Reviews for Draco Malfoy and the Practice of Rationality
The Articulator chapter 10 . 6/1/2015
Oh yes, this is quite excellent. As with the last story to meet Professor Lockheart, I love how you've taken Quirrell's lessons and built upon them in a different direction. This was a rather excellent point - and I'm quite looking forward to seeing how the 'armies' will work this year, given the focus on detecting intent. Probably not quite as straightforward as last year...
Guest chapter 9 . 5/31/2015
Nice chapter ending; first Draco's thinking on the cane (bittersweet) and then that perfectly crafted final sentence.
Gigapode chapter 9 . 5/28/2015
Awesome prologue. Draco Malfoy is still a fairly alien personality to me but hes a well written protagonist and his motivations and actions are easier to understand now that I've read his thoughts and learned about his upbringing.
Greatly looking forward to next Wednesday.
lahwran chapter 9 . 5/27/2015
looking forward to more :)
Enei Emmu chapter 9 . 5/27/2015
First time reviewing from this dinky little android tablet I picked up today, so please excuse my brevity. The chapter was good as usual, and two bits really stuck out for me.

1. The narrative states that years from now Draco will look back on this day and his slip of Harry's secret and it'll haunt him. This implies that Draco will live that long and Bad Things will come of this.

2. Draco suspects Harry talked to Voldemort before he killed him, and he's rightly disturbed by it.

That's some wicked foreshadowing there. Thank you for writing.
lahwran chapter 5 . 5/23/2015
muggles would sure like to prove our security is unbreakable, but no cryptographic math in common use today is formally proven secure, and very little security implementation is formally proven in any way. While it's difficult to break security, it's basically Swiss cheese if you spend enough time. Which is not how it's supposed to be - you are correct that security through obscurity is a mistake. We're just making it. Everywhere.
Reader chapter 8 . 5/23/2015
Unknown Unknowns is such a good representation of what the character Draco is about.
Great job.
Enei Emmu chapter 1 . 5/22/2015
Yeah, I think that's it. I remember Yudkowsky said once that when he started HPMOR, it was just a wacky fanfiction he was doing for fun, and it was only partway through that he started focusing on writing it as an incredible story that lived up to the expectations of thousands of people. I imagine that shift happened sometime around Azkaban; I don't think he actually said as much but that's the feeling I get.

I think the first few chapters of your story are shining sort of like the first few chapters of HPMOR; they're nothing alike in tone but it's that confidence, that same kind of confidence that makes your writing so enticing.

And maybe one day this one'll have thousands of subbed readers, and your writing will have a different kind of confidence when you know that all of them are coming back for one chapter after another, they have high hopes for this story, and you know deep down you'll live up to them.

/end ramble
Enei Emmu chapter 8 . 5/22/2015
Well that was... tense. I like it. This story is definitely gonna grow and become a must-read for fans who finish HPMOR, I'm sure of it. I've read this one and "Minds, Names and Faces," both of which are great, but what I really like about this one more (aside from the frequent updates which is fantastic) is that your writing really seems... confident.

The tone of your story is different from HPMOR, and that seems to be intentional... the vibe I'm getting is that you're really looking at this as a fanfiction instead of, like, a canon sequel that carries the weight of following in HPMOR's footsteps. And that's great because HPMOR itself was a fanfiction and not an attempt at a canon sequel to Harry Potter.

I love this story. Thank you for writing.
The Articulator chapter 7 . 5/21/2015
Haha! Perfect!
randomfan chapter 7 . 5/20/2015
I expect the answer draco would expect himself to give, if he thought of this question at all- would be no, unless the serum forces elaboration, in which case he'd expect to confess to liking her as a friend- a loss, but no great one- but i also expect that the actual answer won't be a straightforwards no.
Enei Emmu chapter 7 . 5/20/2015
Ooh, now that's a bold move. From you, I mean. There's been some hints of it before, but this is way beyond subtle foreshadowing, you're throwing Draco/Hermione right out there or at least making it look that way for this one cliffhanger and WHY DO I CARE
Andreasfr chapter 6 . 5/18/2015
Holy crap, the song gave me chills! Awesome work! :D
The Articulator chapter 6 . 5/18/2015
Ah, that was quite an interesting and refreshing start.

I do love how each fic has its own little flairs, but I think I like this particular development best. Of course, knowing that the hat isn't really sapient, we must ask: how do the songs come about?
Enei Emmu chapter 6 . 5/18/2015
That was really emotional. I'm loving this story more and more every chapter.
231 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 11 12 13 14 15 .. Last Next »