Reviews for Pilfered Hearts and Plundered Dreams
Glory Bee chapter 33 . 6/14/2012
A very tragic tale. :( I respect your right to only stretch canon and not break it. I do wish we would have found out what happened in Amoran's life as she leaves with only her daughter. I feel sad for her and wept at the end of their story. Glad that this did not ruin Legolas' life. Appreciated very much your notes to readers.
sexyninjalady chapter 3 . 4/8/2010
awesome!
Amadoni chapter 33 . 10/12/2008
God, this was just brimming with some of the most analytical life philosophies I've seen in quite some time. And yet, the story itself remained both intact and beautiful without coming out as some complex lecture you never really pay close attention to. Very much enjoyed.
Amisara chapter 33 . 10/21/2007
your story is incredible. be proud that you stuck with it because the end result is fantastic. it was real, sad, poetic, very tragic but still so good. there wasnt he disney happy ending we come to expect in many stories but still...very nice. bravo!
ShimmeringWater chapter 33 . 6/29/2007
This story is unique and magnificent. Seldom have I encountered descriptions as fine as yours, and that is true even amog several of the pusblished authors I've read. In my opinion the best of writers can not only make an excellent plot, but above all, what defines them as the best is the end they give to the story. This story's ending makes you one of them. You have my respect and admiration for working in this piece for 4 years. May you never tire of writting.

SW.
Xelrina chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
love it. :)
Casey chapter 33 . 10/5/2006
Four years later, and it's finally finished.

I must say, I feel at the end of this story as I did at the end of the book (and movies); depressed and yet also terribly relieved. It's like I lived the adventure, and being an adventurous person by my very nature, I'm sad that it's come to its closing; but everyone needs a reprieve before setting off on their next quest.

The ending was exactly as it should have been, I think. It was...realistic. It tugs at the heartstrings in a bittersweet way: cherish the time you have, don't take it for granted, and keep it close to your heart when its time has passed. My only complaint is that I would have liked to know what happened to Amoran and Jasphine; we know where Legolas' path takes him. But did Amoran truly lament her lover's loss, or did she come to see it in a similar light to Legolas? Did she manage to save herself, in the end, even if only for her child's sake?

This is absolutely one of my favorite stories on this site; you did an excellent job with it. I look forward to reading more from you, especially in the Lord of the Rings category. By all means, feel free to email me: I'd love to hear from you, maybe even get updates on current and future projects. Again, thank you for this tale. I've followed it since its beginning, and it's been truly spectacular.

-Casey
Gemini Enchantress chapter 33 . 8/9/2006
So it's been a while since I got the update alert for this chapter. I'll be honest when I tell you I was a little shocked to find it finished, mainly because Pilfered Hearts and Pludered Dreams was one of the first, and best stories I read on (also becaue I began reading it about a month after I turned 13 and am now 16) Its a little sureal. Its the only story I come back to to read. I love it. I loved how Legolas was portrateyd throughout the story, and how he changed and grew because of Amoran. I liked the ending, it was very fitting.

You're a wonderful writner, and this is a wonderful story. Thank You for finishing it, and not abandoning Legolas and Amoran.

Avec Amour,

Gemini Enchantress
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 33 . 8/5/2006
Although I may take hiatus from fanfiction to make sure I study, your fic is one of the only few fics I do not take a break from. It is heartbreakingly beautiful and I agree that the ending could not have ended in any other satisfactory way. If she ended up with him I am sure it would have ended up on a jarring note
Elflingimp chapter 33 . 7/27/2006
I just came across your story and I loved it,it was kinda complicated but I almost liked the fact that it wasnt one of those fairytales where everyone lived happily ever after. I loved all the characters everyone of them had so much personality so hats off to you,I sincerely hope you write more.
Heart's Whisper chapter 33 . 7/25/2006
I REALLY enjoyed reading this story. It was absolutely wonderful... wow...yeah...wow
Deepy chapter 33 . 7/20/2006
Wow dear, you finally finished it! I am so proud of you! It's been four years but hey, a good run right? What I always loved about this piece was the fluidity of it. You did not rush anything about it and there was always a sense of calm, even during the moments of suspense. You took your time with the relationships and I have to applaud you for that.

I also applaud you for finishing this and giving the readers such a bittersweet ending. Yet, it was realistic and could have fit into canon (abeit some minor adjustments). Not all relationships are meant to last for life but what we gain from them is valuable all the same, and we emerge from them a wiser person. I love that, because it's such a beautiful view regarding life and interaction.

It also reminds me of why I was so taken with this story four years ago. It was the style and the pacing, as well as the plot. It was unconventional in a genre full of cliches. So nice work babe.

-Deepy
just a reader chapter 33 . 7/20/2006
wow, I loved the ending. I also like how you didn't write about amoran's life after leaving mirkwood, it would have made the story drag and really take away from the meaning the reader takes away at the end of the story. I really enjoyed reading your story, thank you thank you thank you! oh, and I really loove the monologue between legolas and gimli. you really did catch the essence of their friendship.
Ladytremere chapter 33 . 7/11/2006
Okay, I've finished it now. Do you know how many times over the years I was tempted to ask how things would end for Legolas/Amoran? You kept telling me you had the end all planned out, but I didn't want to have certain childish hopes dashed. Yes, I know where Legolas winds up post-felowship, but some part of me still kind of hoped that maybe Amoran would at least get to live her life there and be happy, and then he could mourn her death and go do the quest etc and wind up in the same place. Deep down, I knew all along you weren't going to do it that way. Deep down, I probably would have to admit (to my hopeless romantic heart's wails of protest) that your ending was the more appropriate way to end it.

I need to come to terms with more melancholy stories. I love my happy endings, but I'm learning that a happy ending is not always the best ending. Even with some of my own writing. (But Destiny's Pawns WILL have a happy ending, dammit!) I didn't think myself capable of writing a story without a happy ending, for the longest time. I didn't want to. But I think that attitude's a little childish.

No, I think this ending was the right one. I really liked Nichae at the end, and I've learned to love Ardel, even though my instinct was mistrust when you first introduced him, he definitely grew on me. Your ending scene between Legolas and Gimli felt very natural and in character. It was a satisfying end.

*sniffle*
Lady Silma chapter 33 . 7/9/2006
I thought the ending was perfect, dear. I don't know why you are worried readers won't enjoy it. I never thought it would end differently, and I think you are right in saying it was about the only ending that would work and stay within canon.