Reviews for Robo Effect
Axccel chapter 14 . 12/3/2021
It always bothered me that we have things like the black storm and the Cain as man-portable weapons but no one built ship-scale ones (or used the first Cain’s ammo design in FTL missiles).

Heck, a ship scale omnitool or freaking ship biotics.
Axccel chapter 12 . 12/3/2021
Because an enemy would totally limit its military strength if you do so.
Axccel chapter 1 . 12/2/2021
Personally, I always ignored the casualties from the orbital bombardment. Humanity was obsessed with the fear of the looming alien invasion and so would definitely have prepared heavily for an orbital bombardment as well as military drafting and economic and industrial preparation for war. They even fought a world war to unite humanity specifically out of fear of a war with aliens. Which made the effectiveness of the bombardment quite shocking and nonsensical to me for both Robotech and Macross. It goes against humanity’s defining activities in the series.
zeen121 chapter 5 . 4/27/2021
Oh and also, why did you double the size of the terrans (compared to the original zentraedi) but left the zentraedi ships the same size? Wouldn't they need to build larger ships to accommodate the doubling in size? Or do they just deal with having the same amount of room for beings twice as big?
zeen121 chapter 5 . 4/27/2021
There's several problems I'm seeing that doesn't really makes any sense.

A problem I see with alot of stories that give humanity (terrans in this case) different drives than mass effect based is that for some reason they use the relays even when it's obsolete. They already shown themselves capable of traveling to nearby galaxies (closest is about 25000 LY from Sol) so they should be capable of exploring their nearby space reasonably fast as to not need the relays as it only turn their territory into swiss cheese. People don't seem to think about how far Shanxi (doubtful it would even be named that to begin with) actually is from Sol and how dumb it would be for them to colonize it instead of something closer. Especially seeing as they are quite capable of living on normally inhospitable planets and can terraform as necessary.

Also given how they were basically diehard isolationist not wanting to leave their star system, why did the relay make them do a complete 180? Now they want to colonize as far from their homeworld as possible instead of systems closer to them? Shanxi is likely to be at least 60LY from Sol (more than likely to be at least 1000LY) and within that there are over 1300 star systems with 133 likely to contain at least one terran-centric planet. With how hardy terrans are, there are likely thousands more that they could colonize. Yet they colonized Shanxi that doesn't even seem to be in the same solar system as a relay so that can't even be used as an excuse to why they found it (and still doesn't explain why the colonized it). The only thing I can think of is that you neuter the fold drive.

The interactions with the turians, both between themselves and between terrans and turains, honestly left much to be desired. I'm not saying that turians aren't capable of making stupid decisions but there's really no excuse for believing that the terrans were batarians. How the fuck do you become a general with such poor reasoning skills? Ships/mechs/transmissions that doesn't match any design and doesn't follow normal ship doctrine? Must be batarians.

And while it's not like the turians can really do much about their situation, they seem way too submissive and happy about what's going on. Like yes hostilities was initiated on their part, but the turians had no idea what the terrans actually wanted with them. News flash, people can lie. They could've just wanted them all on one ship so they can study the other ships without having to fight for it. Could have been deciding to experiment or eat them for all they know. They were even told the turians that the politicians have to decided what's done with the turians, basically invalidated anything they promised as it's not their call in the end.
ImmortalShadyMerchant chapter 21 . 4/10/2021
The citadel council is nothing but a oligarchy
ImmortalShadyMerchant chapter 12 . 4/10/2021
I better not see 60 feet tall council races I mean humanity had to change itself to survive
ImmortalShadyMerchant chapter 9 . 4/10/2021
Do they need the Mass relays I mean they can travel to other galaxies which are over 25 million light years away
ImmortalShadyMerchant chapter 6 . 4/10/2021
They better not join the citadel or imma leave
ImmortalShadyMerchant chapter 5 . 4/10/2021
Asari are nothing more than parasites in my eyes that steal the DNA of other species to advance their species
Vanessa Masters chapter 59 . 11/18/2020
So, now to speak to Javik and hopefully get an idea of what’s happening.
Vanessa Masters chapter 58 . 11/18/2020
She then heard several footsteps, heavy things considering how small the one taking the steps was, pounding into the deck, before Tali stood in front of her.

"You...you raped Jon?!" she demanded, a hint of acid in her voice. Her weapon, such as it was, had been left behind, only her hands pointing an accusing finger towards the bound prothean. Had she been free, Jsalana would have found her easy to take, after all, quarians were light, and she'd already proven she was a match for Tali in hand to hand. Of course, she wasn't free, and she decided not to say anything right away, as she thought over her answer carefully, having to consider the connotation embracing apparently had in this millennium.

"Embracing for my kind is not the same as for the asari. We do not do it to breed, we do it to share our souls. To embrace is to be part of one another. It should have been painless, but apparently Terrans have some kind of mental defenses of which even they are unaware," she explained, staring into the silver orbs of the quarian. Tali, for her part, seemed ready to strangle the prothean, at least until a groaning noise distracted her.

"Jon!" she shouted, rushing to the side of her lover, Jsalana forgotten as she ran. In his floating bed of medigel, Jon slowly awoke, his head pounding, like he'd been on a bender for at least a few days, if not weeks. Soon, the gel lowered to the floor, small vents opening to allow it to pass back into the ship, leaving Jon naked as he lay there. He felt a pair of familiar arms fall around him, and on instinct, hugged Tali back as he slowly rose.

"Vic-to han, drana, Tali," she said, and everything stopped again, as he realized what he'd said was not what he had intended to. Of course, the moment he tried to think about that, he had a headache, a pain almost as bad as the one the Reaper Indoctrination pulse had caused. Those last two thoughts, names for things he shouldn't have known, were drowned out as his brain suddenly felt like it was on fire. Tali, grabbing him as he fell to his knees, had her hand on his chest to keep him from falling forward, while staring daggers at the suspended form of the prothean.

"What is this? What happened to him?!" she demanded, and Jsalana sighed in exasperation.

"I told you, we embraced. His thoughts became mine, and mine became his. He told you he was fine, in the tongue of my people. Obviously, he is not, but I assume he'll recover as I did," she said, remembering the Master's commands in her brain. The Terrans, for whatever reason, had a lot of mental blocks in their heads, and she'd probably set all of them off. Her mind was slowly recovering from them, likely he would as well, but he was not as well designed as she was, so the process would take longer.

Well, that explains that and she’s attached to Javik, ooooh.
Vanessa Masters chapter 57 . 11/18/2020
Dodging no, Jon seemed to dance between blasts, moving closer to throw off the shots, and then ducking away from fists and feet that were reinforced with biotic power. A chambered kick to the gut finally got him though, a knee smashing into his chest hard enough to drive the air from his lungs, before an elbow smashed into him from above, driving him into the deck plates with a wheeze of escaping wind. Jon desperately tried to struggle to his feet, but even as he grunted, the prothean set both his hands on the side of the Terran's face, and then forced their eyes to meet.

The green glow of the prothean's biotics took both of them for a moment, becoming something like a second skin as it spread over the pair, and Jon began to whimper a little. Inside his head, images, thoughts, and emotions flashed. Horror, pain, and death which rivaled and even surpassed everything he'd ever heard about the Robotech Wars played across his brain, while the prothean seemed terrified at what he...she was seeing in Jon's head, before the two were blasted apart with a bang, each sliding to the ground, and leaving the room still.

Like a mind Meld! Wow!
Vanessa Masters chapter 56 . 11/18/2020
At lest the pods ar spared.
Vanessa Masters chapter 55 . 11/18/2020
Well, lucky they got rescued, but a dark day inseed
609 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »