Reviews for I Turned Away
JP10 chapter 42 . 8/13
I've read this one several times and I just adore this story. It's a favorite! Thank you for writing this!
mille libri chapter 42 . 3/3
This is a sweet ending, just the two of them talking which has been such a strength of theirs all the way through. You've done a great job with their personalities and characters and their growing relationship, and I like the thought of their continuing life together.
mille libri chapter 41 . 3/3
So nice to see them both as such a stable couple, making friends and becoming comfortable with their roles in life.
mille libri chapter 39 . 12/25/2016
Aw, he's come so far! He would never have thought to do all this for their anniversary to start with, and his growth has been so believable.
mille libri chapter 38 . 12/24/2016
I love their conversations. The two of them talk so well together.
mille libri chapter 37 . 12/23/2016
I really like the way you've built this complex life for them, with their relationship, so smooth and easy and natural, at the center.
mille libri chapter 36 . 12/22/2016
These two, man - they're so awesome together, and I loved Ronda's reaction. I could nearly see her shaking her head at how completely awkward John is at all this stuff.
Poppy471 chapter 10 . 12/1/2016
Smoking hot is all I have to say.
Poppy471 chapter 1 . 11/30/2016
I love this start. I'm glad there are many more chapters, hopefully as riveting as this one. You did a fantastic job of setting things up and showing us what we needed to know. I love the idea of Bender as a successful photographer. I love the idea of Bender as a successful anything.
mille libri chapter 35 . 9/28/2016
I liked the bit in the middle from Phillip's perspective - nice to see John and the situation the way an outsider does, and I really like that John finally has someone he can talk to almost as freely as he can to Claire. It's been a long time of him learning to open up and it's been a very natural transition.
mille libri chapter 34 . 8/10/2016
I really liked the way this chapter played out - her unhappiness, his confusion and his understandable need to take the opportunity while it knocks, his discussion with Phillip, and then the reveal at the end. I think it came together really subtly and well and got at the heart of so many of their issues together, as well as so many of the things that are good about them as a couple.
mille libri chapter 33 . 8/4/2016
This sounds like such a completely normal young married couple conversation - yet they're both still recognizably themselves, and you've brought them so naturally and gradually to this point that it's completely believable for them to be having these conversations.
mille libri chapter 32 . 4/14/2016
Glad to see John starting to wrap his head around the changes in his life, and thinking about what he wants to do about them.
mille libri chapter 31 . 3/15/2016
John's conversation with his mother here was so real and so what he needed to get off his chest, it gave me chills. And his unsettlement afterward makes so much sense for him - all these people suddenly in a life that he had built largely alone, forcing him to have to make adjustments and to rethink everything he thought he knew about himself. I love that Claire, while initially prickly, came to understand where he was coming from and knew how to reassure him.
mille libri chapter 30 . 1/11/2016
About time Philip fessed up! John's had blinders on, but I'm still surprised he was so shocked and hadn't put two and two together yet. I'll be interested to see Claire's reaction when she finds out.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »