Reviews for Draco Malfoy and the Practice of Rationality
Guest chapter 1 . 3/22/2019
This is much better than every other attempt St a sequel I've seen. I hope the quality persists.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/8/2019
Can we get a sequel please? I would be happy to pay for a copy.
Guest chapter 6 . 3/4/2019
Hi! Thank you for writing this fic! It seems ultra congruent with HPMOR so far, right down to the writing style. Love it so far! 3
Anubha chapter 2 . 2/21/2019
Nice chapter but I have a comment about time not been synchronized among magical lands because of lack of industrialization. Time synchronization across different zones matters more in magical lands because they have extremely fast means of travel like floo, portkey, teleportation. People can coordinate to meet up at any location and reach there almost instantly. So they need to know what exact time to meet.
darthtenebrosius chapter 65 . 11/8/2018
An excellent continuation effort. I applaud you. I also admit that I have been binge-reading this since I found it a day ago, unable to put it down - somewhat to the detriment of my productivity as regards work. Oh well. I would have loved to see what happens after they go through the waterfall, but I understand that you felt it best to leave it not fully resolved.
Guest chapter 65 . 7/5/2018
The epilogue raised so many more questions. And I have no desire to read Blake at this time. Frustrated although the writing was compelling overall.
cryptologicalMystic chapter 27 . 6/14/2018
Is the anecdote about the student whose math teacher told him to add 1 through 100 referencing a real person? If so, who? If not, is it a reference to The Number Devil?
bentown chapter 1 . 5/3/2018
Hey, just finished. Great story. Thank you very much for writing it
bentown chapter 36 . 4/23/2018
Hi taogaming, thanks so much for writing this. I'm just half way through now. I really appreciate the effort you put into this and I'm enjoying your writing style a lot.
morty35 chapter 3 . 3/25/2018
This book started off really good but at about midway it just kept getting worse and ended with a terrible ending. The main message of the book is that rationality sucks and it is better not to use it. HPMOR was awesome because it took rationality and made it a power that Harry used to solve problems. This book did the opposite. It made Draco’s “rationality” lead him to the wrong conclusions. It made Draco become paranoid and trapped to the point where he made Mad eye Moody look trusting. Draco missed the obvious even though he was in the Bayesian conspiracy.

It didn’t help that the author chose to have the universe conspire against him through prophecies to use rationality against him. Neville died a pointless death for no reason. The climax was a complex convoluted plot that didn’t make any sense after you think about it for a while. There were so many other simpler ways that any rational sane person could have resolved the dilemma. Draco could have just talked to Hermione because he trusted her to be good. Draco could have just used his rationality to test Harry. It is much simpler to make that kind of test than the author imagines.

Voldemort could fool people into thinking he was good by creating scenarios where his objectives and what a good person would do would match. This was possible because Voldemort has a lot of power to control what is happening and no one fully suspected him of being Voldemort in his “good” roles. All Draco would have to do would be to create a scenario where being good and being Voldemort had different results. For example, seeing if Harry would be willing to sacrifice himself for his friends.

This author seemed to want a face off of Harry and Draco and twisted the universe in ridiculous ways to achieve that no matter the cost and pretend that these are Draco’s most rational choices. So I am supposed to read this and take the message that the most rational path for Draco to be moral and save the world is to become and crime lord and mass murder so that he could trap Harry in Stone and that is how to prevent the end of the world. What utter nonsense. How did anything Draco did in the end help anything? It really feels like the author wanted a Dark Lord face-off and just built backwards anyway necessary to force that to happen.

By the way, that was really sick how one of the few ways this book tries to be funny is having humor with Grindinwald (aka Hitler) running a shirt shop. Draco is so worried about Voldemort but has no problem with a mass murderer who was arguably far worse. Way to disrespect the mass-slaughter of people by Hitler.

0/5 stars.

Note: I accidentally posted the review below before being done editing.
morty35 chapter 1 . 3/25/2018
This book started off really good but at about midway it just kept getting worse and ended with a terrible ending. The main message of the book is that rationality sucks. HPMOR was awesome because it took rationality and made it a power that Harry used to solve problems. This book did the opposite. It made Draco’s “rationality” and made him become paranoid and made him trapped. Draco got trapped in such convoluted paranoia that he made Mad eye Moody look trusting. Draco missed the obvious even though he was in the Bayesian conspiracy.

It didn’t help that the author chose to have the universe conspired against him through prophecies to use rationality against him. Neville died a pointless death for no reason. The climax was a complex consulted plot that didn’t make any sense after you think about it for a while. Draco could talked to Hermione, or Draco could have just used his rationality to test Harry. Voldemort could fool people into thinking he was good by creating scenarios where his objectives and what a good person would do would match. This was possible because Voldemort has a lot of power and was fully suspected for his “good” roles. All Draco would have to do would be to create a scenario where those no longer matched such as seeing if Harry would be willing to sacrifice himself for his friends.

This author seemed to want a face off of Harry and Draco and twisted the universe in ridiculous ways to achieve that and pretend that that was Draco’s most rational choices. So I am supposed to read this and take the message that the most rational path for Draco to be moral and save the world is to become and crime lord and mass murder so that he could trap Harry in Stone and that is how to prevent the end of the world. What utter nonsense.

0/5 stars.
Lucasnox chapter 13 . 3/19/2018
So it was studied in the 80s but nobody put it to an actual book before '92?

Im sure theres an obscure book somewhere that talked about it, or harry could like you said have read through his fathers journels but harrys father was not a cognitive scientist or psychology researcher so that hypothesis is a little more unlikely since you tend to subscribe to journals of the fields you are involved in

though harry might have just "borrowed" journals that the actual university library had a subscription to (and his dad checked them out for him probably) because the university library usually has a subscription to damn near everything

Or in this universe asimov just made a pop sci book about it because why not this asimov clearly breaks the continuity of this universes timeline and is different in the timeline in this story
Lucasnox chapter 12 . 3/19/2018
To be fair SCIENCE is a highly competive sometimes high stakes field (only so much grant money to go around)

And people are always looking for the most subtle of effects to greater and greater degress of subtlety
Brickman chapter 65 . 1/28/2018
This was a very good story overall, one that I enjoyed a lot. It was a bit weird (and maybe belief-straining) how Harry picked up where Quirrel left off with turning war games into a central pillar of the school, even adding a new one, and maybe Draco acted a bit rashly at the end, but other than that I have no criticisms.
Tokrazeno chapter 34 . 4/16/2017
That wargame was interesting. Based on Artemis by any chance?
231 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »