Reviews for Alternate History
BellaCoventry chapter 32 . 8/22
This is such an amazing story! I love it when I find little gems like this hidden in the archives.
You have such a gift for writing, and I never saw the twist coming that she already was in her reality and I usually spot things like that a mile off!
I love your characterisations, you had Hermione down to a tee, and your interpretations of alternate characters were fantastic. I usually hate Lavendar no matter what form she takes, but I really enjoyed yours.
I also think my favourite part of the whole thing was that Hermione doesn’t have sugar in her tea. Finally someone sees sense! She’s the daughter of two dentists; if she isn’t allowed sweets it’s highly unlikely she’s going to have 3 sugars or honey or something stupid in her tea even once she is living away at Hogwarts! I never had sugar in my tea as a child and I can’t stand it as an adult, I’m so against it I can even tell if it’s been stirred with someone’s sugary spoon. Vile.
Rant aside, I really loved this story and I’ve never seen something even remotely similar so bonus points for originiality! I hope you return to writing one day, you are really talented.
sunshine.katz chapter 32 . 8/1
Ok I really enjoyed reading this. It was very interesting to see how one change (James dying instead of Lily), led to an entirely different world. Intrigued that you ended it with a scene involving Harry and Hermione rather than Hermione and Draco - their story felt a little unfinished. And why did Harry want to befriend Hermione so badly? All in all, it was a great read though - thanks for sharing!
sunshine.katz chapter 31 . 8/1
Ooooh great reveal! And that was a massive price to pay.
sunshine.katz chapter 28 . 8/1
Loved the discourse on the importance of reading and it was lovely to see how Hermione and Lavender became friends.
sunshine.katz chapter 27 . 8/1
Oh my gosh. Great red herrings because I did not see that coming.
sunshine.katz chapter 24 . 8/1
It's really interesting seeing how Harry could have turned out with only Lily and a stepdad - and how different his reaction to Sirius is.
sunshine.katz chapter 22 . 8/1
This Second Task was far scarier than in the book! Reminiscent of The Hunger Games with the screaming - which I always found torturous. Hermione did so well to make it through.
sunshine.katz chapter 19 . 8/1
Poor Hermione! What a way to discover it - but surely she would have had SOME correspondence with her family over that term?
sunshine.katz chapter 14 . 8/1
The First Task was great!
sunshine.katz chapter 12 . 7/31
Oh, I knew word about their hug would somehow spread. Poor Draco is still not secure enough to at least talk to Hermione before jumping to conclusions, but that was a very swift and straightforward (adorable) apology. In front of witnesses, no less!
sunshine.katz chapter 8 . 7/31
Super sweet!
sunshine.katz chapter 6 . 7/31
Just came across this and I'm loving it! Alt!Draco is the cutest.
lazy-kaa chapter 32 . 7/24
Actually, I do not like storries of HP/DM. But here evrything is just natural and good. The storry itself is brilliant in language and events. Thank you for a couple of days of nice time with good book.
Samara Holmes chapter 1 . 7/3
Just brilliant! Could not stop reading it until I finished it. Great writing and story line!
nkh1 chapter 29 . 5/14