loved how you added the little details, not forgetting about Maglor or Thranduil, and how you made Elrond the "unwilling hero" of your story.

I found this story when I was searching for Elrond-centric fanfictions, and you've managed to put up a very high standard. I'm glad you have started and finished the story, and I enjoyed every word I read. Thank you for giving me this wonderful experience. *bows*

I've a question. If I started to translate Desolation into Hungarian to share it with my friends, would you give your premission for it?
heartnut chapter 15 . 1/16/2005
Wow. I don't get it, but wow. I love the way you tell stories, Losseniaiel. You just have a magical way of connecting things together. I loved how you brought Faramir and Eowyn into the story, and especially Arwen's legacy. Nice blend of canon and hope.
Crystal113 chapter 15 . 1/6/2005
Oh. My. Word.

I am astounded, amazed... *resists tempation to grab thesaurus*

This was absolutely wonderful. Elrond is one of my favorite characters. I love it all. I don't have any one favorite part. I do have to say the Silmaril as the Arkenstone was a stroke of genius. The battle with the Ring in Mount Doom was wonderful. The battle with Sauron was a masterpiece. I'd continue going on, but I'm running out of things to say to describe the genius of this story...

Oh, I must thank you for elimiating a plot bunny to do an AU If- Sauron- got- the Ring. I would never have thought of using Elrond. But he fits. None of the Fellowship would have long survived if he had gotten the Ring.

This was a wonderful fic and I enjoyed every minute of reading it.