Reviews for Leaves of Grass
XP7102id chapter 1 . 4/16
Look like Jiraiya has to pay the child support
AngelousPoofy chapter 2 . 2/23
Ehheehehe
Alan975 chapter 8 . 1/21
the interactions are more natural than, like, every other fic on here
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 8 . 12/17/2020
I kind of want a Katsumi POV, not going to lie, but this way of telling the story is very refreshing and it's nice to see what everyone else is thinking about the MC all the time.
Runyon Gaetz chapter 8 . 12/5/2020
That is exactly how I would expect a handler would handle political talk amongst those moving to a military dictatorship at war.
sophiewhettingsteel chapter 8 . 10/27/2020
wow I love this story so much, it's been interesting to read a different take on SI's and have it focus on the perspectives of the people around her instead.
Axel Fones chapter 5 . 10/24/2020
Obito is fascinating. Very social aware
draco366 chapter 8 . 8/15/2020
This is a really good story. I think it especially stands out as one of the few stories which take place outside of the events of the main Naruto storyline, a niche that is criminally underused. Exploring these familiar characters at an unfamiliar time is interesting, and made better by the good writing and characterizations.

SI stories are a group that I typically stay away from, but the way this story goes about the SI is, as far as I'm aware, unique and it works really well in my opinion. The OC and self insert are both charming, believable characters who are written well. As I said before, characters in general are well written, each have their own voices, issues, and personalities.

Lastly, whether intentional or not, there seem to be some things throughout the story that, I think, show that the story has meaning behind the surface understanding. Overall it's really enjoyable to read, the prose is good, the subject is interesting and we'll written, and I'm going to follow it.

Really, the only negative is that this seems to have been abandoned. Still worth the read, if only to enjoy the writing and world building.
jen.xtt chapter 8 . 7/17/2020
I really do enjoy this fic and how it's from a different perspective, it's quite tense since we know what's supposed to happen in cannon and your writing of the characters are very spot on honestly! I think Katsumi is a delight, a good balance and realistic in the naruto world tbh. dont let them haters get you down, you write what you envision and we'll support you nevertheless, it's your fic afterall x
jen.xtt chapter 7 . 7/16/2020
I'm loving how far we have come from the first chapter and it doesnt feel rushed or anything! all the characters are spot on and I am really enjoying this civilian dynamic with shinobi, especially Jiraya! you're doing amazing dude, hope you're enjoying yourself
jen.xtt chapter 5 . 7/16/2020
"you should've kicked the puppy too while you had the chance" got me HOWLING with laughter my goodness this is so good
Kemi chapter 8 . 7/10/2020
Personally? I would like this story to continue.

I don't know why but I do have a preference for this type of stories that do not include the OC POV. She must feel confused much definitely. And the fact that both her parents are busy with their jobs is not helping it. The fact that there some discrimination towards the mother because she comes from foreign territory made me angry, but could not fault it since that's probably exactly how the people would react to foreigners that come from enemy territory. I also found myself getting desperate with all the mentioned parents, but they committed such usual mistakes that I was like: "will they ever learn?"

And the following is just my wishful thinking so you can skip it.

I also wonder if she is going to be able to have any interaction with Orochimaru at all. I doubt it though, he is more interested in the lab and his own goals. And don't see him wasting his time with a toddler. Kind of sad in my opinion, I personally think he needs hug, Danzo keeps making me think that his existence continues to be an eyesore, but well nothing much to do with my wishful thinking.
Frog chapter 8 . 6/29/2020
I really love this! Your writing style is nice, and all of your characters are really well written! 3
ahappyreader chapter 8 . 6/14/2020
man! each chapter has me giggling and smiling stupidly because of all the hilarious interactuons between Katsumi and all the other characters! i really dont mind that Katsumi is kind of a ‘brat’ right now, although when the plot kicks up i would like her to mature a little and just graduate to mild teasing and pranking.

i really hope you get to continue this story soon!
khadz12345 chapter 8 . 5/3/2020
I'm really enjoying the fic. Really love how Kasumi has almost everyone around her finger. Would love an update and an interaction between her and Orochimaru.