Reviews for OSaBC II : That Which Cannot Die
Nat chapter 44 . 6/14
I FORGOT TO MENTION
I'm still freaking out over this chapter so excuse my memory (and language), but
TIM'S SPEECH, HOLY FUCKING SHIT
To quote Jake Peralta: chills, literal chills!
Nat chapter 44 . 6/14
Holy shit
I have no words
I started reading this series, like, a week ago? And when I say series I mean it, I came from OSaBC I to this one without stopping to even breathe.
It was insane. This whole fic is insane lmao. It was so fucking well-written that I'm still in shock.
It's the middle of the night and until 10 min ago I was basically screaming at my phone like wtf why won't this tetris guy just die?! I know that's not his name but fuck him. Also the geth? Man, this is crazy.
There were times (not only in this chapter) that I had to stop riding just to calm down a little. I almost had an anxiety attack, no joke.
Also, I was, like, in chapter 33 when I realized that you probably hadn't updated enough for me to find out Liara's reaction to Sara's ressurection, and I was right (unfortunately). I'm sure it's gonna be angsty as fuck but I can't waittttt.
It's been a long time since I've read a fic so good, congratulations!
Since I started reading your works very recently I don't know how often you update (given the size of your chapter I'm going to guess it takes a while), but anyway I hope you update soon!
Is it over? Please don’t let it be over 10/10 better than the original
Wow, just wow. I actually went back and reread the entirety of OSABC before reading this chapter, just so everything would be fresh in my mind. Totally worth many nights of staying up waaaaay past my bedtime. Tetrimus gets his in an absolutely epic throwdown that is quite possibly the best battle scene in anything I’ve ever read, in any novel, fanfic or not. I absolutely cannot wait for your next chapter, I imagine there’ll be at least one fluffy/angsty chapter before the showdown with the Broker, and I cannot wait to see how the galaxy reacts to the dead being alive, new Cerberus, how fucked the Thirty is and everything else that got revealed, once again you have proven yourself a master storyteller. Bravo sir, bravo.
HelenTheMoon chapter 44 . 6/3
Hoooooooo boy. The entire galaxy knows that all the folks that are supposed to be dead including the Council, Illium is - was, at any rate - in Battle Royale mode, Cerberus has made itself public, Sara and Garrus have gotten back their wives (I expect a bit of drama from Melenis; that was her name, right?) and we all know the entire fleet will hear the reunion and all party members are accounted for.

... Except Legion. I can't imagine the True Geth letting an attack of this scale just go without responding in some fashion.

Speaking of the chapter, most of this fanfic has been pretty hard to read due to all the angst (especially in one sitting) but this batgle made up for it fabulously. The whole fight was so over the top awesome that it bordered on funny. I actually laughed when the Geth showed up. Also, got to love Garrus. Bloodshed and destruction around him, cameras record a dead man walking, and he's like "Look mom, I'm on TV!"
RED78910 chapter 44 . 6/2
So, after I don't know how many sessions I have finally managed to get through this behemoth of an update. An update that is long enough to be its own short story. An update that is one of the best chapters you have ever wrote, and I do not type these words lightly.

This chapter is the end of a Major event that will no doubt be a turning point in the setting, and we can only now guess as to what the aftermath will be. The galaxy now knows Sara and Garrus are alive, they have reason to Like Cerberus now (Great work there TIM you Magnificent Bastard you) and HATE the Thirty even more then they used to, as well as the Geth.

Really, THIS is how major shake ups in settings should be handled. You really have out done yourself.

The fight scenes were, as always, very detailed and captivating. I will be honest, I dislike Boss Fights in general and rarely do fights between characters ever actually resonate with me. Usually it's just two or more people fighting. I don't usually see any deeper meaning to it all.

Here however, I was engaged. It was Oh So satisfying to see Tetrimus Finally get what he deserved, and hopefully Tazzik will be dead soon as well.

The fact it took so long for these bastards to die just shows how Badass they were, and while I may have some reservations about how much a beating the characters took and still somehow are alive, I did enjoy the fights is what I'm getting at.

I honestly can't think of anything else to say other then I can't wait to read some of your other updates.

Great work as always. Take care.
GrinJaw chapter 44 . 6/1
A climax was promised and a climax we got. And WHAT a climax that was!

And since the couples are united again after the shit they all have been through, I suppose it will be like mixing Nitro and Glycerin together and then throw it at the Reapers.

I am very excited to see how you will handle the reunion. Excited, but without the fear of beeing disapointed. You never did that!
Bro chapter 29 . 5/28
Is Florez related to Rachel Florez?
baud001 chapter 44 . 5/29
That chapter was Awesome! With a good dose of grimdark with the orbital bombardement. But it could have been a good idea to cut the chapter in two or three parts, it would be easier to read this way.
rjohanek chapter 44 . 5/28
Whoa. With a capital "W".
So uh chapter 44 . 5/24
I’m wondering how the next chapter is going to be like?

liara/Telyani: I’ve done horrible things!

Shepard/Garrus: shut up and kiss me/us!
ShallowGlass chapter 44 . 5/24
What an amazing chapter! That fight scene was the best I’ve read. Your combat is so easy to follow and visualize while still being absolutely epic.

Finally great to see Liara and Shepherd reunited as well. I got chills when you mentioned that shot of Shepherd facing Tetrimus. Absolutely wonderful, thank you.
Krane chapter 44 . 5/20
Well fuck me that was satisfying.

I can't wait to see the reaction shots from the rest of the galaxy.
5 Coloured Walker chapter 44 . 5/22
You started a fic, that you've constantly updated and expanded on, over 6 year ago, for this chapter?
*Reads*
That was a good decision, cause this was an amazing chapter... Just don't stop now that you've got it out of your system, k?

"I hear these stupid declarations of how I'm going to be killed, brought to justice, or all of that so often, I invented a game where I try to remember the people who said that to me and died."
Someone's watched DBZ Abridged
thecubsfan chapter 44 . 5/19
Absolutely worth the wait but now I’m impatient for the next update
1,270 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »