Reviews for Heart and Flesh
Quintain Apprentince of Alduin chapter 2 . 7/1/2015
Wait... both Shepard and Harbinger were hit by the warp. Wouldn't that mean Harbinger is coming too?
ShuzoKubo chapter 1 . 5/16/2015
Review for: Heart and Flesh

Thankfully this happens to be a cannon(s) I'm familiar with, so hopefully you'll be able to find my review especially useful.

Beginning: A very solid combination of the "Apocalypse Wow" and "Godzilla Threshold" tropes. By having the story open up it the latter of the two situation; it makes readers think "If things are already this bad... then what could happen from here?" and keep reading onto the end. The descriptive depiction of the situation was also well imagine such that it allowed me to imagine what was going on as if I had never played the ME Trilogy.

Dialogue: The conversation between your Sheppard and Harbinger seemed very natural... or at least as natural as a human that's been taken to the cleaners and a narcissistic, sociopath, and genocidal robot can get.

Character: Your depiction of Harbinger was as short as this chapter is accurate to the nature of his character. Your Sheppard stayed true to the personality traits all Sheppards are based off of in the ME universe, but at the same time there's nothing to make her stand out from other fan-fic incarnations of Sheppard. I will admit however that could only be because of the length of the chapter.

Pace: It was a nice variation on the equivalent scene in ME3, otherwise the pacing was as expected of a dramatic situation such as this.

Ending: Starting with an apparent narrow escape from death and end with what appears to be a very apparent case of "Death is only a matter of time" is a very solid way to build up anticipation for the next chapter and drama. I approve.

Enjoyment: It was enjoyable enough to get me read through to the end, however it didn't move me either. I'm not saying this to put you down as your chapter starts on very solid ground, however it's missing that unique trade-mark aspect of it. If you can find than, then you'll draw readers to this fic like lambs to a slaughter... metaphorically speaking of course.
mad thought chapter 2 . 5/9/2015
wonder where this goes, good luck
A Markov chapter 2 . 5/8/2015
This cleaned up very well. Love the imagery, love the interaction with Legion. You're doing well, grasshopper.

-Alex
A Markov chapter 1 . 4/24/2015
Your unpolished drivel was pretty good to start with. You took my observations and suggestions and ran with them. This turned out really good. Looking forward to working on the rest of this with you. I just hope you don't outgrow me before we get to the end because then I won't get to see the chapters early!

-Alex.