Reviews for Draco Malfoy and the Practice of Rationality
DaystarEld chapter 6 . 6/17/2015
This was my favorite chapter yet. The song was well crafted, the message inspired, and Draco's response was perfect. Very enjoyable.

The more I read, the more I consider this the "true" spiritual successor to HPMOR.
DaystarEld chapter 5 . 6/17/2015
This chapter has more noticeable grammatical errors than the previous ones. Lots of dropped capitalization, and even more missing commas around dialogue. Thought I'd mention it as it was slightly distracting, though the story itself is engrossing as ever.
DaystarEld chapter 3 . 6/17/2015
Aaaand now I'm positive I'm going to enjoy this more than GWSI. I almost got goosebumps from the diary's words. Very well done!
DaystarEld chapter 1 . 6/17/2015
Finally got around to reading this. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and predict I will find it on the whole far better than Ginny Weasley and the Sealed Intelligence. Looking forward to the rest :)
Enei Emmu chapter 14 . 6/16/2015
Wait a minute, if you showed them Star Wars then every Chaos soldier in the room knows where their anthem came from! HOLY CRAP!
Enei Emmu chapter 15 . 6/16/2015
You showed wizard kids Star Wars. Holy crap.
The Articulator chapter 13 . 6/11/2015
Haha, the name drop.

This was good - I'm liking how your continuing the rationality training and making sure to have the same undercurrent of learning from the original.

Looking forward to more!
Enei Emmu chapter 12 . 6/11/2015
Wait.

You could totally be EY and I'd never know. He could've started a fresh FF account (on March 2 which is just two weeks before MOR ended which actually would make sense), switched up his writing style a bit and added somewhat casual author's notes, subtly commented in said notes that he expects some of this story to be Whedonized by the eventual epilogue...

You're using different words than he does and you're structuring your sentences differently, but that's something EY could FAKE if he wanted; I could do it myself just by reading a few books from another author... you could totally be him. Writing the sequel to MOR but with the pressure of tens of thousands of fans lifted from your shoulders...

(not sure if kidding or just a little paranoid)
(NOT PARANOID ENOUGH) (CONSTANT VIGILANCE)
Enei Emmu chapter 13 . 6/11/2015
The way you write out these rational thinking techniques looks really close to how EY writes them. Which is to say, you're doing a damn good job here.
I get the feeling the bass is about to drop with this whole "Harry chatted with Voldemort before he killed him" plot. I'm excited to see where it goes.
Ossifrage chapter 11 . 6/7/2015
I was confused by the sentence with 'reminded X of the black...'.

s/an innocent mistakes/an innocent mistake/
s/believe me stories/believe my stories/

Thanks.
Enei Emmu chapter 11 . 6/7/2015
It's funny; I saw "Professor Asimov" and thought for sure that it wasn't THE Asimov, I was guessing maybe a descendant of his or a wizard with no relation at all. I pulled up his wikipedia page and was blown away to see he died in 1992; I thought he was from much longer ago. But this... this is gonna be good. Isaac Freakin' Asimov teaching Muggle Studies at Hogwarts, now THAT's something you don't see every day WAIT

"Muggles who Died in 1992"
Wikipedia has a category for MUGGLES who died in 1992. What.
Rafinius chapter 10 . 6/6/2015
What exactly happened there? Gilderoy Lockhart appear in HPMOR where Moody reveals him as a fraud. Did I misunderstand your intentions of this being a 'canon' continuance of HPMOR?

Also, Gilderoy is a Ravenclaw, not a Gryffindor. Did you not know that or did you change it on purpose? What, another shapeshifter/bodysnatcher DADA teacher retelling a backstory not in line with the body he is currently wearing? I'm curious who will crawl into Lupin next year.
Gradus chapter 6 . 6/3/2015
I have to object to Hermione not being a Ravenclaw; brave or not, the original HPMOR made a good point - if Hermione Granger isn't a Ravenclaw, what is the point of that house even existing?

You may need bravery to act on your cleverness, but her cleverness is still her defining trait... you might as well say she is loyal and friendly, or ambitious in her competition with Harry. Everyone in the story exhibits all the traits - that's what the hat was pointing out.
Enei Emmu chapter 10 . 6/2/2015
I can honestly say I've never seen a competent Gilderoy Lockhart before. I mean I'd guessed it was coming, this is an HPMOR fic not an HP fic and most of the cast is already different, but WOW.
Andreasfr chapter 10 . 6/1/2015
Wait, so Lockhart isn't a total sham in this fic? Cool.
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »