Reviews for Pilfered Hearts and Plundered Dreams
Casey chapter 33 . 10/5/2006
Four years later, and it's finally finished.

I must say, I feel at the end of this story as I did at the end of the book (and movies); depressed and yet also terribly relieved. It's like I lived the adventure, and being an adventurous person by my very nature, I'm sad that it's come to its closing; but everyone needs a reprieve before setting off on their next quest.

The ending was exactly as it should have been, I think. It was...realistic. It tugs at the heartstrings in a bittersweet way: cherish the time you have, don't take it for granted, and keep it close to your heart when its time has passed. My only complaint is that I would have liked to know what happened to Amoran and Jasphine; we know where Legolas' path takes him. But did Amoran truly lament her lover's loss, or did she come to see it in a similar light to Legolas? Did she manage to save herself, in the end, even if only for her child's sake?

This is absolutely one of my favorite stories on this site; you did an excellent job with it. I look forward to reading more from you, especially in the Lord of the Rings category. By all means, feel free to email me: I'd love to hear from you, maybe even get updates on current and future projects. Again, thank you for this tale. I've followed it since its beginning, and it's been truly spectacular.

-Casey
Gemini Enchantress chapter 33 . 8/9/2006
So it's been a while since I got the update alert for this chapter. I'll be honest when I tell you I was a little shocked to find it finished, mainly because Pilfered Hearts and Pludered Dreams was one of the first, and best stories I read on (also becaue I began reading it about a month after I turned 13 and am now 16) Its a little sureal. Its the only story I come back to to read. I love it. I loved how Legolas was portrateyd throughout the story, and how he changed and grew because of Amoran. I liked the ending, it was very fitting.

You're a wonderful writner, and this is a wonderful story. Thank You for finishing it, and not abandoning Legolas and Amoran.

Avec Amour,

Gemini Enchantress
Earwen of Alqualonde chapter 33 . 8/5/2006
Although I may take hiatus from fanfiction to make sure I study, your fic is one of the only few fics I do not take a break from. It is heartbreakingly beautiful and I agree that the ending could not have ended in any other satisfactory way. If she ended up with him I am sure it would have ended up on a jarring note
Elflingimp chapter 33 . 7/27/2006
I just came across your story and I loved it,it was kinda complicated but I almost liked the fact that it wasnt one of those fairytales where everyone lived happily ever after. I loved all the characters everyone of them had so much personality so hats off to you,I sincerely hope you write more.
Heart's Whisper chapter 33 . 7/25/2006
I REALLY enjoyed reading this story. It was absolutely wonderful... wow...yeah...wow
Deepy chapter 33 . 7/20/2006
Wow dear, you finally finished it! I am so proud of you! It's been four years but hey, a good run right? What I always loved about this piece was the fluidity of it. You did not rush anything about it and there was always a sense of calm, even during the moments of suspense. You took your time with the relationships and I have to applaud you for that.

I also applaud you for finishing this and giving the readers such a bittersweet ending. Yet, it was realistic and could have fit into canon (abeit some minor adjustments). Not all relationships are meant to last for life but what we gain from them is valuable all the same, and we emerge from them a wiser person. I love that, because it's such a beautiful view regarding life and interaction.

It also reminds me of why I was so taken with this story four years ago. It was the style and the pacing, as well as the plot. It was unconventional in a genre full of cliches. So nice work babe.

-Deepy
just a reader chapter 33 . 7/20/2006
wow, I loved the ending. I also like how you didn't write about amoran's life after leaving mirkwood, it would have made the story drag and really take away from the meaning the reader takes away at the end of the story. I really enjoyed reading your story, thank you thank you thank you! oh, and I really loove the monologue between legolas and gimli. you really did catch the essence of their friendship.
Ladytremere chapter 33 . 7/11/2006
Okay, I've finished it now. Do you know how many times over the years I was tempted to ask how things would end for Legolas/Amoran? You kept telling me you had the end all planned out, but I didn't want to have certain childish hopes dashed. Yes, I know where Legolas winds up post-felowship, but some part of me still kind of hoped that maybe Amoran would at least get to live her life there and be happy, and then he could mourn her death and go do the quest etc and wind up in the same place. Deep down, I knew all along you weren't going to do it that way. Deep down, I probably would have to admit (to my hopeless romantic heart's wails of protest) that your ending was the more appropriate way to end it.

I need to come to terms with more melancholy stories. I love my happy endings, but I'm learning that a happy ending is not always the best ending. Even with some of my own writing. (But Destiny's Pawns WILL have a happy ending, dammit!) I didn't think myself capable of writing a story without a happy ending, for the longest time. I didn't want to. But I think that attitude's a little childish.

No, I think this ending was the right one. I really liked Nichae at the end, and I've learned to love Ardel, even though my instinct was mistrust when you first introduced him, he definitely grew on me. Your ending scene between Legolas and Gimli felt very natural and in character. It was a satisfying end.

*sniffle*
Lady Silma chapter 33 . 7/9/2006
I thought the ending was perfect, dear. I don't know why you are worried readers won't enjoy it. I never thought it would end differently, and I think you are right in saying it was about the only ending that would work and stay within canon.
El Capitan K-rage chapter 33 . 7/9/2006
Nicely done. I enjoyed it.
SofiaB chapter 33 . 7/9/2006
Singing odes to spoons... fellowship of the pipe... love it.

The ending was... I have mixed emotions of it.

I think you handled it pretty well. The whole bit with Legolas telling Gimli about his past relationship was fitting for the Legolas you created. But the other part of me wanted more of a.. I don't know, happy ending?

The story is well done and I've enjoyed reading it.

Just out of curiosity, do you plan to write more lord of the rings fan fiction?
EtOhPower chapter 32 . 3/9/2006
excellent, brilliant, thought-provoking, deep, touching... I could go on, but I feel too braindead to think of more adjectives. One thing I think that you did an exceptionally good job on was character depth. I can't wait until you update though. I get the feeling that Amoran is just on the brink of realizing her feelings. I actually think that the story might work if you simply allowed her to leave, and then continue the story. Feel free to ignore this suggestion though. I think that it is very refreshing, the way that you make the characters seem so realistic, and give their emotions such depth. I believe that that is what really sets this apart from many other stories that I have read about Legolas falling in love with a mortal. However, I think that the story is begining to drag, simply becuase the arcs are not very distinct. I appreciate the fluid effect that this creates, but whether it's because you stopped updating at such a critical point, or because the plot is moving rather slowly, there are some points where I find it repetitious and...forced.

Please do not interpret my remarks negatively. I still believe that this is honestly one of the best fics that I have found on in a long time. I understand what you are doing, and I really think that it is a very nice change from the norm. It is well written, and you have obviously put it quite a bit of effort into this. I live only to serve and be helpful, and I really hope that I have not completely misinterpreted your style and meanings. I know that because this is meant to be an angsty piece, this sorrowful, constantly suppressing air is necessary, however, when I say that the story drags, I simply mean that it might be nice to simply put in an interlude, perhaps a happy moment to make it seem less monotonous. Once again, this is completely up to your discretion, as I know that it could seem somewhat out of chracter for your story, especially at this point.

I would like to conclude, with the statement that this is a very nicely written story, with a very fluid style, even if the genre contrasts with Tolkein a bit. Good job, I love your story I think that the depth that you have poured into each of the characters is definitely a strong point. Please keep it up. It's really authors and stories like this that make fanfiction such an interesting field.

Speaking of which, what is the time period for this story, relative to the LOTR books?
Kira chapter 32 . 1/25/2006
This is such a great story! The characters and plot are so well developed. Please update soon. Your story is so different from anything else I have read.
Rune the Rambler chapter 32 . 1/23/2006
*sobs*

I have no words that are good enough! *pulls out kleenex* It's beautiful, deep and not just your run-of-the-mill-legomance. There is humour, sorrow, pathos, kindness and cruelty all jam packed into this incredible story.

*blows nose loudly*

I read from chapter one to the latest chapter in four hours. I even forgot to make lunch! See what you made me do?

Please, please, please continue on with PHaPD or I will be left in uncertainty forever!

*sobs some more*
cutemara chapter 32 . 10/17/2005
wow...it's been a really long time since I've seen an update for this story...honestly, I'd begun to forget what it was about this story that I loved so much...but now that I read the latest update...wow...I really hope you will be finishing this story...
514 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »