Reviews for The Manipulation of Julian Bashir
Rellek19 chapter 34 . 12/19/2017
Just finished leisurely reading through this. I have been reading fanfic for a few years, but this story prompted my first review.

This was better than actual published books I have read. I applaud you. I felt genuine regret when it ended.

I strongly encourage you to keep writing, either here or for publication. I will keep reading.

Live long and prosper.
Hero0fOlympus chapter 34 . 10/28/2017
This is amazing, I just finished this and none of the time I spent reading it was wasted, unlike some books and fanfic. it is really well written, and you did a great job at writing this!
Ella chapter 34 . 10/21/2017
This was fantastic!
DoubleNatural chapter 1 . 9/20/2017
Bloody hell. I've been reading fanfic since forever, and I can count on the fingers of 1 hand the stories that have engaged me with a stunningly well written and plotted story of this length. Like, I can name them. You just made that list. It has taken me several all-nighters to finish this bad boy. Loved every chapter. Loved the father/son dynamic with Bashir and Sisko. Loved the well drawn, complex, multiple baddies. So much delicious hurt wrapped up in comfort. God this was a good one. Bravo.
eisamiller88 chapter 34 . 9/13/2017
It's been a really, really, REALLY long time since I've pulled an all-nighter to read a story. I felt like I was reading a novel. I just couldn't put it down until I knew exactly how it ended. I ended up skipping work today since I didn't actually get in bed until 4:30am. lol. I love your work and hope you have other stories in the works.
mb chapter 34 . 8/19/2017
Reading this story is a time like this is sobering but hopeful. I cried when it got to the party and Julian saw just how many people love and support him. The trials, the conspiracies, the hatred, all if it was harrowing but real. I greatly appreciate this story after doing a rewatch of Star Trek series throughout this year and questioning the Federation and Starfleet, especially after the reveal of Julian's situation (which seemed brushed off). I was SO HAPPY that Fischer was arrested. It's a drop in the pail of the over all problem but it gave me gratification.

I hope wherever you are right now, you are safe and loved and not suffering as your characters have suffered and that people like Julian continue to fight and believe in their worth, value, and agency as people and humans.
Guest chapter 34 . 8/3/2017
I loved every part of this story
blahblahwoofwoo chapter 34 . 7/6/2017
Wow, this story was just SO AMAZING, I am blown away by it! What a beautiful, sensitive, thoughtful and compassionate portrayal of Julian Bashir. The story and the world you've constructed in this work is SO detailed and SO real - nothing that happened to Julian felt out of place or hyperbolic, because prejudice IS this cruel and stupid and just plain mean. When you mix it with ambition and the lust for power... that's when innocent and vulnerable people get crushed and hurt. I'm sorry I'm so incoherent, but I couldn't put this story down, so I'm a little sleep deprived and a little coasting on the high of a cracking good read, all topped off with the electric charge of indignation and rage at the injustices in this work that reflect so accurately the injustices in our real lives. I'm so glad Julian found family and felt loved, but I am also glad that all the complications and problems didn't just melt away - it made everything more powerful and more real. This story will stay with me for a long time. THANK YOU. And if you do decide to continue in this universe, I know there will be plenty of avid readers, myself included. 3
Vengeful Astartes chapter 34 . 5/20/2017
loved the fic mate.
Vengeful Astartes chapter 1 . 5/20/2017
l
tbll57 chapter 34 . 3/11/2017
Really enjoyed this fic- I marathoned through it with a lamentably short period of sleep when I couldn't complete it in one sitting. I always love a good trial in stories, and I got three for the price of one here! It was great to see a 'realistic' treatment of a hugely contentious issue, plus the drama of conspiracies and the ugly underbelly of Starfleet's intelligence activities. The slow growing arc of friendship between Sisko and Julian was lovely, and the way you dealt with Julian's self-hatred was sensitively done and never veered into bathos. You painted a perfect picture of what it's like to grow up in a community that hates what you are and to inculcate those values, and what it's like to be one individual striving to be more than a group but coming full circle on embracing that group as a new community as well. Really lovely story! Thanks so much for sharing.
Tia chapter 34 . 2/25/2017
This is amazing. It's 2am, I should have gone to sleep hours ago but I haven't because this is so engaging. This is the story that was missing from the series, partly by virtue of the time they had available.
I think the bit that really got to me was this:
"Yes, there is. There is you. I've been so angry on your behalf. You should be furious! You have every right to be mad! You have no idea how frustrating it has been to see you let everyone trample over you, accepting it as your due. And now? It does my heart good to see you angry on your own behalf."

Because that really hits the nail on the head for me.

The other thing that struck me is how clearly yet briefly you outlined the way in which both Garak and the Jack/Lauren/Patrick/Sarina are so good for Julian- they're both intellectually stimulating, but they're actually both emotionally uncomplex for the most part. Just because Garak deals in shadow and complexity and the other group deals in bluntness and data, doesn't mean they don't have a surprising amount of similarities.

I don't think I have anything else coherent to say, but your writing is amazing and thank you so much for giving us this wonderful support network for Julian that he so clearly lacks.
3 3
Hoshie13 chapter 34 . 2/22/2017
I decided to log back into this ancient account to leave this review.

This. Was. Amazing. 3 3 3

Thank you, thank you so much for writing this and sharing it with us. We are so, so, lucky.

Like I just read all of this in less than 24 hours because even though I wanted to space it out and make it last longer, I couldn't because it was SO good.

The characterization. The relationships. The worldbuilding.

I was moved to tears more than once, including that last line :').

Are you on tumblr or ao3?
Sarah chapter 34 . 1/14/2017
What an amazingly epic story! Loved the complex plot, the characters were all wonderfully written, and the OCs blended in seamlessly with the canon cast. I loved the world building you developed about Earth and the Federation! All in all, excellent job, great work!
devo79 chapter 34 . 11/26/2016
Loved this so much.

A more realistic turn of events than what actually happened on the show. Well written!