Reviews for Marcus Writes
Dan Sickles chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
I really like this piece! You capture the decent, noble voice of Marcus Aurelius so perfectly. You should rent the HBO series ROME, you would really love that and there are some great fan stories for it here as well!
TheWhiteMonk chapter 1 . 9/14/2005
Just some historical trivia. Marcus Aurelius was a real emporer, the last of the 5 Good Emperors under whom Rome was at its peak. The reason for the success of the five was that instead of just passing on the title of Ceasar to their kin, they would pick and groom a successor from outside their family. That way someone with actual talent would become ruler. The real Emperor Marcus broke with this tradition and named his son Commodus his heir. The movie Commodus was actually a saint compared to the real one. He was the one all of the stories of Rome's bloodthirsty and insane Emperors were based on. Nobody mourned him when the Preatorian Gaurd assasinated him. Just FYI.
Sailor Sol chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
Hi! *waves* Since I've finally seen "Gladiator" and I was bored, and no one was around, I decided to read your stories! :-D. This was really good, though I can definitely see an improvement in your work. Just in the little things, like how you state things. But hey, we all have to begin somewhere, right? Ah well, I liked this very much. Touching, really. I have to go read your other ones now :-D.
Silent as the Grave chapter 1 . 10/7/2003
If only...
judesan chapter 1 . 12/24/2001
This is an excellent piece of writing. It sums up Marcus's reasons brilliantly. Gladiator was the most inspirational movie I ever saw, and this definitely lives up to that standard.
Chester-Luver chapter 1 . 11/11/2001
It's really good! I really like it
Subliminal Criminal chapter 1 . 7/26/2001
Good job. (Am I a responsible reader now?) No really, I liked it. Interesting. -SC
BrieflyDel chapter 1 . 7/24/2001
okay, I admit it - I'm a wandering Harry Potter fanatic who wandered over to the Gladiator section, and I looked at this in part because the guy who was Marcus Aurelius is playing Dumbledore... but I loved Gladiator and this lettter seems totally in character. I really like it *clicks the little square nexts to "add story to favorites"*
Jenimeni chapter 1 . 7/15/2001
NetSurfer77 chapter 1 . 6/6/2001
whoa! this was great!
Chibi chapter 1 . 3/17/2001
Overall it was well-written...but I would try to reword some things. It sounds like you took more lines from the movie than you wrote yourself.
Pottermaniac chapter 1 . 2/14/2001
Well-written and accurate. Wouldn't that complicate the plot if Marcus Aurelius had written this in a journal, and-say-a servant found it? Commodus would probably destroy this person before it got out, and then Commodus would become more evil in the eyes of the audience. Nice job; very professional style.
Lyndred chapter 1 . 2/1/2001
Wow. This is good.
Max chapter 1 . 1/6/2001 just used lines from the film...this sucks
Heather chapter 1 . 1/6/2001
Wow that was a really good idea for a fan fic. I would have never thought of it. Its really good and I enjoyed reading it!