Reviews for Deal with a Devil
Thanks for writing! I also really appreciate your being candid about discontinuing the story.
Cheers for the heads up. Good luck man
The arithmancer chapter 31 . 6/26
I'm glad you put your health ver the story, and am sorry it took other people's safety to make you do it (choosing our own health is always harder). Good luck with your 80 hour weeks, and with achieving a career you can love, and thrive in. :)
dveth chapter 8 . 6/22
At this point, Harry is 9 years old with less than a year of magical training. The fact that he's able to sneak into a vampire lair, kill a vampire, and rescue 3 people along the way shows how disgustingly stupid and inept every other being in the Harry Potter universe is compared to him. By the time he's an adult, he'll be the single most powerful being in that entire universe. It's unrealistic and completely unbelievable. If I didn't have hope that the author would forget all this and pretend it never happened later on in the story, I'd stop reading right now.

Here's hoping it gets better.
jon reeve chapter 4 . 6/19
"Author's Note"

/I had the same exact thoughts concerning the black magic of the Dresden-Verse when I read those parts. Morality is often difficult for writers to inject, especially when their own characters prove the opposite true, or at least prove that the opposite is possible
jon reeve chapter 1 . 6/19
/I like this beginning. Few actually used his first apparition effectively, in my opinion.
Numbet1ebaystoregmail chapter 30 . 6/17
Enjoyed this story alot
Axcel chapter 31 . 6/17
I thought the heir attacks and the closure was quite creative and new. Not to mention the many openings that gives including ways to re-open the place. You had basically (thanks to the backstory you have developed throughout this fic) have a goldmine of potential available to you. Besides, most readers aren't here to re-read the Harry Potter novels.
Axcel chapter 28 . 6/17
A missing liver is quickly fatal. You said there had been no fatalities.
Numbet1ebaystoregmail chapter 26 . 6/17
Things seem more logical in your story than the original potter universe.
Axcel chapter 26 . 6/17
Harry doesn't have to get Lockheart arrested. Character assassination is good enough and his actions will get antidote to the afflicted and financially ruin the asstard.
Axcel chapter 24 . 6/17
Well, technically, White Court feeds on life-force through using emotions as a vector. Each family in the Court uses a different emotion. The Raith family feeds on lust (not even sure if they can feel it themselves, really, or if that would be like eating yourself) and one of the others whose name I forgot uses fear.
Axcel chapter 20 . 6/17
I don't understand why Lash didn't use Voldemort's mental connection to obliterate the bastard's mind and soul and reach out with Thaumaturgy to destroy his Horcruxes too. She IS an angel, however weakened and she is still basically a god compared to any human, matter how powerful. She is also made of soulfire. My argument could also apply to when she destroyed the Horcrux in Harry in the first chapter, but the psychic attack in this chapter is more blatant.
Axcel chapter 16 . 6/17
When the missing children are gathered by their families, no doubt the families will go personally to the police and have quite the loud rant to bash with. Ending with the woman who hung up being fired and possibly arrested for obstruction of justice or even aiding and abetting (since she now knew of the crime since the children told her) or whatever the British equivalent is. That is a pleasant thought. Of course, she and her history and records would need to be investigated and she would need to be questioned and every recorded call she has answered will need to be reviewed. After all, if she ignored a bunch of children saying they had been kidnapped then what else has she dismissed?

If she claims that she had no reason to believe the children when they claimed to have been kidnapped by monsters, anyone and everyone would easily tear her to shreds by saying that any child would call someone who kidnapped them a "monster".
Axcel chapter 14 . 6/17
I'm surprised Harry didn't harshly tell Susan and Hannah to shut up and stay out of it. That it is private and they don't know what they are talking about. Even this Harry has a dangerous temper, like canon Harry, so that is what I had expected of him.

In any case, if the people he saved are so ungrateful, they don't deserve to have been saved. I hope he tells them to their faces that he regrets rescuing them since they have clearly shown they don't deserve it. They have betrayed him, and whatever horrible fate awaited them is still better than what traitors deserve.
2,373 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »