Reviews for The Philosopher's Red Herring
KnowInsight chapter 2 . 9/24
Omg Nick put Albus in time out. I laughed ao hard at that. Great story I look forward to more.
Dr Stranger chapter 2 . 9/20
This has a fun and promising premise, please keep it going.

One thing you may want to be careful of though is keeping to a tone. Nicholas has shown hints of having a very hard edge, which is both fine and is consistent with what I think most people would expect from the character. However the tone of the story outside of that thus far has been fairly light, and keeping that tone may be difficult once Nicholas starts reacting to the things he doesn't like. Already I wouldn't be selling life insurance to the Dursleys.
soccersack chapter 2 . 8/19
Good start - I reckon it has potential!
elej chapter 1 . 8/18
awesome premise! And good idea with polyjuice for immortality. poor lockheart, how much of his hair did he lose?
Tovath chapter 2 . 8/12
Interesting! I don't think I have seen this premise before.
Lioness1988 chapter 1 . 8/12
Brill. I can hardly wait to see where you take this adventure.
This is a great and imaginative idea for a story and I am looking forward to seeing where you go with it!
please continue this! flamel as lockhart is an interesting new storyline! and your writing and grammar is fantastic, i can read without constantly dis-ciphering stuff. ha.

silvermiawolf
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 7/30
Awesome start! Dumbledore needs more than a time out! Hope Nicholas figures out the abuse.
Fayanora chapter 2 . 7/28
This is hilarious! Too bad it's dead. :(
Inoeth chapter 2 . 7/24
Well, this story is just plain fun. I really like the idea of a super competent and intelligent person training Harry and making him think before rushing headlong into action... Harry and Ron flying a car to school was really fun, and the kind of thing that a clueless headstrong child would do, but so stupid in hindsight, and it doesn't take much to realize it's a bad idea...

I know this isn't going to be worked on frequently, but it certainly is amusing and has great potential, so long as you make Voldimort and other Death Eaters equally more competent, intelligent and rational... I'm very curious to see how you play this out given Riddle's Diary and all the Heir of Slythern/Chamber of Secrets stuff, not to mention any actions Primary Riddle might be up to... and other things like the potential to snuff out Pettegrew, the corruption in the ministry, etc...

I'd love to see more of this story.
Smutley Do-Wrong chapter 1 . 7/20
If meant literally (and if euphemistically it still is a "WTF?"), do not understand what the mythical Baba Yaga has any relevancy here.
This is just out of left field odd: "It will have to be in secret, though. Baba Yaga will have my head if I interfere in the affairs of mortals openly."

Mortals? Particularly with YOUR Flamel being mortal. Not as if he's some obvious supernatural being AND disciple of some elevated to god status, Yaga character.
Why would a real Baba Yaga care? If in secret because others, like Dumbledore would care, then why not say so, why some decapitated by Baba remark?

Additionally, but an actual WEIRD wtf fact: “Yaga” likely feminine diminutive of Jadwiga , Slavic of Germanic name Hedwig.
Pythagorean chapter 2 . 6/18
I like the set-up of the story, and your prose as always, and I'll be sure to follow this in the future.
However if I may provide a feedback, I found Harry's character changing too suddenly here - not to mention too rationally for a 12 year old kid.
You mention Flamel's warning in passing but it really needed a set-up, and even then I think it would be stretching it.
A more natural flow, in my opinion, would have been Harry and Ron taking the car like in canon, and then Flamel getting angry at Harry and impressing him the seriousness of his mission.
Or this could have happened in the infirmary - like Harry's memories seem to suggest - but it really needs to happen before, for the reader to see it established.
Other than that, keep up the good work and please continue this - but Lady Archimedes comes first!
Drollittle chapter 2 . 6/16
Interesting! I wonder what Flamel will teach Harry. It's funny/awkward to imagine a bunch of teenagers flirting with their attractive 600-year-old teachers.
Dalmasio chapter 2 . 6/14
Oh my, I thought this was going to be a oneshot, glad to read a follow-up, I hope you'll continue this!