Reviews for The Silk Thread
riversgirl75 chapter 14 . 23h
So I’ve waited to read this chapter until I could re-read the last few, to remind myself of the plot etc. (I read a lot of fic and I confuse storylines between updates sometimes!)
This was brilliant! I cannot wait for more! The fact that Hermione has the locket is perfect. I felt uncomfortable for Viktor, but this is the Draco you’ve created and his reaction fits. And the Ritual was stunning!
Lookin forward to what's next!
RaseyafromRavenclaw chapter 14 . 6/17
Holy shit this is a story.
"We're fourth in line," Ginny whispered; the resentment clear in her eyes. "If the entire Malfoy family were to die in the war."

Jesus Christ, what the actual fuck, Ginny?! The fact that her mind even unconsciously went towards killing Hermione, who is supposedly her friend, is fucking appalling. What an utter cunt. Seriously, poor, poor Harry :( he deserves so much more than such a spiteful, vindictive witch for a wife. Hope there's some way around their betrothal...

As for Draco and Hermione, I really liked having tears as the sacrifice. The whole ritual and being tied to the Earth was really interesting and not something I've read very often in fanfics. And Draco making sure Viktor Krum knew Hermione was HIS was glorious. But for their eventual children, is it possible that Hermione could look back in her family tree for witches or wizards or squibs? So that their children's rule isn't threatened? Maybe her mum was a squib whose pureblood family obliviated her and sent her away when they found out she didn't have magic? Or she's got a Prewett or a Selwyn for a great-grandparent? Also interested to see the story behind Luna's mum...if Pandora was pureblood, then if Luna and Harry had children, they would be doubly tied to the Malfoys just like if he and Ginny had kids, so there, Mrs. Weasley! Also:

"Frankly, Charlie barely knew his new Queen—as Mrs. Malfoy or as Hermione Granger—so he didn't care as a personal matter. But he was a man of honor, and it prickled his sense of family pride that his family had practically taken the girl in and hadn't gone to support her in her greatest shining moment. It simply didn't sit right on his Weasley honor, and it was clear by the edge in his tone."

Charlie is awesome for realizing his family's misstep in not supporting someone they claim as family. Hope to see more of him! Maybe because of the whole Dragon prophecy?
Harry and Hermione in this chapter :) :) :) gah, I just want to give Harry a huge hug for being Hermione's family first. So glad he didn't decide to betray her. Seems Remus didn't learn a damn thing from why happened with Sirius. But ugh, I want better for Harry than for him to be stuck with Ginny. Not that Ginny's terrible or anything, but Harry deserves more. Hope he can find someone who makes him feel as alive and on fire as Hermione and Draco do to each other. Maybe Daphne if he comes across her helping some of the Carrows' victims?
katelynnwho chapter 14 . 6/8
love this so much!
Wynter Phoenix chapter 14 . 6/5
Loved it!
DutchScorRosefan chapter 6 . 6/4
Intense stuff, they love to hate, good premise!
Draco giving fashion advice to Hermione gives me life
garciamonique2011 chapter 14 . 6/2
Wow. I would never have thought that I would enjoy this kind of dark fic but I do. In some ways I enjoy the ruthless Draco who will do anything for him and his and the strong-willed, selfish Hermione. It makes her more Human, knowing she’s not perfect and still loves her murdering Death Eater husband. She’s as much a part of it all as Draco is. This story has sucked me in and I’m dying to read what happens next.
astronomicallll chapter 14 . 6/1
I absolutely loved this chapter! I was ecstatic to see it was updated.
mrslara2112 chapter 14 . 5/30
That was amazing! I love this whole new element feels like a whole other story. I had to reread the whole story to understand what was going on but it made sense seeing the whole picture.
A consolidated review.
Why is your Hermione behaving like Bella Swan of Twilight? She has done nothing in the story so far. Has been totally useless and yet has men fighting over her?
She has put Harry on some pedestal of pure perfection when even the Canon Hermione never felt so.
Does she not know that there is a difference between loving someone and being in a relationship with them?
Moreover she chose to marry Draco for her own selfish reasons. She is the one who married into the Dark side and yet throws around her holier-than-thou attitude. She thinks that her daily dose of lecturing on right & wrong will simply transform Draco into something she wants. Someone like Harry. Which is honestly insulting. Its disconcerting to read her constant comparisons of the two men.
Kindly make her do something useful soon. Nobody likes a bystander Hermione. Bring out her logical side and cleverness. Not this double-standard blubbering mess.
Draco is already too far gone into the darkness. Even when he wants the light side to win he can't seem to draw a line somewhere for himself. A happily ever-after seems like a dim possibility here.
D&H throw around the L-word like its nothing. Their relationship actually didn't require such confessions. Not yet. Not at all.
Soooooo happy with this update. I can't express how good this story is and how talented a writer you are. Just so intense! Please don't leave us hanging too long next time.
Beauty Eclipsed chapter 14 . 5/26
I loved this chapter. It made me go back and start reading it from the beginning again.
moodygoody chapter 14 . 5/26
Love it! Every part of it! Love love love to you, author! In our own community ritual of update and review