Reviews for Leaves of Grass
1.6180339887498948482045868 chapter 7 . 2/1
This is definitely one of my top 10 naruto fics. Absolutely loved it. I laughed frequently at Katsumi's antics. I really love Katsumi and her mother. I can totally empathize with Chiyoko. I also like how Katsumi needles Kashi-kun. Yeah, he's lost his father and he's in a lot of pain, but the defenses he's putting up are super toxic. Katsumi's badgering is very helpful I think, I the long run. She's tearing down his walls with logic. He needs to hear it. Also, Kushina and Katsumi are the best pair.
mickeysofine chapter 1 . 1/11
"Desperate mothers will do anything to protect their children, even sign them up to become child soldiers."

Yes, that seems like it makes sense.
"I'll protect you by signing you up for war."

Nonsense summary.
Soft Scratch chapter 8 . 12/17/2021
I absolutely love this. I couldn’t stop myself from reading it until there’s nothing left to read! You’ve written what I think is one of the best beginning a and introductions I’ve ever read in a fanfiction, and the story holds up amazingly well on its own even if you don’t describe characters that much. I can’t find a single thing to complain about in this story aside from how you seem to not have updated this fic in several years, but I have hope you might return one day and even if you don’t you have made something wonderful that you can be proud of.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/12/2021
I love how you write this fic but also I was wondering are they're gonna be time skips or are we gonna go through her whole childhood
Guest chapter 2 . 9/12/2021
This is one of the best naruto fics I've ever read I'm both excited to read it and sad to get to the last chapter I'm trying to read slowly so as to make it last
Guest chapter 8 . 7/19/2021
I absolutely adore this masterpiece
XP7102id chapter 1 . 4/16/2021
Look like Jiraiya has to pay the child support
AngelousPoofy chapter 2 . 2/23/2021
Ehheehehe
Alan975 chapter 8 . 1/21/2021
the interactions are more natural than, like, every other fic on here
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 8 . 12/17/2020
I kind of want a Katsumi POV, not going to lie, but this way of telling the story is very refreshing and it's nice to see what everyone else is thinking about the MC all the time.
Runyon Gaetz chapter 8 . 12/5/2020
That is exactly how I would expect a handler would handle political talk amongst those moving to a military dictatorship at war.
sophiewhettingsteel chapter 8 . 10/27/2020
wow I love this story so much, it's been interesting to read a different take on SI's and have it focus on the perspectives of the people around her instead.
Axel Fones chapter 5 . 10/24/2020
Obito is fascinating. Very social aware
draco366 chapter 8 . 8/15/2020
This is a really good story. I think it especially stands out as one of the few stories which take place outside of the events of the main Naruto storyline, a niche that is criminally underused. Exploring these familiar characters at an unfamiliar time is interesting, and made better by the good writing and characterizations.

SI stories are a group that I typically stay away from, but the way this story goes about the SI is, as far as I'm aware, unique and it works really well in my opinion. The OC and self insert are both charming, believable characters who are written well. As I said before, characters in general are well written, each have their own voices, issues, and personalities.

Lastly, whether intentional or not, there seem to be some things throughout the story that, I think, show that the story has meaning behind the surface understanding. Overall it's really enjoyable to read, the prose is good, the subject is interesting and we'll written, and I'm going to follow it.

Really, the only negative is that this seems to have been abandoned. Still worth the read, if only to enjoy the writing and world building.
jen.xtt chapter 8 . 7/17/2020
I really do enjoy this fic and how it's from a different perspective, it's quite tense since we know what's supposed to happen in cannon and your writing of the characters are very spot on honestly! I think Katsumi is a delight, a good balance and realistic in the naruto world tbh. dont let them haters get you down, you write what you envision and we'll support you nevertheless, it's your fic afterall x