Reviews for Robo Effect
amerdism chapter 59 . 3/6
This story is amazing, plain and simple, very unique, I don’t think any other has taken such a concept with the macross series, Hannah Shepard is my favourite character so far, hope to see a lot more of her, originally I though she was the main Shepard, but now I think it’s the Shepard family as a whole? I love seeing how the Terrans interact with micronian races, it’s not something you actually see a lot in either canon or other fanfics. So when’s the next chapter going up? Soon I hope.
Albert Scoot chapter 49 . 1/19
I gave up on this story once the Terans started sharing state of the art stealth military hardware with a foreign power that frequently tries to go to war with them.
Guest chapter 22 . 9/3/2017
The heck is this chapter supposed to be?
Waka Nibbolo chapter 22 . 3/9/2017
A totally and completely unneeded chapter.
Kingdark chapter 59 . 2/21/2017
At first, I really enjoyed this story but towards chapter thirty-five -ish the quality began to go down. By a lot. More spelling and grammar mistakes, weird ways of describing things... Anyway, I struggled through it and I still think this is a very good story but I would encourage you to keep up the quality you started with. Quality above quantity. Keep to your average word count, don't repeat chapter 22 above all else and we're good _

Kingdark
The Sithspawn chapter 59 . 1/16/2017
Good work!

Can't wait to read more! So please update again soon please!
Guest chapter 59 . 12/26/2016
OH SNAP! CANNOT WAIT to see Javik's reaction to the WANZERS (what do they look like anyways)!?
Guest chapter 58 . 9/7/2016
Will Javik show up in this story eventually!?
goddragonking chapter 58 . 9/5/2016
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more:)
kamikage86 chapter 58 . 9/5/2016
It's alive, awesome, keep it alive please.
Guest chapter 57 . 8/18/2016
Just a quick note to say that I love this story. Very creative blending of the Macross and mass effect worlds! Waiting for the next bits..
Qinlongfei chapter 28 . 7/6/2016
Once again, I like seeing how Terran Federation tries to resolve things diplomatically where as a what in the fandom would describe as 'Human Fuck Yeah!' (Just the name alone shows how much self-awareness those hacks have) story would have jumped the gun and bomb Batarian to stone age.

Personally, I think this chapter would have worked a bit better if Terran drag the Turian away for execution since the act almost seem like they are provoking Council into firing the first shot just so they can claim the moral high ground of self-defense. But then again since Terran and Council are enemies officially it can simply be show as an act of showing strength in front of your enemy and they basically got what they wanted: Have Council put pressure on Batarian so they will think twice about attack Terran again.

And speaking of Batarian... once again not the best chapter to explain why I like how they are portrayed in this chapter but their ambassador's action is quite hilarious. I find it almost cute on how he tries to both claim deniability and ownership of the pirate (probably privateer in reality) at the same time.

I can't help but feel the second half of the chapter is an Easter Egg to some sci-fi story, where instead of getting executed the prisoners are exiled to a planet without access to space forever till they willingly reform themselves and become productive to society once again. Reminds me a bit of the Birdcage from Worm but in that case it's more of locking away dangerous Super Villain forever so they are out of everyone's mind. It's definitely an unorthodox solution that's worth its own mini-series to say the least.
Qinlongfei chapter 27 . 7/6/2016
One thing I really like in this story is how it makes subtle changes to Batarians and give them more depth than most other ME fanfics (Although I still think Biomass Effect's portray of Batarian is best, but that's more due to circumstance and can't be replicated unless someone steal Biomass Effect's idea in its entirety). This chapter isn't the best example, but really the subtle change to Batarian start from here.

Instead of the unspoken mandatory large scale slave raid Batarian does to human/humanstandin that over saturate almost every ME story (aside from ones that start out in the middle of the games) and Batarian basically goes:

"New specie? They'll worth a lots of $$ so let's catch'em all! What? Consequence? Who care about consequence, we are the motherfucking Batarians, no way will this up starter beat us! Haha!"

approach almost every writer (I'm very tempted to call them hacks... but I digress) does that clearly have no effort put into the thought process, this chapter start Batarian's reaction to Terran with a probe attack. Launching a small team of Black Ops to try and see if their new weapon is effective against Terran biology or not, and tries to have them pull out as soon as their test run was successful. This really shows they are acting with a brutal cunning which explains how they manage to keep going slave runs even when Council cracks down on them. Of course, they still underestimated how quickly Terran's ability to respond to the probe attack but it feels much more natural how this story progresses.

And I honestly had a good laugh when I see Ed busting out a omni-blade reminiscent to his iconic automail blade. It's even more hilarious when he says: "Gah! I see small people!" consider he spend so much time in FMA grief about his short height. Definitely one of the funniest if not flat out best Easter egg, although personally I'd imagine Winry more as an engineer than a governor consider her love for machine in FMA.
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 23 . 7/5/2016
I would assume that Galaxy M51 to be filled with Element Zero, ironically because of a underpowered SDD. If i remember correctly Eezo is created during a supernova, and since it basically caused mini-novas it may have created more than it normally would have (several instead of one).
UltraMickey chapter 9 . 7/4/2016
Read a couple of chapters. Bit too op still. It's a shame, for a story as long as this, I can't get myself to like it.