Reviews for Hearing is Believing
Nancy CuddleKitten Nickeson chapter 10 . 10/25/2010
So sad. D:
aminta112 chapter 10 . 7/23/2007
How what a great story! I love the phantom of the opear so much I wished he was real too! Great story, please update soon.
Olive Hue chapter 10 . 12/2/2005
DANG it, I wish you would update this! I know it's been forever, and I don't hold much more than a sliver of hope that you'll continue, but come on! You left us with the worst cliffhanger EVER, you cruel puppetmaster, you! That Phantom laugh...

Okay, I'm going to level with you. It's really freaking hard to pick up a story when you haven't worked on it for years. Believe me, I know. I didn't update a story for almost two years. My dear, sweet reviewers, who never gave up on me, have termed it the Great Hiatus. But now I'm back, and I've finished the story I almost gave up on, and you can, too! I strongly urge you, don't give up. This is an amazing story, and I'd hate to see it abandoned.

If you ever come back, I'll be here to review.

-Waki
Kathy.L chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Hey! where's the update this story is so good and such a cliffhanger I want to know what happens so please update and soon!
Idril Silmaril chapter 10 . 9/21/2005
Although I have seen that you have put alot of effort into this story, I am inclined to agree with Rachel the Demon and the anonymous one Hm. It is a sorry tale, partially because you have no grasp of writing and also because your character is very much a MARY SUE. It is appalling when people force eons of misfortune on their characters in order to make others like them. And, it doesn't work. I had no compassion whatsoever throughout this story and have no desire to continue reading it. If you get any more flames like mine, I suggest you shold remove it from the site to eliminate any more 'unwanted but HELPFUL" criticisms.
elvinscarf chapter 10 . 2/28/2005
OMG SO GOOD!
elvinscarf chapter 10 . 2/28/2005
OMG SO GOOD!
Daewen98 chapter 10 . 2/21/2005
Wow...plz write more soon.
Willow Rose chapter 10 . 1/6/2005
Excellent! Bravo, mademoiselle. Please continue!
pirateANDelf chapter 10 . 12/29/2004
this story is REALLY GOOD!

I'M IN LOVE WITH ERIK!

AND I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN!

Finish this story so that i know what happens

...its getting so good i cant wait! -
Hmm chapter 1 . 1/21/2004
I just read the first chapter and I have to ask: Does your character really need all this emotinal baggage? The fact that she's an abused child is enough. The rest just makes her into an unrealistic caricature: She's already getting tossed around by her father. Your story's reasoning for it adds unnecessary weight to her plight while remaining a flimsy explanation. It seems a bit of a jump from him disapproving of his daughter's dancing lessons to blaming her for his wife's death and beating her for it. He would've had to have been a volatile person from the beginning - volatile enough to make his wife fear his wrath. In that case she likely wouldn't have let her daughter take the forbidden dancing lessons in the first place, and THEN where would your story be?
Then to add to the baggage, she's "pretty, sweet, smart, and friendly," yet she's a scapegoat at school "for no particular reason"? Piling all that angst on top of angst makes it feel as if you're forcing the reader to feel sorry for this girl. All it does is make her into a Mary Sue, and it makes people not want to read any further.
You're already pretty far into this fic, so you probably have no desire to make any changes to your character. But next time, lay off the angst. It can easily go over-the-top, and your story can suffer from it.
Mission Aborted chapter 10 . 1/20/2004
As a Phantom of the Opera fan of at least 12 years of my current 22, I am, for lack of a nicer term, insulted by this.
Just from the author's note, I think it's obvious what's going on. "There is some fiction stuff in there?" If I want a documentary of how a fangirl got into Phantom of the Opera, I'll go check the entertainment section of the New York Times. The writing is better quality there.
First, there are things called pronouns and labels in the English language to avoid excessive naming. Please, use them. I do not need to see "Kat" more than 20 times in the space of a few paragraphs. I already know the character's name. You don't need to remind me.
As for her...
She is not a character. She is a glorified representation of fandom. In other words, a blatant, glaring Mary Sue. If you feel the need to create an avatar to live out a fantasy with a favorite character through the written word, the least you can do is make them interesting. An abusive father, indifferent stepmother, and a whole school who hates "pretty, sweet, smart, and friendly" Mary Sue is not interesting. It is a cheap ploy to get the audience to sympathize with her. And for us jaded readers out there, it doesn't work.
Stemwinder chapter 10 . 7/14/2003
KAT!

Oh good gosh, it's about TIME she heard Erik for real! Oh gosh, it IS Erik, isn't it? Is this the miracle I had been hoping for?

I just re-read the whole story (was offline for a few months and trying to catch up with everything all at once) and was glad to see there was more of this, and I cried all over again! Please please PLEASE continue!
Jessica Strunk chapter 10 . 6/3/2003
Oh, my God, I am trying to keep from crying in front of everone at the library! Especialy since I relate very well, though I got to keep my voice yet was denied any contact with "Phantom". You must update this! If not for your sake or Erik's, then for everyone who knows what it is to suffer and still be forced to go on. I want you to know, I don't pity you if the stuff you wrote really was all about you, because Erik hates pity, but, I do know almost exactly how you feel. Write on, this story is AWESOME though nearly as sad as that of our beloved angel of music:(
Izzy chapter 10 . 4/17/2003