Reviews for signs of crosses
Guest chapter 1 . 1/16/2019
I love this discussion of Matt’s faith, why he still believes even when it’s a struggle- I think that’s a part of him that’s often glossed over. And the line “to step into the path of every darkness he knows”- WOW.
goldacharmed chapter 1 . 6/5/2016
I really like the line about salvation and not everyone taking it. Another Job well done
Sari Dark chapter 1 . 5/16/2016
Wow. This is really deep. As a Catholic myself, I appreciate that you look at that side of Matt. Thank you.
ZoePerja chapter 1 . 6/20/2015
Fantastic description of faith, and anothers lack of understanding.
mille libri chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
Beautifully detailed and rich. His thought processes and the way he interacts with the world come across so well here.
Inactive Heroicagal chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
Very true to struggling as a believer. It's like breathing but sometimes you wonder if your faith can be enough. Great line with salvation being offered but not everyone choosing it. Wonderful fic.
Jane chapter 1 . 5/27/2015
This is beautiful!
afangirlfandom chapter 1 . 5/8/2015
Are you Catholic?
PegasusWingsVW chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
Well said. It's an interesting topic, eh?
bananagirl.97 chapter 1 . 4/30/2015
This is great. I'm a massive fan of anything that explores Matt's faith a little deeper and this didn't disappoint. It felt honest and was very in character, so well done! :)
HaiJu chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Hmmm, I like it. As a Christian I've always found faith a difficult thing to approach in fantasy characters, but I think you've done it well here.

-Hj
Katla chapter 1 . 4/27/2015
Oh my goodness, this was so moving. I was immediately drawn in by Matt's striking thoughts about the fact that he didn't know Karen's hair color. He knows so much, but color is something he can't hear or feel - and it just made me so sad. But it drew me right into his world, too, and made his blindness believable. I love how you slip so believably into his mind and his perspective. He deals in sound and touch and so do you when you write him. It was so good!

And the central aspect of this story was so moving - Matt's faith. I found Matt's Catholicism to be so symbolic and powerful in the show... they used it to great story and dramatic effect and didn't belittle it or belittle him, which I liked. I've always found Catholicism to be a little mysterious (because I was raised Protestant!) but very rich and beautiful.

Sometimes I hate it when people highlight faith in fanfic because it's so easy for it to feel contrived. But this - this was very good. Not only was the subject completely appropriate and organic to the story, but you wrote so genuinely that I was completely drawn in.

Basically, you killed me dead with Daredevil feels tonight with all these oneshots lol!