Reviews for Deal with a Devil
Ivarr chapter 31 . 4/12
You take care of yourself. That is more important.
Steve-Arkarian chapter 32 . 3/31
This was a good story but you definitely "ended" it in a way that I hate. When people decide that they're not going to finish a story and they abandon it or whatever I really hate that they mark the story as complete, it is NOT complete! Do not label it as so. Also in the summary you should write that it has been abandoned. I know that you said another author picked it up which is great, but that should also be in the summary. This story is long and has been abandoned but has been picked up and who picked it up. Not a regular summary and marking the story is complete it's bullshit!
Steve-Arkarian chapter 27 . 3/31
How would the Gryffindors and the Weasleys even know that it was because of Harry that Ginny got sent home?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 14 . 3/30
Since Lash toxin his mind and she's been there for a couple years now why does Harry never talk to her in his mind instead of out loud? And he couldn't talk to her during certain times because people were around yet in his classes he talked to her? Wouldn't the people sitting around him have heard that? That makes no sense.
Allhailthesith chapter 15 . 2/19
Just fucking leave already, damn
Allhailthesith chapter 9 . 2/19
What the actual fuck author? Fuck hogwarts
khatre chapter 16 . 2/12
No where in any book or in any movie is there ANY evidence of anti Slytherin prejudice.
It simply does not exist.
The anti Slytherin thing exists in fan fictions only. I REALLY wish this trope would die ... in fire ...
khatre chapter 13 . 2/12
A good person sacrifices of himself for others.
A bad person sacrifices others for himself.
At no point in 7 books does Dumbledore EVER sacrifice of himself for anyone Especially Harry.
Instead he sacrifices Harry for Himself and Others.
This is NOT the actions of a good person or even an OK one. It is the actions of an Evil one.
khatre chapter 12 . 2/12
His desire for acceptance and respect from the ONE person who has shown him ANY kind of love is Obviously a sign of enough ambition to be placed in the house of snakes ...
...
?
Bullshit!
Marcus Rowland chapter 24 . 1/10
Re "a story where Lockhart really is as good as he claims and does go on the kinds of adventures that leave behind a trail of dead mooks and broken hearts wherever he goes" try Patron by Starfox5 - it's not a major part of the story and the world of the story is VERY AU, but Lockhart really is more or or less as good as he says he is. Still a bit of a glory-hound though. I think he's also used the idea in a couple of his other stories, most notably Petunia Evans, Tomb Raider but I may be remembering wrong, I don't have time to check right now.
RightWrong chapter 18 . 12/30/2020
I was deeply disappointed with this chapter. You are painting yourself into a horrible corner and then I looked at the titles of future chapters and saw you abandoned it. I am not surprised, but I’m still disappointed.

Your writing is excellent, your logic is good, but you ARE railroading the characters. Yes, they COULD act the way they do based on their experiences but they don’t HAVE to. Just like you hand waved the pirate / slave / being a moron trauma away to send him to fight vampires (wtf?!) , where the FAR more likely scenario is that he’d be too scared & traumatized from his near-death to want to help her friend unless he brought in SERIOUS backup, and even then he’d be afraid, you didn’t HAVE to isolate him from the one person who would have stood by him.

You could easily have concocted scenes where he helps Hermione in spite it not being ‘wise’ to ‘fit in’ with the people he DOESNT want to fit in with anymore.

With this new setup he would have noticed her missing and could have rescued her. That would have led to some interesting scenarios. But more importantly, it does not lead to harry hates everyone and everyone hates harry.

Now that I know it’s abandoned I think I’m going to give it a miss on further chapters :( I’m really sorry, I thought this story had amazing fun potential :( , and your writing is great, a real pleasure to read. Oh well.
BlazeStryker chapter 21 . 12/30/2020
&*(%T&*(O&*O)*)&P&*)&*)P&*(_{ &(_{*&*(_T*)R%T&(
BlazeStryker chapter 15 . 12/30/2020
KILL HOGWARTS!
BlazeStryker chapter 14 . 12/30/2020
Normally I would be chanting KILL ALBUS in the face of yet another MOB!Dumbledore.

It's policy.

Now? Now I want Harry to...

One of the books I read as a younger man was about a number of priests in a seminary and a number of total klutzes that wanted to do them harm for having been kicked out of said seminary years before. There was a lot in that tale but one story was about how a student had answered the test question of what to do if you're holding Mass and a squirrel or raccoon darts in, takes the Host out of your hand, then departs the church.

In case you never came across this, the Sacrarium is a pipe from the bottom of the baptismal font into the ground. It's simply a reverent way to dispose of the waters used for anointment. One student in that book I mentioned had answered that, should a critter take the Host from him in Mass, he'd burn the church down and wash the ashes down the sacrarium.

That's what I want Harry to do with Hogwarts here.
ArkhCthuul chapter 31 . 12/25/2020
While I am sorry you did not continue, health always ALWAYS comes first.

I hope you didn't get too much additional depression over not continuing, as someone who also suffers from that, I know how easy it is to. Fall into that trap.
2,578 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »