Reviews for Pilfered Hearts and Plundered Dreams
Riniel232 chapter 32 . 8/12/2005
WOW! i've just started reading this story yesterday and i couldn't stay away from it i stayed up late and woke up early just to find out what was going to happen next i'm very excited for the next chapter i want so to see what happens. I think you are an amazing author and your stories are very well writen. I love how you portray Legolas it seems very well like him. anyways i love your story and i hope you update soon!
just a reader chapter 32 . 8/4/2005
yay, yay, yay! another chapter (raise the roof)...and well done too. this was such a strong chapter, amoran's conversation with thranduil had me feeling uneasy, even little. I am overly happy that jasphine hasn't met some unfortunate end, it really would have been a shame...like someone putting the candle out (I guess that how I view jasphine, a candle...a type of hope).

I was a bit surprised with thranduil's decision...ok not the decision itself but, after having amoran escorted out of mirkwood, to just leave her. at the same time I'm telling myself why would he provide her with any more than he has already. you know, I've got this heavy feeling in my gut...which of course tells me that the next chapter will be something to look forward too! (btw, why were you suspended? if you don't mind my asking that is?)
Lady Silma chapter 32 . 7/30/2005
My dear, did you really just call this story a short tale? *snorts* It does seem like it is never ending. You've been working on this, it seems, since we've known each other. I am looking forward to the last chapter. Things seem to have developed quite nicely. I do so love angst.
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 32 . 7/30/2005
*GASP* I was so unbelieveably happy when I got this update! This was a most excellent chapter, and I'm so sorry to hear that this story is almost over...it's one of my fav Legomance's! Please update sooner than you did! :D:D:D:D:D
Casey chapter 32 . 7/29/2005
You know, one of the things I've always admired about this story is the realism of it, how clearly I can see the dew on the blades of grass and the expression in the eyes of the characters; this chapter, as all of them have, has remained true to that realism. You are such a gifted writer, and I hope to see more from you!

Yes, two and a half years; I can safely say that I'm quite glad that you took up your friend's challenge and wrote this Legolas/OFC fic. :D And after following this story for such a long time, I have every confidence that you'll make the ending spectacular, in that kind of gently subdued tone that the whole story has had. As always, I'm eagerly awaiting the next chapter.
zola chapter 32 . 7/29/2005
this is wonderful; it's marvellously painful and loving without being sappy. it is one of those stories i choose not to call a romance but a love story-because there's just so much love in it and so that it becomes painful.

there's some lacking in the characters; thranduil was portrayed really well. i think this is the real him.

none are perfect, and so is reality; they have to part, it's the kind of relationship that could not have lasted but burned brightly and ws just intense. i suppose that is better than the cold and dark.

i wondered why you chose Legolas/ofc here, then again, he is rather mysterious-to9lkien never did elaborate on him, did he?

i love it. update soon.
SofiaB chapter 32 . 7/29/2005
sad chapter. Almost made me tearful.
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 31 . 7/6/2005
Ardel? What? Oh no...*senses inevitable trouble* This story is still beautifully amazing, please continue! Fortunately for me, you last updated in May. Please update soon! I so look forward to it!
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 27 . 7/6/2005
Wow, this is such a long story- but so entrancing. Here I am, at 2 am in the morning, still reading your story! Eiyiyi,I must continue! This is truly a beatiful and amazing story; your writing is truly wonderful and so nice to read!
sea-breeze26 chapter 31 . 7/1/2005
Hey i really like this story.

Keep it up, please
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 21 . 6/28/2005
I like this side of Legolas ;) lol
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 10 . 6/28/2005
Wow- you really create some beautiful imagery! This story is immensely enjoyable :D
Jedi Knight Bus chapter 1 . 6/28/2005
I really like this story so far! Will continue reading, and props to you for your great writing!
Ladytremere chapter 31 . 6/20/2005
I really wanted to review this sooner. It just seems like, these days, I hardly have any time on the computer other than to check email, or to job hunt. Very little to write anything thoughtful. (For evidence of that, you may notice it's been like a month since I've updated any of my stories.)

I got back into the feel for this again. Maybe the long break from it gave me more objectivity, beyond the, "I want Amoran and Legolas together!" mentality that I just cannot help.

A lot is said in what isn't said. That Amoran doesn't exactly love Legolas, because she doesn't exactly know how to love. I hate cliches, but the one that can't help but come to mind is, "If you can't love yourself, you'll never be able to love another person." And I think that, sadly, also applies to her daughter. I'm not sure what, exactly, motivated her to take her daughter, because I don't think it was love. No, I think it was an emptiness. Amoran has an emptiness in her that Legolas and Jasphine can't quite fill. Amoran is an incredibly sad character, I think, very tragic.

And although I know from the beginning that there's no way a romance between an Elf and a human can end happily, I'm not sure there is happiness for Amoran in any circumstance. I don't know. Maybe there's still a chance and you'll surprise me, but that would be changing the tone and almost, "Disneyfying" (I made that word up, just now) the whole story. I'm still a sucker for a happy ending, and I wouldn't complain, but that's not what I'm expecting. I'm expecting the ending to be incredibly poignant, and melancholy. You have an amazing talent for pulling at the emotions of your readers, especially at capturing emotions like loss and longing.

I am eager to see how this will end, as this chapter leaves off with a sense of things preparing to unravel.
Casey chapter 31 . 6/7/2005
*blinks* That's one hell of a cliffhanger, lady! I'm so glad to see that you've updated this story again; you know a story's good when you're willing to follow it for two and a half years. :) I hope you update again, and soon! I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what has happened with Ardel (and Jasphine, I'm guessing). Excellent work, as always!
514 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »