Reviews for Tournament? Triwizard? Sure
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
*radiates love*
Deathmvp chapter 2 . 8/21/2016
This story was done great. I loved how you did it. Posted from phone
NoSugarForValdez chapter 1 . 8/13/2016
heh. I see what you did there. It'll help in the LONG RUN... because 5 laps around the lake is a LONG ways to RUN...
SallyPejr chapter 2 . 8/6/2016
I really really like your story. And your Sal.
(And your PPS made me laugh. And I have no idea why...)
GBTtown chapter 2 . 8/4/2016
Great story!
Help Slytherin's image? How about a chain of fast food treacle tart shops? Sal's Tasty Treacle!
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 7/28/2016
Great story. I'm glad you had Harry and Cedric work together and both survive. Sal really came through for our boys. I loved that they transfigured the DEs into wooden blocks. HeHe

I'm glad you gave Amelia a prominent role in the plot to oust Fudge. They all did a good job of keeping Dumbledore from derailing the important plans, too. The man is a meddling control freak. He is also incredibly arrogant, assuming no one can truly get rid of Riddle without his input. Another thing I've noticed about Dumbledore is that any magic he can't or won't use, hasn't heard of, or doesn't understand is automatically labeled Dark. That apparently eliminates a lot of the older spells used by the Founders, Merlin, etc.

The way Dumbledore has "managed" Hogwarts during his tenure as Headmaster makes it seem as though he is trying to weaken the fabric of British magical society. History, potions, and DADA are poorly and ineffectively taught, and Muggle Studies is so out of date as to be a joke. While it may not seem important on the surface, failure to understand the nonmagical world makes wizards more likely to violate the Statute of Secrecy ... and THAT is important. Poorly taught potions classes mean fewer new Healers and Aurors, and bad DADA teachers equal citizens who can't defend themselves. I'm sure there is an agenda there. I wonder what it is.

I wonder what Snape would say if he heard Sal's opinion of Harry's potions skills. Would he believe it, or would he just suffer a massive stroke?

About the Omake ... Quite honestly, I think Hermione needs a reality check. She should be on probation herself for believing Harry was lying about entering as well as insinuating that he was incapable of training on his own. She can never just own her errors and say, "Yep, I guess I really blew it, huh? Can you forgive me?" Instead, she goes into a big explanation about how the evidence justified her conclusions, or responses, or what have you, and attempts to justify what she did that was wrong. Somehow, too, it is always seems to be Harry's fault that she made those errors in judgment in the first place. (If you ever saw When Harry Met Sally, you are probably familiar with the whole "High Maintenance Woman" discussion. In some incarnations, especially when it concerns her ego, Hermione is definitely a HMW.)

Anyway ... Great story!
Masked By Obsidian chapter 2 . 7/13/2016
Why not just put Salazar's Portrait in a public place, so everyone could talk to him? Furthermore, all those books... why not just copy down the safe information and sell it for millions of Galleons as SALAZAR'S OWN WORK will get all the Purebloods running. If the work says NOTHING on Muggleborns and such, then on what basis should the Purebloods think that Salazar hated Muggleborns? Have the Daily Prophet interview Salazar's portrait, and such.
Also... more rights for House Elves? Please? Harry has to stop corruption and whatnot, right...?
As long as it's not named SPEW... But Harry was neglected, so he really should care about House-Elves, right?
Kiyoriwhy chapter 1 . 7/8/2016
This is so good and I LOVE IT! Especially like the part about Harry and Cedric's friendship and I'm so happy he survived. Really hope there's more about Salazar... ( I found this story when searching for Salazar fan fictions) ( secretly hoping Salazar come to life again) anyways it is AWESOME and thank you for this story 3
Shadowdog11 chapter 1 . 6/24/2016
I hate when Harry is all "yeah we can be cool old man..." That said, good quick story!
LtsHrIt4ThBoyz chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
OMG; This story was totally awesome! I would simply LOVE to see some more stories, done in the same vein: Smart!Harry, Resourceful!Harry, Determined!Harry, etc. I also love seeing the CoS utilized for more than housing a thousand year old Basilisk!
I *know*, everybody seems to WORSHIP Rowling, but let me put this in perspective for you: I'm a 54 year old, rabidly voracious bibliophile, whose main addictions are Fantasy & Sci-Fi. I got my first Library card at 4 years of age and had devoured, very nearly, every fantasy story about magic and witchcraft on offer, between the Town library and school. I fell in love with Mythology, when I was 8 YEARS OLD and, immediately discovered Shakespeare for younger readers, meaning it was translated into more modern English. I began reviewing books for our, fairly large, city library when I turned 12 years old. Not only children's and young adult's literature, either, but there's no need for age restrictions on Fantasy & Sci-Fi, in a Public Library, either. So, suffice it to say, that I feel more than qualified to state that, in my considered opinion, your 'one shot' ranks, head and shoulders, above anything that has written! It has more heart, intelligence, logic, strength of character, compassion, and inventiveness than Rowling ever thought to write!
Here's a secret that I noted, the one and only time I read the HP books 1-6 (I had to force myself to read books two thru six, but I kept thinking, 'There's got to be SOME REDEEMING value, in these books, somewhere or why else would they be selling like they are!' But. There's. NOT!): She STOLE every Magical and Fantasy trope, character, etc., from out of the vast WORLD of Fantasy and Sci-Fi and built a really crappy 'Quest' around it. That's not a BAD thing. Read Orson Scott Card's 'Enchantment', if you want to read an incredible 'Re-Do' of 'Sleeping Beauty'! IT'S fantastic and VERY ADULT!
So stealing characters and plot elements from other stories isn't the problem, but hanging it all together with TWO DIMENSIONAL villains along with GAPING plot WOUNDS (not holes), while SHOWCASING a CAVALIER ATTITUDE TOWARDS UNMITIGATED, UNRELIEVED, and UN-REMEDIED CHILD ABUSE should be a CRIME!
There's plenty of cases of child abuse and WORSE, throughout literature; The Brother's Grimm and 'Hansel & Gretel' are prime examples, but the children are SAVED or save themselves and are then GIVEN SUCCOR and the 'ABUSERS' GET PUNISHED! Period. This crap of dragging Harry through SEVEN damn books of horror, loss, bullying, child abuse, and oblivious and/or contemptuous and/or manipulative adults is beyond unbelievable and falls squarely into the 'roll your eyes' idiotic!
Okay, I'm climbing my arthritic, old ass down, off the soapbox!
But, I just want to say, please keep writing this kind of terrifically imaginative, intelligent, and sophisticated story and I'll sing your praises to the moon and back! You have a rare talent and gift; please use it?!
Thank YOU!
MelJ
agnar chapter 1 . 6/14/2016
Mostly a good fic but, there were a few issues and mistakes.

It's set in 4th year so Hermione wasn't a prefect yet, so Harry was only sitting with, at most, two prefects, Cedric and Cho.

Again, 4th year, Harry has NEVER met Kingsley Shacklebolt. He might know an Auror when he sees one due to uniform, but not his name. So that bit after the maze was a mistake.

The 2nd task scoring was screwed up in my opinion. Harrys team got a bare few points more despite making it in less than half the time of the other 2 teams and no injuries! 20 minutes! And they got almost the same score as the Durmstrang team? That is bull, the judges were far too generous to Krum's team I think.

I get that Maxime and Karkaroff were both biased for their champions, but too often it seemed like the other judges scoring was odd. Crouch sometimes taking too little or too much and so on. But the 2nd task was especially odd.

Also odd each contestant got their own score in the 1st task but they got a team score apparently in the 2nd.
rowenasheir chapter 2 . 6/6/2016
Snape said HP was his only family... Outtake SS and baby Lily? Having a son named after him?
Guest chapter 2 . 5/25/2016
All Ron did was not talk to Harry so this Ron just yelling and calling nAme is bashing
katmom chapter 2 . 5/13/2016
Thank you for sharing this fun story with us. I loved all the common sense! Well done!

Kathie
Hektols chapter 1 . 5/2/2016
Excellent idea to have Harry demanding a pseudo-test to prove that he had nothing to do with his name in the cup and then his idea to have more participants from the other schools, it's strange that they didn't demanded it in the original.
169 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 .. Last Next »