Reviews for Robo Effect
Lord Dream chapter 22 . 3/9
A totally and completely unneeded chapter.
Kingdark chapter 59 . 2/21
At first, I really enjoyed this story but towards chapter thirty-five -ish the quality began to go down. By a lot. More spelling and grammar mistakes, weird ways of describing things... Anyway, I struggled through it and I still think this is a very good story but I would encourage you to keep up the quality you started with. Quality above quantity. Keep to your average word count, don't repeat chapter 22 above all else and we're good _

Kingdark
The Sithspawn chapter 59 . 1/16
Good work!

Can't wait to read more! So please update again soon please!
Guest chapter 59 . 12/26/2016
OH SNAP! CANNOT WAIT to see Javik's reaction to the WANZERS (what do they look like anyways)!?
Guest chapter 58 . 9/7/2016
Will Javik show up in this story eventually!?
goddragonking chapter 58 . 9/5/2016
great chapter , love the way this story is going, keep up the excellent work! Keep the good writing and hope for more update soon can't wait to read more:)
kamikage86 chapter 58 . 9/5/2016
It's alive, awesome, keep it alive please.
Guest chapter 57 . 8/18/2016
Just a quick note to say that I love this story. Very creative blending of the Macross and mass effect worlds! Waiting for the next bits..
Qinlongfei chapter 28 . 7/6/2016
Once again, I like seeing how Terran Federation tries to resolve things diplomatically where as a what in the fandom would describe as 'Human Fuck Yeah!' (Just the name alone shows how much self-awareness those hacks have) story would have jumped the gun and bomb Batarian to stone age.

Personally, I think this chapter would have worked a bit better if Terran drag the Turian away for execution since the act almost seem like they are provoking Council into firing the first shot just so they can claim the moral high ground of self-defense. But then again since Terran and Council are enemies officially it can simply be show as an act of showing strength in front of your enemy and they basically got what they wanted: Have Council put pressure on Batarian so they will think twice about attack Terran again.

And speaking of Batarian... once again not the best chapter to explain why I like how they are portrayed in this chapter but their ambassador's action is quite hilarious. I find it almost cute on how he tries to both claim deniability and ownership of the pirate (probably privateer in reality) at the same time.

I can't help but feel the second half of the chapter is an Easter Egg to some sci-fi story, where instead of getting executed the prisoners are exiled to a planet without access to space forever till they willingly reform themselves and become productive to society once again. Reminds me a bit of the Birdcage from Worm but in that case it's more of locking away dangerous Super Villain forever so they are out of everyone's mind. It's definitely an unorthodox solution that's worth its own mini-series to say the least.
Qinlongfei chapter 27 . 7/6/2016
One thing I really like in this story is how it makes subtle changes to Batarians and give them more depth than most other ME fanfics (Although I still think Biomass Effect's portray of Batarian is best, but that's more due to circumstance and can't be replicated unless someone steal Biomass Effect's idea in its entirety). This chapter isn't the best example, but really the subtle change to Batarian start from here.

Instead of the unspoken mandatory large scale slave raid Batarian does to human/humanstandin that over saturate almost every ME story (aside from ones that start out in the middle of the games) and Batarian basically goes:

"New specie? They'll worth a lots of $$ so let's catch'em all! What? Consequence? Who care about consequence, we are the motherfucking Batarians, no way will this up starter beat us! Haha!"

approach almost every writer (I'm very tempted to call them hacks... but I digress) does that clearly have no effort put into the thought process, this chapter start Batarian's reaction to Terran with a probe attack. Launching a small team of Black Ops to try and see if their new weapon is effective against Terran biology or not, and tries to have them pull out as soon as their test run was successful. This really shows they are acting with a brutal cunning which explains how they manage to keep going slave runs even when Council cracks down on them. Of course, they still underestimated how quickly Terran's ability to respond to the probe attack but it feels much more natural how this story progresses.

And I honestly had a good laugh when I see Ed busting out a omni-blade reminiscent to his iconic automail blade. It's even more hilarious when he says: "Gah! I see small people!" consider he spend so much time in FMA grief about his short height. Definitely one of the funniest if not flat out best Easter egg, although personally I'd imagine Winry more as an engineer than a governor consider her love for machine in FMA.
gabe.d.clark.1997 chapter 23 . 7/5/2016
I would assume that Galaxy M51 to be filled with Element Zero, ironically because of a underpowered SDD. If i remember correctly Eezo is created during a supernova, and since it basically caused mini-novas it may have created more than it normally would have (several instead of one).
UltraMickey chapter 9 . 7/4/2016
Read a couple of chapters. Bit too op still. It's a shame, for a story as long as this, I can't get myself to like it.
Qinlongfei chapter 26 . 7/4/2016
It's a good thing this chapter shows what Council is doing in regard to Terran enters their space instead of basically sitting on their seat with their thumb up their ass like most other ME stories where the new comer refuses to join them. Having Terran being about 20-30 meters tall would naturally pushing robotics technology to the forefront and it'll be interesting to see if this new path Council opens themselves up would fare better against Rapers... Although personally I doubt it since they lack Minovasky Particle to scramble extra long range targeting like UC Gundam, or all the bullship unlimited power source all the Super Robot has.

Still if nothing else, Pacific Rim showed western audiance (limited as they are) Mecha combat is freaking awesome and it's a good way to make the over saturated shoot-y-bang-bang in ME story a little more interesting.

I kind of wish the story itself continued a bit more on Council's covert ops (and possibly under the table dealing and secret diplomacy) against Terran since this story feels very abrupt (SPOILER ALERT!) how Council and Terran later ended up all huggy and kissy to the point of making a joint venture ship even with a mixed crew. That's like if in real life equivalent US and Soviet Union suddenly making a joint venture space station and has a mixed crew before Cold War finishes.
UltraMickey chapter 1 . 7/3/2016
60 foot Giants? Smh. Too overpowered already.
Qinlongfei chapter 25 . 6/29/2016
This chapter is both a bit of a shame, yet at the same extremely brilliant. I find this chapter a bit of shame, because I think Quarian was the part of original ME story where the politic worked out brilliantly: They aren't just a bunch of petty politician engaging in a pissing contest like most of the politic involving with the Councilors. Each Admiral has valid points to back up their own point of view even if the player doesn't agree with their view, which to me is good fictional conflict writing at its best. To have such a well written part of ME boiled down to a single easy decision presented in this chapter is nothing short of shame.

But at the same time... how Quarian reaches the 'easy decision' in this chapter is nothing short of brilliant writing in itself both in how natural it is to reach the decision as well as a more clever and subtle way give a lots of depth to both Hayes and Amalgam of Terran as characters.

I'm not sure if this is the original vision... but to me how Amalgam negotiated with Quarian is very different than Hayes negotiated with Council. Where as Hayes was very honest, Amalgam comes off rather psychologically manipulative in this chapter with how he negotiated with Quarian.

While he did announce at the start his ultimate goal is to negotiate peace between Quarian and Geth, he quickly shifts the actual term of the negotiate to letting Quarian return to their home planet. This has the benefit of avoiding the most confrontational part of the negotiation and move it way down to the point where Quarian will naturally accept Geth after achieving co-existence with them through normal everyday life, as well as giving Quarian a deal they can't refuse. By stating the fact of Council's mistreatment of Quarian as well as Live Ships' imminent failure, Amalgam subtly manipulated the Admiral Board down the path that's very advantage to alliance with Terran: At best, Quarian will get back their home planet which is their ultimate dream, at worst even if this is a trap, all they lose are 10,000 of their people, the people who will die anyways when the Live Ships begin to fail and they can't support themselves.

I think the contrast between Hayes and Amalgam's reflect very well of their respective specie: Hayes' human descend of Terran means she's trying to live up to her heritage of fair dealing with alien race, where as Amalgam being Artificial Intelligence means he would naturally follow machine cold logic in the most efficient way of achieving the goal therefore doesn't mind if he uses more morally underhanded tactics in a negotiation (That plus he's not exactly manipulating Quarians down a bad path), which is why I think this chapter is on the other hand extremely brilliant.

After all this is said and done, there's logically no reason for Quarian to refuse the offer and the only thing left for them is to accept it in the way it makes sense for their line of thinking (Really, the only way I can think of for Quarian to refuse is out of callousness and pettiness for Terran sending out an AI member to do the negotiation) and I think this chapter did a good job in showing the response of all the admirals.

In the end while I still think it's a bit of a shame we won't see one of the best part of cannon ME politic at work in this story the alternate is something equally brilliant.