Reviews for Robo Effect
Vanessa Masters chapter 7 . 11/16/2020
"Oh my, your son must have hated that," responded Arus and Shepard just nodded in response, before they both leaned back in their chairs and sighed a bit.

"Ah, children, the greatest joy a parent can have, right?" asked Hannah as she sipped at her water, and Arus nodded.

"I wouldn't trade Garrus and Solana for anything," he admitted, and they sat there in silence for a long moment, mentally enjoying that glow that came from thinking of one's family. When Arus was just about to ask a question regarding Hannah's again, he was interrupted by a loud beeping sound on his wrist. With a flicking motion, a small control board appeared above his hand, and he pressed a few buttons to cause a wall display to turn on, revealing the face of Command Kryik.

"Hmm, it seems you two are doing well," commented the turian in charge, and Arus smiled at him, giving him a quick salute as he rose to his feet, one mirrored by Hannah as she set her water bottle aside and did the same.

"It's been a productive time, Commander. I would gather though, our time is at an end," said Lieutenant Vakarian, causing Nihlus to nod in response.

"We'll be landing on Shanxi in a few minutes, and I would like Mrs. Shepard to come to the bridge, if it wouldn't be too much trouble," said the commander, before the holo folded in on itself and vanished. Looking at that wall for a moment, Shepard sighed and pulled at her clothing, trying to get a few wrinkles out of it as she made her way to the door.

And the Turian s see their first full size Zentraedi. Lol

And Hannah takes Arus to meet her family.
Vanessa Masters chapter 6 . 11/16/2020
"As the deciding vote for this. I say we split the difference. We want to show military force, let us send a cruiser with the turian prisoners on board to the Citadel. Fly the flag, and tell them we will not be bullied. If they insist on a confrontation, it wouldn't take long to Fold in the New Macross, and show them the folly of a war with us," she said, and all three of the men in the room nodded. A cruiser, over a mile in length, was a match for mass with most of the turians' known dreadnaughts designs. It would also be able to provide a direct Fold beacon for the SDF-3 if worst came to worst, and the ensuing gunship rescue would be more than enough to show their might.

"That sounds reasonable. I would, of course, like to send a more peaceful vessel, but if Amalgam is correct, we will need to protect our non-biological citizens from their bigotry," said Breetai, already going over in his head which ship would be appropriate to send.

"Hmm, this information on the treatment of AIs does indeed change many of my own plans. Still, a bit of saber rattling shouldn't provoke them too hard. I should like to accompany the ship personally however. This new technology sounds positively fascinating," said Exedore, pushing a few keys to bring up some of the schematics they'd been able to uncover, including for a so called mass effect engine, something that would improve the speed of a ship in real space by more than an order of magnitude.

"I would feel better sending a command ship, but a cruiser would be less intimidating. I agree to this plan," said Grant after a few chin stroking motions.

"This would satisfy my concerns, as long as the diplomat in charge is aware of the position of the AIs," added Amalgam.

Aaa

Yeah, AI are people!
Vanessa Masters chapter 5 . 11/16/2020
Oh it’s shepard mom not female shepard.

And she meets Garrus dad.

—-

Either wanting to punish a disobedient officer first, or forgetting about his own order, Desolas rounded the command display on Nihlus, walking past several huddled officers, mostly cadets, who had no idea what was going on, or what to do. They all just stared as their captain took aim at their commander, and pulled the trigger again, and this time Nihlus was just a slight second too slow, the round burying itself in the flesh of his leg, just above the foot, and causing him to fall down to the deck with a heavy thud, blood already pouring from the wound.

Desolas walked up to his commander, a gleam in his eye telling everyone on the bridge his intentions, as he took aim at Nihlus' head. Before he could pull the trigger, he was struck from behind, hard, and his vision went black, unconscious before he hit the deck, as behind him stood Lieutenant Vakarian, breathing hard, with a pipe held in his hands. Looking down at the knocked out captain, he just stared for a few moments, then walked over, and offered a hand up to his commander, helping him up, and intending on taking him to the medbay, but Kryik waved him towards the face of the Terran instead, and nodding, Vakarian took him to stand before the alien.

"My name is Command Nihlus Kryik. Captain Arterius has been...relieved of his command. That puts me in charge, and I would ask what your terms of our surrender are, before I accept them," said the turian, hopping on one foot, the flesh of his leg torn, but not truly sundered. It could be healed, if they got him to medical, but for now, as Vakarian helped him stand, others on the bridge rushed around, one grabbing the emergency kit to help her commander, while three others aimed their weapons at the unmoving form of their captain, ready to fire if he made a wrong move.

"We hope that this is temporary, as such, terms of surrender are merely that you accompany us to a colony we have in this system. We'll see about getting some diplomats to meet us there, and then we'll accompany you back to your center of government to establish formal relations," said the Terran simply, and Nihlus nodded at the rather open minded demands. If he had been in Archer's position, he doubted he would have been as fair with his terms.

"We accept those terms, though I must admit, even if you release the door controls, none of the ships in our battle group is equipped for personnel transfer in space," he admitted, and it was the Terran's turn to nod.

—-

Well, I can see Kyrik is going to be more reasonable, so let’s see how this goesz
Vanessa Masters chapter 4 . 11/16/2020
Do you understand me?" asked the turian of the orange tinted image before him. He still wondered why the thing was flat, and intended on asking one of the techs about it later. It probably had something to do with this primitive's system not being able to handle full holo displays.

"I think I do, can you understand me?" responded the mammal, her words slurred a bit, almost like a krogan on a full drunken bender, but at least at the level where one knew what they were saying if one listened closely.

"Excellent. Now identify yourself," said the stone faced turian with the air of a man used to being obeyed, his mandibles starting to move in and out in an irritated fashion.

"My name is Jonathan Archer, Captain of the Terran Federation Starship, Phoenix. Whom my I inquire are you?" asked the thing in the floating square.

"My name Desolas Arterius, Captain of the Turain Hierarchy Vessel, Talons. It is now my duty to inform you that you and your crew are under arrest for violating Council Edict forty six stroke seventy three. Your ship is to match velocities with my command ship, and upon setting up a connection, we will take your crew on board, where we will interrogate them, to see if any farther action will be necessary," this was said in the same voice as before, and the turian just seemed to stare at the mammal in the image before him, waiting for her to answer.

—-

Ugh. The council would not approve of that, and its wrong to charge them with a law from a community their not a part of and didn’t know about.
Vanessa Masters chapter 3 . 11/16/2020
Oooooh and now the contact wars. Yikes.
Vanessa Masters chapter 2 . 11/16/2020
Oooh female shepard in crossover fic. Often it’s male shepard, interesting.

First contact!
Vanessa Masters chapter 1 . 11/16/2020
Awesome recap of a shwo from my childhood!
shypunk chapter 4 . 1/17/2020
well inst this fic just a bundle of awesome
JaphetSkie chapter 28 . 1/7/2020
Aight, there's like a FMA, Ace Combat, and an SCP Foundation reference so far.
Twylyte chapter 59 . 7/9/2019
Awesome story. I really like how you merged these disparate settings, and then had the fact Terrans are so different from canon humanity actually change things on a grand scale, instead of things somehow being exactly the same as the start of ME1.

I hope you continue this some day, I'd love to read more.
-Twy
TheOldMasters chapter 59 . 6/24/2019
I really do miss this story. You've put a lot of effort into melding the two stories together.
Wherever you are, I hope your creative and worldbuilding skills and your passion are serving you as well as they did here.
Guest chapter 42 . 2/16/2019
"Die, monster! You don't belong on this world!"

%_%
sonic chapter 59 . 2/4/2019
I liked the chapter!
Ilireanwri chapter 59 . 11/15/2018
This story is very, very good and interesting. I like how you've mixed the Robotech and Mass Effect Universes, but I think it's a bit strange how much knowledge the Reapers have on the Robotech-Technologie which isn't ME based (all of the Reapers tech is ME based just to a much higher degree than any cycles... I think that's one reason they only wait 50000 years: to prevent others from outdoing them). Interesting idea to have more Protheans around and much earlier in the story... I'm curious how they will take to no longer being the top dogs.
I really hope you'll eventually continue this story.
amerdism chapter 59 . 3/6/2018
This story is amazing, plain and simple, very unique, I don’t think any other has taken such a concept with the macross series, Hannah Shepard is my favourite character so far, hope to see a lot more of her, originally I though she was the main Shepard, but now I think it’s the Shepard family as a whole? I love seeing how the Terrans interact with micronian races, it’s not something you actually see a lot in either canon or other fanfics. So when’s the next chapter going up? Soon I hope.
609 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 .. Last Next »